+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Live in Caregiver apply in Buffalo CIC

raoul

Mar 20, 2010
Hi,
I hope somebody here in the forum can help me.
wan't to apply for a live-in care giver from Buffalo CIC.

Currently in a low skilled worker. Entered CA as a live-in care giver then agency changed it to a low skilled worker.
Now my low skilled worker would expire by next month. have a prospective employer already.
but I don't have a visa to US. I was wondering if I apply in Buffalo CIC.
If I need to get my LCP Visa in Buffalo, then I need to go to Buffalo CIC which is in US. But I don't have a US Visa.
and I don't know if I would be granted one in such a short time.

kindly send me an email at raoul.rious@gmail.com or post here pls.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
raoul said:
Hi,
I hope somebody here in the forum can help me.
wan't to apply for a live-in care giver from Buffalo CIC.

Currently in a low skilled worker. Entered CA as a live-in care giver then agency changed it to a low skilled worker.
Now my low skilled worker would expire by next month. have a prospective employer already.
but I don't have a visa to US. I was wondering if I apply in Buffalo CIC.
If I need to get my LCP Visa in Buffalo, then I need to go to Buffalo CIC which is in US. But I don't have a US Visa.
and I don't know if I would be granted one in such a short time.

kindly send me an email at raoul.rious @ gmail.com or post here pls.
You can send your application to Buffalo. Do you have a LMO? Attach a copy of your contract too. Read the post of Era.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/low-skilled-worker-to-livein-caregiver-t31919.0.html

era2007

Jan 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
00-02-2011
AOR Received.
24-05-2011
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
18-08-2011
Med's Done....
28-09-2011
Passport Req..
09-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
31-01-2012
LANDED..........
11-02-2012
yes you can apply in Buffalo and you dont need to have a us visa..just send all your application thru mail and they will give you a letter that you need to get your workpermit in any port of entry.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

era2007 said:
yes you can apply in Buffalo and you dont need to have a us visa..just send all your application thru mail and they will give you a letter that you need to get your workpermit in any port of entry.
Except that most Live in Care Givers have an interview before the work permit is issued.

PMM

raoul

Mar 20, 2010
era2007 said:
Hi Era2007, thanks for the reply.
Once, I leave Canada, and enter the US. I would get my workpermit in US? or in Canada port of Entry?
Hoping for your reply.
did you have an interview before getting your work permit.

raoul

Mar 20, 2010
PMM said:
Hi

Except that most Live in Care Givers have an interview before the work permit is issued.

PMM
I have one my interview before when they have given the live in care giver work permit. but it was changed when arriving canada to low skilled worker.
Do I have to go for an interview again? If i have to, is the interview here in Canada or in Buffalo US?

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
raoul said:
I have one my interview before when they have given the live in care giver work permit. but it was changed when arriving canada to low skilled worker.
Do I have to go for an interview again? If i have to, is the interview here in Canada or in Buffalo US?
It would be the Canadian Embassy in Buffalo but Era did not have an interview. She also moved from low skilled to live in caregiver.

drew2011

Dec 21, 2011
hello help naman po...unskilled worker po ang pasok ko dito sa canada i finish my contract then i change my working status into live in caregiver i apply in del bonita(border) then the officer apporve my application...then after 1 year nag apply ako for extension ng working permit ko, when i received my working permit the REMARKS is : NOT INCLUDED in live in caregiver it means di ako makakapag apply ng PR, ...nmy questions are:

1. pwede ko bang i re apply urgent ang papers ko sa buffalo kahit my current working permit ako issued ngayong ddecember lang ???
2. ano po ba ang gagawin ko para ma ilagay ang ako sa Live in caregiver Program (LCP)?
3. may interview ba pag sa buffalo mag aaply??
pls help naman po urgent thank you and God bless

Bambiegirl

May 18, 2011
drew2011 said:
hello help naman po...unskilled worker po ang pasok ko dito sa canada i finish my contract then i change my working status into live in caregiver i apply in del bonita(border) then the officer apporve my application...then after 1 year nag apply ako for extension ng working permit ko, when i received my working permit the REMARKS is : NOT INCLUDED in live in caregiver it means di ako makakapag apply ng PR, ...nmy questions are:

1. pwede ko bang i re apply urgent ang papers ko sa buffalo kahit my current working permit ako issued ngayong ddecember lang ???
2. ano po ba ang gagawin ko para ma ilagay ang ako sa Live in caregiver Program (LCP)?
English please.....not all are Filipinos here especially the senior members. Thanks!

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
You have to send an application to a Canadian Visa office or Consulate.

drew2011 said:

drew2011

Dec 21, 2011
thanks for the reply job seeker.......i am already here at canada and working as as live in caregiver i received my latest working permit extension but the remarks is NOT INCLUDED IN LIVE IN CREGIVER PROGRAM i have been working in my employer more more than 1 1/2 years now.... should i re apply right now in buffalo??? what are the chamces that i can be in the program? please help ...thank you

gwennie

Apr 20, 2013
hi drew2011! i have the same situation as yours. can you share to me how did you went through the application?