+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Life in Canada after Arrival - Share Experience !!

neeraj1985

Star Member
Sep 10, 2011
New Delhi
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Band 8
Hi Guys,

It's time for a lot of members from the forum to travel to Canada in the coming days. A lot of people here are extremely grateful for all the information you have shared with us on the forum not just by answering questions but by asking questions as well, especially, rhasan, ACCA, enfield, royalsting, scylla, PMM, Canadahelp, Rupak, Vinni, Khurana, melanie, ad singh, a_a_d and all the other members your contribution is as valuable as the people mentioned above. 8) 8) :p :p 8) 8)

I specifically started this thread so that you can share, if possible, your Port of entry experience, finding an accommodation experience, life in Canada in the first week as a student which would be a great help for students planning to go for next session in 2012 or may go for January, 2012 after you guys.

So, looking forward to some post by people, who are already there and from those who will be there in a couple of weeks !!!

Habil

Feb 25, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The weather is extreme,boredom and you will miss home like a small child missing his/her mum. :eek: :eek:

vini8992

Oct 29, 2011
jalandhar
Visa Office......
cpc-ottawa
Job Offer........
Yes
shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaant jagah hai canada where everything is under rules and laws..i like it n mot not missing home till now :p

rhasan

May 3, 2011
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2015
Doc's Request.
21-11-2015
Nomination.....
23-11-2015
And you will never feel the cold as long as you are in your home and have proper gears to go out.

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rhasan said:
And you will never feel the cold as long as you are in your home and have proper gears to go out.
There is no such thing as bad weather in Canada, just the wrong clothes :)

rhasan

May 3, 2011
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2015
Doc's Request.
21-11-2015
Nomination.....
23-11-2015
Baloo said:
There is no such thing as bad weather in Canada, just the wrong clothes :)
Can't agree more! If one can wear less cloth, he/she can wear more too :p People just exaggerate the beautiful weather Canada has to offer!

neeraj1985

Star Member
Sep 10, 2011
New Delhi
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Band 8
sandhujas said:
missing my home

feeling bad.....
So, finally I guess Habil was right when he said "The weather is extreme, boredom and you will miss home like a small child missing his/her mum".

Sandhu bro..don't stay at home, move out of the room check out the place !!!

rhasan

May 3, 2011
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2015
Doc's Request.
21-11-2015
Nomination.....
23-11-2015
sandhujas said:
missing my home

feeling bad.....
Give it some time...you will get too busy to even utter the "m" of "i miss home". This initial stage is what people call "culture shock" and is just temporary. Just remember, you are here for a greater good/cause and every such step requires giving up something. Just be happy that you did not have to give up your family/home, you are just away from it for the time being :)

Habil

Feb 25, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rhasan is right in when he says that were are here for for a greater good/course and every such step requires giving up something 100% true

Congrats to vini8992 for not missing his home.I though this was natural.I was very busy when we initially came but i still missed home so you are outstanding.

ashokcan

Apr 28, 2011
rhasan said:
Give it some time...you will get too busy to even utter the "m" of "i miss home". This initial stage is what people call "culture shock" and is just temporary. Just remember, you are here for a greater good/cause and every such step requires giving up something. Just be happy that you did not have to give up your family/home, you are just away from it for the time being :)
Very well said. ;)

rhasan

May 3, 2011
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2015
Doc's Request.
21-11-2015
Nomination.....
23-11-2015

dus2_chele

Nov 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i dont think you need to go to canada to miss your home.even if you go to a different city in your country am sure its enough to miss home and family.

R

Star Member
Aug 23, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Habil said:
The weather is extreme,boredom and you will miss home like a small child missing his/her mum. :eek: :eek:
first you got visa for a 3 year under graduate degree and now studying a 1 year certificate course..... and at the same time complaining of no jobs in Canada.....

I was born and raised in Canada, and I know what Canada has to offer. Canada is for those, who work hard and willing to adjust. In one of your post, you suggested members to get marry a Canadian women to get faster PR. Do you think if its a logical way to post and misguide members? Do you think if a Canadian women will marry a donkey like you who "all the time discouraging" members.

In one of your post, you also suggested members to stop studying in Canada and enter US like your many friends doing the same. May be you think US run by your grandfather who is there on border to welcome us. Why you discourage members always???

I am a Canadian and belong to a landed immigrant family, and I can tell you all guys thats Canada is neither "a heaven" nor "a hell", and you can not expect heaven and hell at one place. Come to Canada if you understand the meaning of hardwork and patience.

All the best....