Passport Req..
27th September
We can all rest in peace now :D

mrangwala

Star Member
Jan 3, 2018
LANDED..........
01-05-2019
I have written extensively on this issue before and here is my input on it again. When applying for PR, every applicant has to meet the CRS and MEC.

The NOC becomes important for MEC and IRCC clearly states:

Minimum work experience requirement

The applicant must have accumulated at least one year of continuous full-time (or the equivalent in part-time) paid work experience in the occupation identified in their application for permanent residence as their primary occupation. In calculating this period of work experience, the occupation must be listed in skill type 0 (Managerial occupations), skill level A (Professional occupations) or skill level B (Technical occupations and skilled trades) of the National Occupational Classification (NOC) 2016 [R75(2)(a)].

The applicant’s skilled work experience must also

• have occurred within the ten years preceding the date of their application for permanent residence; and
  • not be in an occupation that has been designated as a restricted occupation.
Note: At the time of publication, no occupations were designated as restricted.

In addition, during that period of employment, the applicant must have

• performed the actions described in the lead statement for the occupation as set out in the occupational description of the NOC [R75(2)(b)]; and
  • performed a substantial number of the main duties, including all of the essential duties, of the occupation as set out in the occupational description of the NOC [R75(2)(c)].
Note: The applicant does not need to demonstrate that they meet the “employment requirements” listed in the NOC occupational description.

see https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/economic-classes/federal-skilled-workers/assessing-applications-against-minimum-requirements.html

Now to come to your specific questions:

a. For EE you do not need a license. Just your job duties have to substantially match. See it this way. A lawyer, or a Physician if they apply under EE, they will chose their respective NOC for lawyer and physician. To get licensed in Canada as a lawyer or Physician it takes 1-2 years, and in some cases even more. It will be absurd to expect someone to be licensed before applying for a PR. Some licenses even require a PR status before the license can be obtained.

b. I have shared the link above, and license is not required.

c. YEs

It does not matter which province you select.

Hope this helps.
Thank you for your response. I really appreciate it. :)

abhi16691

May 13, 2018
Thank you guys! I had been researching about this topic for a month now and it was a real torture. I had always got mixed opinions. I think i got the answer now and will go ahwad with Noc 1111. Such a relief.
One last question, what are restricted occupations? I hope Noc 1111 doesn't fall under that without a CA/CPA degree.

prpurohit

Mar 12, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
4th June, 2018
Med's Done....
15th june
Passport Req..
27th September
Thank you guys! I had been researching about this topic for a month now and it was a real torture. I had always got mixed opinions. I think i got the answer now and will go ahwad with Noc 1111. Such a relief.
One last question, what are restricted occupations? I hope Noc 1111 doesn't fall under that without a CA/CPA degree.
" Note: At the time of publication, no occupations were designated as restricted. " As per cic.

You can apply with NOC 1111.

mrangwala

Star Member
Jan 3, 2018
LANDED..........
01-05-2019
I am OP, Its been a year since I landed, so just wanted to let the forum know that you definitely do not need designation for EE. I hope this helps those looking for answers.