+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Letter of Acceptance - Desperate Assistance Request

rxrugs

Jun 30, 2011
I recently sent my Msc Petroleum Engineering preliminarily Application to the University of Alberta 3 weeks ago and up to now they have not gotten back to me. Has any one experienced this delay?

Secondly, I am in the process of applying to Calgary University and Regina University for the Msc Petroleum Engineering course. The website says that one has to send Official Results from their former University. I did my Msc in Transport Engineering in the UK and I have my Original Transcript. I am currently in East Africa. Do I have to ring the UK and Ask the UK university to post a copy of my results to Calgary University? Also do I request my Bsc University to do the same? I am really running out of time.

Also with regards to the referees do they also post the reference letters independently? Several of my referees are now in UK and USA and it may only be easy communicate with them only online.

I kindly request for help from all those who have successfully gotten their letters of Acceptance. I am desperate as I am looking at going to Canda Early to mid 2012.

Kind regards
yrs rxrugs

rhasan

May 3, 2011
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2015
Doc's Request.
21-11-2015
Nomination.....
23-11-2015
rxrugs said:
I recently sent my Msc Petroleum Engineering preliminarily Application to the University of Alberta 3 weeks ago and up to now they have not gotten back to me. Has any one experienced this delay?

Secondly, I am in the process of applying to Calgary University and Regina University for the Msc Petroleum Engineering course. The website says that one has to send Official Results from their former University. I did my Msc in Transport Engineering in the UK and I have my Original Transcript. I am currently in East Africa. Do I have to ring the UK and Ask the UK university to post a copy of my results to Calgary University? Also do I request my Bsc University to do the same? I am really running out of time.

Also with regards to the referees do they also post the reference letters independently? Several of my referees are now in UK and USA and it may only be easy communicate with them only online.

I kindly request for help from all those who have successfully gotten their letters of Acceptance. I am desperate as I am looking at going to Canda Early to mid 2012.

Kind regards
yrs rxrugs
Yes you have to send all the university certificates/transcripts directly from the university or in sealed envelop (sealed by the registrar office of the university). Same thing applies in case of reference letters. Some universities have online reference letter while for others, you have to post them in sealed envelops (sealed by the referee himself/herself).

About the application, generally it takes 2 to 3 months to make decision for international applications.

rxrugs

Jun 30, 2011
Thanks alot rhasan, There in lies my problem I left the UK last year. It will practically be a logistical challenge to co-ordinate this. Is there any one who has had to liaise with Universities in the UK or a university from such a distance such as Australia, USA? And in the case of your universities did you organise for the courier charges or did they give you the sealed results for you to forward to the canadian University?

2ndly which mail service is often used, from say Pakistan? DHL? Fedex?

rhasan

May 3, 2011
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2015
Doc's Request.
21-11-2015
Nomination.....
23-11-2015
rxrugs said:
Thanks alot rhasan, There in lies my problem I left the UK last year. It will practically be a logistical challenge to co-ordinate this. Is there any one who has had to liaise with Universities in the UK or a university from such a distance such as Australia, USA? And in the case of your universities did you organise for the courier charges or did they give you the sealed results for you to forward to the canadian University?

2ndly which mail service is often used, from say Pakistan? DHL? Fedex?

I did not understand "Is there any one who has had to liaise with Universities in the UK or a university from such a distance such as Australia, USA" part of your question. Can you please clarify that part to me.

Well I did my undergrad from a university in my home country (Bangladesh). So instead of giving them courier charge for each parcel, I took sealed envelops and mailed them with other documents.

I think your last question should be answered by someone from Pakistan. Just as a personal opinion, I prefer DHL since FedEx is expensive (even for student packages).

rxrugs

Jun 30, 2011
I was trying to find out if any one has had to send his or her documents from a university in another country. Forexample I am currently in Kenya. I did My under grad in Uganda and my Post grad in UK.

rhasan

May 3, 2011
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2015
Doc's Request.
21-11-2015
Nomination.....
23-11-2015
rxrugs said:
I was trying to find out if any one has had to send his or her documents from a university in another country. Forexample I am currently in Kenya. I did My under grad in Uganda and my Post grad in UK.
Ooo ok. Well I guess there are people in this forum who have faced similar situation as that of yours. I suggest you to open a thread with a proper title like "sending university transcript from another country" or something like that. Then you should be able to attract proper forum posters who can help you.

Mehnaz

Jul 2, 2011
Hello!
Since I applied to University of Alberta too, I hope I can help you a little bit regarding their response time. Unfortunately, UofA takes some (?) time to reply...I remember them replying back to my queries weeks later after I had resent the mails two or three times. Also they will be pretty late responding after submission of your preliminary application...say 3-4 weeks. So just be patient and wait for them to reply. In case if it gets too long, mail the supervisor you contacted or the graduate program coordinator. After they respond to your preliminary application, you need to send all the necessary documents to the university. Hardcopies are a must; u can send softcopies of the papers along with that. You really need to be patient with UofA...that's all I can say! Hope this helped.

lonesoul

Star Member
Apr 24, 2011
Karachi Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC-Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-5-2011
IELTS Request
7.0 Bands
Med's Request
06-7-2011
Med's Done....
11-7-2011
Passport Req..
18-7-2011
VISA ISSUED...
27-7-2011 got on 4-8-2011

rxrugs

Jun 30, 2011
rhasan said:
Ooo ok. Well I guess there are people in this forum who have faced similar situation as that of yours. I suggest you to open a thread with a proper title like "sending university transcript from another country" or something like that. Then you should be able to attract proper forum posters who can help you.
Thanks alot rhasan I will start an new thread as advised.

rxrugs

Jun 30, 2011
Mehnaz said:
Hello!
Since I applied to University of Alberta too, I hope I can help you a little bit regarding their response time. Unfortunately, UofA takes some (?) time to reply...I remember them replying back to my queries weeks later after I had resent the mails two or three times. Also they will be pretty late responding after submission of your preliminary application...say 3-4 weeks. So just be patient and wait for them to reply. In case if it gets too long, mail the supervisor you contacted or the graduate program coordinator. After they respond to your preliminary application, you need to send all the necessary documents to the university. Hardcopies are a must; u can send softcopies of the papers along with that. You really need to be patient with UofA...that's all I can say! Hope this helped.
I am already getting late for the January 2012 application deadline. Will they consider the fact that they have delayed my preliminary application??

Mehnaz

Jul 2, 2011
rxrugs said:
I am already getting late for the January 2012 application deadline. Will they consider the fact that they have delayed my preliminary application??
Nah, sorry! I don't think they'll consider that fact!! :(