+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LET'S SHARE VISA STATUS/UPDATES-MAY APPLICANTS ONLY.

carlotanching

Jun 27, 2017
Hello,

I applied last June 19, 2017. My status just changed today to We are reviewing your eligibility.

Application status We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.

Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.

Review of additional documents We do not need additional documents.

If we need your biometrics, we will send you a message in your account telling you how to submit biometrics.

Background check Not applicable.

Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

>> My question now is- How long would it take to come up with a Final decision?

Thanks

mhk16

Star Member
Jul 20, 2017
Applied on June 8th.
Online submission without upfront medical.
Received medical instructions on 22nd July.
According to hospital, they uploaded my medical results on 25th July.

Application/profile details
Where is this application? > Application status We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility > We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results > If you need a medical exam, a message with instructions will be sent to you.
Review of additional documents >We do not need additional documents.
Interview >You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics > We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background > check Not applicable.
Final decision > Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

8th week and still waiting for a decision along with medical results to be updated and an approval for visa.

Classes start on 5th September and due to this haven't booked even my flight tickets yet.

Anyone dealing with same situation?

ashfaaqs

Oct 18, 2016
Canada
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
22-02-2021
Applied for a student visa and trv for my wife on 17may 2017. Received a message on my cic account to provide police certificate of character on the 13th of July although i submitted same initially. On the 4th of Aug, received a message on my cic account 'original passport request'. No update on cic whether application has been approved or not. I am from Mauritius and application submitted at Pretoria office. Anyone can advise?

anveshkeesara

Star Member
Jun 25, 2017
Hi everyone,

As an update, I got a notification in the CIC website to submit my passport.:) (along with an email)
It took exactly 3 weeks since the day of the application on 22 May.
My online documents were organized very well with an index and hyperlinks within the pdf.

Also, I am a graduate with 17 years of experience....
So if there is any mature student out there, who is pessimistic of getting a visa - NEVER give up hope!
As long as you do your best, you will achieve success! :)

Good luck to everyone else! I hope you get your visas real soon!

Hi Skape,

Could you share your SOP by removing personal info at
anveshkeesara@gmail.com

sheraz14

Jun 24, 2018
While filling the IQAS application, under Education information what dates should i enter in "Dates of Instruction" from to ? can i enter random date of month or should i enter the dates i completed according to final transcript ? (Years i'll mention correctly)

Teja K

Aug 24, 2018
Hey everyone, does anyone has any idea how long it usually takes for the Visa to be issued once the medicals are updated saying ‘you have passed the medical exam’ .... mine is an SDS online application for student visa , i applied for the visa pretty late actually which is on Aug 3rd for September intake , i heard the current Online SDS process has sped up significantly..... please update your status too and please let me know if you have any idea about this .

Aug 28, 2018
Hey everyone, does anyone has any idea how long it usually takes for the Visa to be issued once the medicals are updated saying ‘you have passed the medical exam’ .... mine is an SDS online application for student visa , i applied for the visa pretty late actually which is on Aug 3rd for September intake , i heard the current Online SDS process has sped up significantly..... please update your status too and please let me know if you have any idea about this .
Hi
I have the similar situation
Applied online for September intake on 2nd August
Classes are starting from 10th September
Medical passed around 10th august they are reviewing my application since then

Reactions: Teja K

Teja K

Aug 24, 2018
Hi
I have the similar situation
Applied online for September intake on 2nd August
Classes are starting from 10th September
Medical passed around 10th august they are reviewing my application since then
Do you think it doesn’t matter how early our medicals are updated ? My friend got her visa after 14days of medicals updation and she filed her visa offline ! Whereas other 2 frnds of her who applied online got their visa a week later ...... such confusion and tention...

Aug 28, 2018
Do you think it doesn’t matter how early our medicals are updated ? My friend got her visa after 14days of medicals updation and she filed her visa offline ! Whereas other 2 frnds of her who applied online got their visa a week later ...... such confusion and tention...
I think online applications are being processed in ottawa hence the delay
Whereas delhi HC today approved visas for applicants who applied on 3rd August