october 5,2014
AOR Received.
October 29,2014
File Transfer...
owp approved:dec.24,2014
Med's Request
owp received:january7,2015
miglop2014 said:
Well, we have some great news here. I just picked up from the mailbox my girlfriend's open work permit. It was issued the 30th of December and it's valid for 2 years :) Her application was received the 15th of October.
hi thats a gud news!!feeling worried..hope mine is in yhe mailbox now.wat is ur province agen?

rolene lj

Star Member
Sep 30, 2014
  • Hi guys! I've got an email from the immigration today...I guess it's a confirmation letter. It's stated in the letter that their office in Abu Dhabi will contact my husband, probably its part of the background check for my dependant (my husband). My husband done his medical separately from my daughter because before he is working in Saudi Arabia. My daughter done her medical Sept.14 In St. Lukes Manila. My husband done his medical Sept.21 in Saudi, but he is now in Philippines since Oct. 29 & didn't came back in Saudi coz he decided to wait for their application in Philippines. I already inform the Cic about the change in adress of my husband through call online & tru sending a letter. But I guess tomorrow I need to update it again. Hoping that everything will be fine and next is my dependants Pasport submission or my letter for interview...I do hope so..God bless to everyone.

jpaulianne

Star Member
Oct 21, 2011
AB, Canada
rolene lj said:
  • Hi guys! I've got an email from the immigration today...I guess it's a confirmation letter. It's stated in the letter that their office in Abu Dhabi will contact my husband, probably its part of the background check for my dependant (my husband). My husband done his medical separately from my daughter because before he is working in Saudi Arabia. My daughter done her medical Sept.14 In St. Lukes Manila. My husband done his medical Sept.21 in Saudi, but he is now in Philippines since Oct. 29 & didn't came back in Saudi coz he decided to wait for their application in Philippines. I already inform the Cic about the change in adress of my husband through call online & tru sending a letter. But I guess tomorrow I need to update it again. Hoping that everything will be fine and next is my dependants Pasport submission or my letter for interview...I do hope so..God bless to everyone.
Wow congrats. Its that a passport request letter for your family! Im just wondering co'z my family did theire medical August 15..when did u submit your PR application?

PrincessKiusta

Nov 18, 2014
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just an update for October Applicant :D
Application filed: October 20, 2014
Application Received: October 23,2014
Open Work Permit Released Date: December 30, 2014
Received it today and is astoundingly valid for 4 years from date of issue!
Feeling great today! ;D ;D ;D

PrincessKiusta

Nov 18, 2014
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ck_0515 said:
hi guys.. i passed my application last sept for owp/pr and i am pregnant now should i report my situation to cic through lettee or phone call?
Would do you no harm if you tell them about your situation but as far as i know that doesn't have bearing till you give birth to you child.

rolene lj

Star Member
Sep 30, 2014
@jpauilianne
I already see ur timeline. It's looks like we have same track. I passed my application for open & pr last May5, 2014 & Cic recv it by May,9. Then I've got the confirmation by June 12. I've got my OWP last July 31 by mail, but it was dated & released by july 23. And on that same date, july 31, I've got an email from cic for 3 in 1 kit. I've got it all in that email. (A letter for my husband & daughter medical, checklist for my dependants & a letter for my eligibility for application for Pr).
I think your email from Cic is coming soon & probably its your families pasport request coz in my part, I need to update once again for my husband latest adress, then I do hope my dependants pasport request will be next. Thanks & best luck to all of us!

miglop2014

Star Member
Jul 28, 2014
jenrhea said:
hi thats a gud news!!feeling worried..hope mine is in yhe mailbox now.wat is ur province agen?
Alberta. And the letter comes directly from Vergeville, so maybe it'd have taken longer if I were in the east coast.

jenrhea

Star Member
Feb 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
october 5,2014
AOR Received.
October 29,2014
File Transfer...
Med's Request
owp received:january7,2015
helo guys!! i also redeived my open work permit in the mail yesterday..
timeline:cic received oct.7,2014
Sooo happy!!!hope pr na next!

ck_0515

Jan 4, 2015
PrincessKiusta said:
Just an update for October Applicant :D
Application filed: October 20, 2014
Application Received: October 23,2014
Open Work Permit Released Date: December 30, 2014
Received it today and is astoundingly valid for 4 years from date of issue!
Feeling great today! ;D ;D ;D

we have the same timeline but i dont have my owp yet..

PrincessKiusta

Nov 18, 2014
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ck_0515 said:
we have the same timeline but i dont have my owp yet..
I have a friend that passed her application a day earlier than I did and she hasn't received her yet either. Expect it soon tho. It is going to come! Goodluck!

Star Member
May 3, 2011
Hi guys,

I just got open work permit.
Application sent Oct 16, 2014
CIC received Oct 20, 2014
AOR Nov 8, 2014

Open work permit was issued on Jan 2, 2015 and it is valid until the expiry date of my passport which is the middle of 2018.