+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Let's share timeline, PGWP March applicant

ru554611

Dec 23, 2015
stefanxn said:
Hi Guys,

Here is my situation. Applied PGWP on Sep 9th, no updates till the beginning of Jan. 2016. Then I sent an email to CIC stating I had a job offer on hand and really needed to start working soon. And on Jan. 21st, I received an email from them saying my application has been approved.

Here is how they replied, "The application has been approved and is in queue to be printed. Please allow up to 6 weeks for your document to be delivered once it has been printed. "

OMG, up to 6 weeks. Anybody shared the situation with me? Haven't received my work permit till today (Jan. 28). Hopefully they are not just delaying the processing time :(
Up to 6 weeks?! :eek: :eek: :eek:
Got my WP yesterday. It takes only a week...

Applied online: October 5th
Blank updates: Jan 21st
Approval: January 21st
E-mail notification: January 22nd
Mail Delivery: January 27th

stefanxn

Jan 28, 2016
ru554611 said:
Up to 6 weeks?! :eek: :eek: :eek:
Got my WP yesterday. It takes only a week...

Applied online: October 5th
Blank updates: Jan 21st
Approval: January 21st
E-mail notification: January 22nd
Mail Delivery: January 27th
So sad and I literally have no idea what they are doing with my application. Still have nothing on my CIC nor my email.

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AbdulMajid said:
Hi,

scenerio: I have both my study permit and my pgwp valid until the same date. april 2016. when i applied for PGWP for the first time, i attached this study permit. but since my visa got expired in january 2015 along with my first study permit. and i used the second study permit to get current pgwp. some one told me that a new visa officer would be working on my profile hence i should put the last study permit as well along with PGWP.

any comments on that?

Thank you :) ;D ;D
Abdul Majid,

Form IMM5556E asks for a "photocopy of your current immigration document, if you have one." In your case, its your current PGWP that you want to extend.

Remember that you no longer have student status. Therefore, your SP isn't a requirement.

Good luck and cheers!

jahrule

Star Member
Dec 31, 2015
faisalfahmad said:
PGWP working on online applications received in March and Paper applications received in May. This is insane. They keep on going forward and backward. I was hoping that the time period will actually reduce as they moved into October.
This is so crazy they need to get there act together :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X

AABH

Sep 8, 2013
faisalfahmad said:
PGWP working on online applications received in March and Paper applications received in May. This is insane. They keep on going forward and backward. I was hoping that the time period will actually reduce as they moved into October.
10 months processing time !!! :eek: :-\

hdizzle

Star Member
Sep 8, 2015
I seriously think someone needs to file a lawsuit against the bastard that updates these processing times dates. How the hell can you get this wrong? They're are playing with people's lives!

jahrule

Star Member
Dec 31, 2015
faisalfahmad said:
Not 10 months, I think there might be some cases left from March but definitely five months wait time. You can do almost two semesters in five months :D
So they now they move 7 days but just add 1 day to the time it takes them to process applications, these guys though

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
creativenerd said:
Hi Jubear,
I am losing all hopes now. My MP is also not helping.
Whoever I talk with they say, you are out of luck :(
Creativenerd,

Its time for you to call in your lawyer and use his/her services. You must be sure that s/he fully understands your situation. In addition to that, you must fully understand what s/he is going to do to resolve your situation. In other words you both have to be on the same page before you pay your money. Avoid paying just because the lawyer said they can do something. You have to completely understand what the lawyer is going to do, why s/he is doing that and the expected outcomes. Paying $1200 should be done knowing what is fully going on. Don't allow yourself to be pressured to pay just because you are desperate.

Good luck and stay positive.

Cheers!

kennykay

Nov 23, 2015
jubear said:
Creativenerd,

Its time for you to call in your lawyer and use his/her services. You must be sure that s/he fully understands your situation. In addition to that, you must fully understand what s/he is going to do to resolve your situation. In other words you both have to be on the same page before you pay your money. Avoid paying just because the lawyer said they can do something. You have to completely understand what the lawyer is going to do, why s/he is doing that and the expected outcomes. Paying $1200 should be done knowing what is fully going on. Don't allow yourself to be pressured to pay just because you are desperate.

Good luck and stay positive.

Cheers!
Jubear and friends, Without sounding pessimistic and defeatist,is the assumption that CIC deliberately makes it impossible for students who make one mistake or the other, to RESTORE THEIR STATUS, not justifiable? How many restoration success stories have we come across in this forum? Is it not more humane for the CIC to give individuals who make mistakes, the chance to correct such mistakes before they bring their hammer down on students who have spent thousands of dollars to attend school in Canada? Is asking such people to "restore" with so much money, when the outcome has almost zero %of being successful a wicked act?

ujont

Jan 7, 2016
kennykay said:
Jubear and friends, Without sounding pessimistic and defeatist,is the assumption that CIC deliberately makes it impossible for students who make one mistake or the other, to RESTORE THEIR STATUS, not justifiable? How many restoration success stories have we come across in this forum? Is it not more humane for the CIC to give individuals who make mistakes, the chance to correct such mistakes before they bring their hammer down on students who have spent thousands of dollars to attend school in Canada? Is asking such people to "restore" with so much money, when the outcome has almost zero %of being successful a wicked act?
Kenny you make very valid points. Given the current processing time of 4-5months, I think its fair to say the PGWP is a one-shot deal and if you ever face a refusal, only sure thing is to restore to visitor status. We only pray for mercy and favor for our cases and for those who believe in God, may God help us we pray!