Toronto
Category........
PNP
App. Filed.......
08-08-2016
AOR Received.
24-11-2016
AABH said:
Can you tell me what was the additional document ?
Additional requested document was Confirmation of Studies Letter

I used Final Transcripts at the time of submitting the online PGWP

jahrule

Star Member
Dec 31, 2015
Is there anyone else in August or September that still has not gotten approval from CIC. Please share timeline for those months thanks

koooy

Nov 16, 2015
Diana Nguyen said:
hi Kooy,

After providing the additional document as requested by CIC, did you receive confirmation message as it is stated in My CIC account?

As I did not receive the confirmation message, so I have been very worried

My timeline as follows

Online PGWP submitted on :18 Sept, 2015
Request to submit additional document:8 Jan
Document provided: 12 Jan
Hi Diana:
No you do not. The only way to know is to go back to your cic account and as long as it shows status submitted on the latest documents then you are good.

Diana Nguyen

Jan 14, 2016
Toronto
Category........
PNP
App. Filed.......
08-08-2016
AOR Received.
24-11-2016
koooy said:
Hi Diana:
No you do not. The only way to know is to go back to your cic account and as long as it shows status submitted on the latest documents then you are good.
It said "Replacement Provided"
I called CIC call agent, they also said that they saw PROVIDED in the system

You did not receive the confirmation message in your My CIC account after providing the transcripts?

koooy

Nov 16, 2015
Diana Nguyen said:
It said "Replacement Provided"
I called CIC call agent, they also said that they saw PROVIDED in the system

You did not receive the confirmation message in your My CIC account after providing the transcripts?
No i didnt

shruti88

Dec 27, 2015
jahrule said:
Is there anyone else in August or September that still has not gotten approval from CIC. Please share timeline for those months thanks

Hey Jahrule

my pgwp timeline is as follows-

applied online- 16th sept 2015
monthly updates- 16th oct, 16th nov ,15th dec, 15th jan (saying that there has been no change in my application status)
blank update - 12th nov 2015

still awaiting approval..
even submitted a case specific enquiry on 15th Jan,2016 since so many people who applied much later have received their permit.. But i havnt heard from cic at all. they apparently take upto 30 business days to respond to case specific enquiries.
:-X

im just unable to understand why is it taking so long .. ??? to the point that im starting to believe that cic has forgotten to process my application! they just overlooked and moved ahead..!!
haha
such a hopeless situation ..waited for over 4months and still waiting..

travellerr

Dec 16, 2015
shruti88 said:
Have you tried calling the CIC call centre? They can send a gentle reminder to CIC agents to review your application. How much that can help is unknown, but it's worth giving it a shot. Another option is to contact a MP.

It's quite typical to wait for several months. Don't give up hope yet.

shruti88

Dec 27, 2015
travellerr said:
Have you tried calling the CIC call centre? They can send a gentle reminder to CIC agents to review your application. How much that can help is unknown, but it's worth giving it a shot. Another option is to contact a MP.

It's quite typical to wait for several months. Don't give up hope yet.
hey traveller!

thank you for your response ! :)

the problem is that im not in canada at the moment. i had to travel back to india due to a family emergency and my visa expired on 30th nov '15.
so im unable to call cic from here.
i plan to apply for a trv from india itself once i get my permit!

can you tell me more about contacting an mp?
also would you know if it is possible to add a representative to my application at this stage?

thank you!
:)

jahrule

Star Member
Dec 31, 2015
shruti88 said:
Hey Jahrule

my pgwp timeline is as follows-

monthly updates- 16th oct, 16th nov ,15th dec, 15th jan (saying that there has been no change in my application status)
blank update - 12th nov 2015

still awaiting approval..
even submitted a case specific enquiry on 15th Jan,2016 since so many people who applied much later have received their permit.. But i havnt heard from cic at all. they apparently take upto 30 business days to respond to case specific enquiries.
:-X

im just unable to understand why is it taking so long .. ??? to the point that im starting to believe that cic has forgotten to process my application! they just overlooked and moved ahead..!!
haha
such a hopeless situation ..waited for over 4months and still waiting..
I applied September 7th and each time I call CIC they say they have not reach that date on the website even though so many people on here received approval. 3 blank date so far and 3 emails to say no change to application

NDUFB11

Oct 22, 2015
yesterday I called CIC, they said that I was approved in December but they still didn't send the document.
I was thinking to go directly in Ottawa to pick up the document instead of waiting them to ship it

I applied online in May 2015

Fraya

Dec 15, 2015
Diana Nguyen said:
hi Kooy,

After providing the additional document as requested by CIC, did you receive confirmation message as it is stated in My CIC account?

As I did not receive the confirmation message, so I have been very worried

My timeline as follows

Online PGWP submitted on :18 Sept, 2015
Request to submit additional document:8 Jan
Document provided: 12 Jan
Hi, I also only submitted the final transcript to the CIC, however, when i called CIC, the agent told me that final transcript will be enough. Now, I am seeing that you are requested for additional document. That really makes me confusing ! As I applied by paper, I may not be able to submit additional document so conveniently like you. I am wondering what's wrong with it! Can you please tell me something about the content of your transcript ?Does your transcript indicates that you passed all courses? Or You actually didn't get your final mark, when you submitted it! Thanks a lot! Good luck for your PGWP.

creativenerd

May 17, 2015
Hi Jubear and other forum members,
I am writing you here my case regarding post graduate work permit.
I applied for my post graduate work permit on 21st of february 2015. Got an email to pay $100 for open work permit and I by mistake attached $155 fee receipt. My post graduate work permit got rejected due to not paying $100 fee on 14th of May. I called at CIC and they suggested me to re-apply for post graduate work permit along with restoration. I reapplied on 15th of May.
Today after waiting 8 months, i got a refusal again that is saying as my temporary resident status expired already and as I didn't apply for post graduate work permit within 90 days of completion of my education, I am not elegible to get Pgwp.
Here is my question now. When I initially applied for pgwp, my temporary resident status was valid for next 40 days, and i applied for it immediately after getting my transcripts from school. They rejected it at that time by saying as I didn't pay the fee $100 of open work permit. Then they suggested my to reapply and pay fee for not only open work permit $100, pgwp$150 but also $200 restoration fee, now why they are making this logic?

Please help me what step should i take now or should i leave Canada immediately?
Waiting to hear from you guys.

ujont

Jan 7, 2016
creativenerd said:
Hi Jubear and other forum members,
I am writing you here my case regarding post graduate work permit.
I applied for my post graduate work permit on 21st of february 2015. Got an email to pay $100 for open work permit and I by mistake attached $155 fee receipt. My post graduate work permit got rejected due to not paying $100 fee on 14th of May. I called at CIC and they suggested me to re-apply for post graduate work permit along with restoration. I reapplied on 15th of May.
Today after waiting 8 months, i got a refusal again that is saying as my temporary resident status expired already and as I didn't apply for post graduate work permit within 90 days of completion of my education, I am not elegible to get Pgwp.
Here is my question now. When I initially applied for pgwp, my temporary resident status was valid for next 40 days, and i applied for it immediately after getting my transcripts from school. They rejected it at that time by saying as I didn't pay the fee $100 of open work permit. Then they suggested my to reapply and pay fee for not only open work permit $100, pgwp$150 but also $200 restoration fee, now why they are making this logic?

Please help me what step should i take now or should i leave Canada immediately?
Waiting to hear from you guys.
am in exact same situation but haven't received decision yet but have been thinking ahead just incase. So far the only option is either leave Canada or appeal to federal court as far as I know. Take heart!

chelseafc99

Star Member
Nov 9, 2015
Fraya said:
Hi, I also only submitted the final transcript to the CIC, however, when i called CIC, the agent told me that final transcript will be enough. Now, I am seeing that you are requested for additional document. That really makes me confusing ! As I applied by paper, I may not be able to submit additional document so conveniently like you. I am wondering what's wrong with it! Can you please tell me something about the content of your transcript ?Does your transcript indicates that you passed all courses? Or You actually didn't get your final mark, when you submitted it! Thanks a lot! Good luck for your PGWP.
Ye i also submitted my final transcript: It had all my grades, semesters enrolled, and that my degree was conferred. If they ask for another document it will take them another 10-15 days to approve.