+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Let share Preparations/Timelines for 2015 Live In Caregiver PR/OWP Applications

marvz21

Jan 20, 2015
hi guys, need your advice
I'm under the old live in caregiver program but I'm planning to apply for permanent residence under the new pathways - Im almost complete with the documents needed which includes ielts and ECA report.
but I found out that I can't apply for open work permit at the same time unlike the old caregiver program. I'm single, and my work permit expiry is April 2018 therefore I can't use the bridging open work permit. now I read from other post that if you are single, your application is processed faster in the old live in caregiver program.
any advice guys

wangmin

Star Member
Sep 22, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone
I'm waiting for my medical request ,
June 5 sent my file to Cic
June 9 they receive
July 7 they email me they receive my documents
August 16 they email me approved and need to medical check and background check
Sept 1 open work permit
Now still waiting for the medical request

marvz21

Jan 20, 2015
wangmin said:
Hi everyone
June 9 they receive
Sept 1 open work permit
Hi,
did you apply under the old live in caregiver program or under the new pathways? you applied as single or you have dependents included in your application?

marvz21

Jan 20, 2015
fol said:
Yes they said that if you applied her work permit after Nov 2014 they cant be permanent resident anymore. But I'm not sure of the reason why they did that. Some says live-in is they remove or optional because some employers were abusive. Some says incoming caregivers will be automatically permanent residents when they arrived but they need to passed lots of exam esp the IELTS.
Hi,
the new live in caregiver program (2 pathways) does not give you the RIGHT to apply for PR after 24months, unlike the old caregiver program. the 2 newly added major requirements in the new pathways are IELTS and EDUCATIONAL CREDENTIALS ASSESSMENT (you have to be a college graduate to meet that).

Seiramae

Nov 4, 2015
I heard a lot of live in caregiver that pass their application this year got their PR after 8 months even if they are married. I passed my application last july 2015, my husband had his medical last april 2016 but until now no e mail receive from them, i thought that after your dependent had medical the processing of my application will not take that long. Its been almost 6 months now after his medical.Any news for july 2015 applicant, married.

Thanks and God bless to us....

jnex

Sep 13, 2008
brit14344 said:
hi I'm opening this new topic for the LIC who will apply for PR and open work permit this coming new year 2015. though there is still 1month left, just want to know also your preparations. after the changes on the program, is there anyone who will apply for the new pathways even if they are under LICP? is applying for option 2, 3900 hrs for 22 months still a best option.. please share guys.. thanks

jnex

Sep 13, 2008
Hello guys i just arrived almost 2 mos.and i had this work permit under caregver (closed permit). If ever im gonna take a Psw course now are they going to recognize this cert.for applying a pr in the future?
Well appreciated ur advice.thnks

wangmin

Star Member
Sep 22, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
marvz21 said:
Hi,
did you apply under the old live in caregiver program or under the new pathways? you applied as single or you have dependents included in your application?
I applied the old live-in caregiver, and I'm married with no child. My husband doesn't get the medical request yet. STILL waiting.

lalita1

Star Member
Jan 4, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jnex said:
Hello guys i just arrived almost 2 mos.and i had this work permit under caregver (closed permit). If ever im gonna take a Psw course now are they going to recognize this cert.for applying a pr in the future?
Well appreciated ur advice.thnks
Yes they will. While you have the closed work permit you only can study for up to 6 months (ridiculous) so you have to take courses that are that long or less.

Mil25

Sep 4, 2016
wangmin said:
Hi everyone
June 9 they receive
Sept 1 open work permit
What option did u use?

whyv15

Star Member
Jun 21, 2014
Hi everyone,

Could anyone can i answer my question please im trying to extend my OWP since i never had any news about my interview my son already finished his medical, when i checked immigration it says there medical received but until now no update. But my OWP expires on Jan 2017 so i need to extend now how to do it? Since i have another job already and im not live in caregiver anymore so what should i put to my forms? Please share it to me to those who had experience like this please and tahnk you.

irish98

Jan 9, 2016
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 26 2016 Returned April 30 2016 Resent May 2016
Doc's Request.
July 29 2016
AOR Received.
May 09 2016
Med's Request
July 29 2016
Med's Done....
Aug 12 2016
Interview........
Soon
Passport Req..
Soon
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Soon
Hello everyone! Is it true that the new pathway has a way faster processing time than old pathway? My mom told me she applied under old pathway but it seems that this time old pathway is also fast.
We applied february this year, but got mailed back, then she resend it May first week and got her owp july then received medical request end of July, done medical august., now we're waiting for update.
Any news from 2016 applicants like us? Glad to hear a thing from you! :)
God bless us everytime! :)

marvz21

Jan 20, 2015
irish98 said:
Hello everyone! Is it true that the new pathway has a way faster processing time than old pathway? My mom told me she applied under old pathway but it seems that this time old pathway is also fast.
We applied february this year, but got mailed back, then she resend it May first week and got her owp july then received medical request end of July, done medical august., now we're waiting for update.
Any news from 2016 applicants like us? Glad to hear a thing from you! :)
God bless us everytime! :)
I read same comments that the old program is also fast now, maybe because the last batch of caregivers under the old program are the only ones left to use the program. those who came starting Nov 2014 I think can only apply through the new pathways.
I am also from the old program, but we have the option to apply under the new pathways. but I will choose the old way since I can apply for an open work permit at the same time. I can't do it in the new pathways.