+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Less than 30 hours per week and implied status

Apr 26, 2022
Good evening everyone,

I would like to apply for the express entry trough canadian experience class, but I worked less hours than 30 per week in some weeks. The problem is that my work permit expires 1st october and I should apply for the implied status. The question is: Do the worked hours calculate during the implied status?

Thank you in advance

alice17

Star Member
May 12, 2018
Victoria
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-04-2018
Good evening everyone,

I would like to apply for the express entry trough canadian experience class, but I worked less hours than 30 per week in some weeks. The problem is that my work permit expires 1st october and I should apply for the implied status. The question is: Do the worked hours calculate during the implied status?

Thank you in advance
Hi!
Hmm! This is going to be a tough onre. To be eligible under the CEC one has to have worked 30h/w for one year in a NOC 0, A, or B job. How many hours would you say you did on average? Draws resume again in July. Once you submit your application, you could apply for a bridging open work permit while you wait.

Apr 26, 2022
Thanks for answering alice. I'll have more than 1.560 hours in total but some weeks I'll have less than 30 hours, so that they count as a part time weeks. I think I need to work more weeks but the proble is my work permit ends in 1st october.

alice17

Star Member
May 12, 2018
Victoria
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-04-2018
Thanks for answering alice. I'll have more than 1.560 hours in total but some weeks I'll have less than 30 hours, so that they count as a part time weeks. I think I need to work more weeks but the proble is my work permit ends in 1st october.
Hi Marina,

That's a valid concern for sure! Would you say you worked 30hrs a week for at least 10months? It might not even be too much of an issue in the end. CEC draws resume this July so hopefully you get an invitation before October.