+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

less than 1 year GAP and i am confused what to do!!!! please help

RONAK SINGH

Mar 14, 2017
I completed my btech in may2016
appeared in IELTS exam in September 2016
I had applied in Niagara college for May session
In between this time I was working with a company which has no link with my btech subjects and with the course that I have selected in Canada
I am mechanical engg. and was working with a technical support (microsoft) company and my course in Canada is International business management.

now the question is do I have to justify the study gap or not?
can I show the employment papers of the company but its not related to my course , will there be any problem
or can I just leave it
PLease reply!!!!! its urgent already did the GIC and fee submission

mkcan

Feb 19, 2017
You can leave it. As you are applying for Student Visa, I don't think they will get in to much of history but to be on the safer side, you can say you did Freelance work for some months or were 'on a break' and preparing for Visa formalities...

mkcan

Feb 19, 2017
anyway, my response is based on my personal experience only. Do wait for others to share their opinions as well :)

tajindertj

Jul 18, 2016
AOR Received.
22-03-2020
Hey buddy. upto 1 year gap is safe. U can just say u were preparing for IELTS and admission process(visa prep). your work exp, if it is not related to your previous study or your future course, can be left out. If your indian study and canadian course is not related at all but your work exp is acting asa link between both then you should show it.

mkcan

Feb 19, 2017
Yeah, but he can't show preparing for IELTS coz he gave them in Sep 16. He can mention the other things though, as written above. Better to not show the work exp if it's not related to his study.

RONAK SINGH

Mar 14, 2017
yeah at first I thought of mentioning IELTS prep but again it was in SEP 16..
I guess I am only left with this option 'visa prep'..

if I mention that I was working as a no pay intern in a company(I can manage to generate a legit service letter for internship)
will it work ?

mkcan

Feb 19, 2017
Yes, that should work. The Visa Officer can also call and check so inform your illegit reporting manager/HR.

Bettyboop29

Sep 4, 2018
I completed my btech in may2016
appeared in IELTS exam in September 2016
I had applied in Niagara college for May session
In between this time I was working with a company which has no link with my btech subjects and with the course that I have selected in Canada
I am mechanical engg. and was working with a technical support (microsoft) company and my course in Canada is International business management.

now the question is do I have to justify the study gap or not?
can I show the employment papers of the company but its not related to my course , will there be any problem
or can I just leave it
PLease reply!!!!! its urgent already did the GIC and fee submission
Did you get your visa ?