+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Leaving blank spaces

hardtofind

Jan 30, 2009
Ok for SCHEDULE 1, they ask provide details about

Membership or association with organizations
Goverment positions
Military Service

I was/am not part of any of the above mentioned groups and so left it blank on the forms.My application was returned and the above mentioned were highlighted.My question is:

What do I do about it? Do I attach an extra page explaining I have not been part of any of these groups?

Hope this makes sense!
Thanks!

habib890

Mar 30, 2008
hardtofind said:
Ok for SCHEDULE 1, they ask provide details about

Membership or association with organizations
Goverment positions
Military Service

I was/am not part of any of the above mentioned groups and so left it blank on the forms.My application was returned and the above mentioned were highlighted.My question is:

What do I do about it? Do I attach an extra page explaining I have not been part of any of these groups?

Hope this makes sense!
Thanks!
- Simply write Not Applicable or N/A. They do not want any blank space in the application. Same case here. They returned my application with their letter. Then I filled out those blank boxes with N/A and everything was fine.
Keep a copy of the letter they sent. Correct the application with N/A and send the application apckage along with their letter. This will help them to identify your application.
No worries good luck.

dsenese

Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-01-2009
AOR Received.
11-02-2009
File Transfer...
03-06-2009
Med's Request
04-03-2010
Med's Done....
20-03-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
29-04-2010
VISA ISSUED...
25-05-2010
LANDED..........
29-05-2010
makes sense

The instructions for filing [IMM EG7000] http://www.cic.gc.ca/English/information/applications/skilled.asp state to use "Not applicable" or "N/A" for most blanks. For the military service question, the form says to write "NONE" in the box - note there are two of them.

Hope this helps.

I went through my forms three times and had a friend do it too - hopefully we caught all these. I'm resisting doing it again.

Reactions: DMM9

hardtofind

Jan 30, 2009
yes it was at the sydney stage...
thanks to the rest for replying :)

I am still trying to figure out how to send CAD from US to them.. any suggestion!

Thanks again!

dsenese

Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-01-2009
AOR Received.
11-02-2009
File Transfer...
03-06-2009
Med's Request
04-03-2010
Med's Done....
20-03-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
29-04-2010
VISA ISSUED...
25-05-2010
LANDED..........
29-05-2010
i used Wells Fargo - just went to the teller window. I have an account there, not sure if I could have just brought the payment in US to the bank. they did charge me $15

target2009match

Star Member
Dec 18, 2008
but they mention not wrire qbbreviation in questiion 12 and 13 as u are mentioning ,as i have written as they mention in ther guide like I HAVE NEVER BEEN .... ,BUT in question no 14 i have written N/A ONLY because they mention ,i have not fiiled every bbloch if i mention it as above ,it is fine or it may would be return ,kindly reply plzz ,also with envelopes eloborate what is it done by post office after written my address in native as well as in english kindly reply plzz

target2009match

Star Member
Dec 18, 2008
Hmmm thanks RUPESH yes ,i filled my form myself with guidance of this forums and their members ,and read the whole and write whole as mention ,in from as i m mentioning i am still working so i feel i have wriiten here ,still working and in address still yet may be it is fine may be it is not ,GOD knows better takecare

target2009match

Star Member
Dec 18, 2008
I think in occupation liost if i ahve written date and there is space below so here i can mention still i m working ius better ,and inm address i can write date month year and below i will write sill living here ,i am asking lastly for my application GOD WILLING tomorrow i will submit ,now i would like to say millions time thanks to RUPESH once again to make better contribution in my application ,and everyone here ,thanks

pencilcut

Jan 18, 2009
rupeshhari said:
question 12 and 13 do mention not to use abbreviation.

Question 14 does ask to write None if you have not undertaken military service.

they might use the address labels when they mail you the application. They didn't use mine but mine were all in English.
Hi Rupesshari,

Would it make a difference if I wrote "N/A" in those sections where it was specifically stated to write "None"? I might have been confused in filling out the blanks that I wrote "N/A" in all sections where it has no application to me.

I hope it does make no difference.

Thanks