+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Leave your job to go to Canada

TMSB

Oct 21, 2009
Hi all,

As the Canada permanent residence decision takes years to be finalised, and throughout those years you might find a good job in the country you currently live in, my question is what's the percentage that you'll leave your good paid job and go to Canada? Are you gonna risk it by going to Canada to live confortably and start looking for a job? Or you will try to collect 2years over 5yrars to keep your permanent residency status while you stay in your good paid job?

It's really a difficult desicion.

Regards

fromdubai

Aug 1, 2010
TMSB said:
Hi all,

As the Canada permanent residence decision takes years to be finalised, and throughout those years you might find a good job in the country you currently live in, my question is what's the percentage that you'll leave your good paid job and go to Canada? Are you gonna risk it by going to Canada to live confortably and start looking for a job? Or you will try to collect 2years over 5yrars to keep your permanent residency status while you stay in your good paid job?

Regards

Its personal decision that depends on each individual’s thinking. Let’s assume you are vice president operations of a bank in your country, have all luxuries of your hard earned career success, in two years down the line you have potential to be the group president, you have your family and friends in your home country (your wife is manager at MNC and your kids are doing attending university) and then one fine morning you get PR (for which you waited long 6 years) , how can you start from scratch your career in new country, leave your friends, leave your parents and yet call it new home ….
My opinion : a bird in hand is better than 2 in the bush ;)

SFD

Feb 8, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TMSB said:
Hi all,

Regards
TMSB

What works for me, may not work for you... As easy as that. Don't follow nobody's dream or project. Coming to Canada is indeed a personal decision that combines so many elements. (Education for children, Job opportunities, Social security issues, Personal issues, Starting your own business, family ties, Freedom, Necesity to build a new financial and credit life, and so on.)

There is life in many countries so when coming to Canada you just think about the quality and quantity of life. As simple as that. Just weight the pros and cons...

SFD

fromdubai

Aug 1, 2010
SFD said:
Fromdubai,

What works for me, may not work for you... As easy as that. Don't follow nobody's dream or project. Coming to Canada is indeed a personal decision that combines so many elements. (Education for children, Job opportunities, Social security issues, Personal issues, Starting your own business, family ties, Freedom, Necesity to build a new financial and credit life, and so on.)

There is life in many countries so when coming to Canada you just think about the quality and quantity of life. As simple as that. Just weight the pros and cons...

SFD
Exactly ;)

TMSB

Oct 21, 2009
Fromdubai,

I think the scenario you stated above is optimal. No one will be in this situation and aims to immigrate to Canada. But i was meant that you've got a job that is well paid to cover all your needs and perhaps sometimes you can save.

I'm pretty certain that all of us have a job or doing sometnig while waiting for the desicion and that's why I wanted to discuss it. BTW, I'm living abroad and my family (dad,mom) live in another country.

Regards

SFD

Feb 8, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TMSB,

I had an scenario that from people view, it will not make sense coming to Canada:

Able to travel a lot
Well paid
Able to work from home whenever
Able to save and go to Resorts 3-5 times a year
Worked with government and embassies

However, I saw better opportunities for me and my family on the long run... Besides, I have lived in four countries in my whole life. I am used to have changes...

I agree with you that is a very difficult decision to make... I live for hard decisions... My children love Canada already... 8)

SFD

sunshy

Star Member
Mar 15, 2010
well you can also look into another option and that is keep your current job while trying to look for one in Canada by visiting. Its not going to be easy to manage that but if possible I think this the safest way. You dont have to be in a hurry anyway. You have spent so much time waiting and have a job. Why not wait additional 6 months to a year and try your best to find a job and then move.