+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Lawsuit to stop BILL C24 : Member Crimesinister

peterperez

Star Member
Mar 18, 2015
crimesinister said:
Update: The letter to the Privy Council has been sent respectfully requesting them to refrain from consenting to or delivering to the Governor General the regulations recently announced.
Crime sinister what's the update

ngag

Mar 9, 2012
https://www.change.org/p/hon-chris-alexander-pc-mp-canadian-government-stop-bill-c-24-don-t-turn-millions-of-us-into-second-class-canadian-citizens

http://bccivillibertiesassociation.cmail1.com/t/ViewEmail/j/14F45D31FF0B8EB1/837256B7D7209CD32438807772DD75D1

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
IMHO, this image says it all. Time will tell...

peterperez

Star Member
Mar 18, 2015
crimesinister said:
Update: The letter to the Privy Council has been sent respectfully requesting them to refrain from consenting to or delivering to the Governor General the regulations recently announced.

Crime sinister what's the update ?

crimesinister

Star Member
Jun 6, 2015
peterperez said:
Crime sinister what's the update ?
I have yet to receive a response from the clerk of the Privy Council. Nor is there an official publication about the new regulations either in the Gazette or in the Orders in Council Database. Legally, they have 23 days (or more in special cases) to publish them in the Gazette, and they don't seem to be in a hurry to do so. I can't move forward until a) they respond to me denying my request or b) publish the new regulations disregarding my request.

crimesinister

Star Member
Jun 6, 2015
Update
The lawyers are currently examining the orders in council that were published yesterday. Please private message me if you are interested in joining this lawsuit.

Jun 18, 2015
crimesinister said:
Update
The lawyers are currently examining the orders in council that were published yesterday. Please private message me if you are interested in joining this lawsuit.
Crimesinister mate any update on lawsuit

Apr 11, 2011
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This discussion on the lawsuit to stop Bill C24 ready make me smile. It made me asked why would this people have the gall to question a law that would protect Canadians. These people who are not yet citizens of this great dominion has to asked for stopping a law that would stripped any dual citizens, if convicted of henious crimes, of their canadian citizenship. This is a bunch of horsesh*t.

troll2

Star Member
Jun 9, 2015
crimesinister said:
I hope you sent your request letter with Register Mail and ask for tracking numbers.

alainski

Star Member
Jul 25, 2011
Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-10-2010
Doc's Request.
20-10-2011
Nomination.....
08-04-2010
AOR Received.
09-04-2011
File Transfer...
08-09-2011 - Detroit
Med's Request
08-04-2011
Med's Done....
18-05-2011
Passport Req..
08-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
17-11-2011
LANDED..........
26-11-2011 - Emerson, MB
unitedbritishphilippines said:
This discussion on the lawsuit to stop Bill C24 ready make me smile. It made me asked why would this people have the gall to question a law that would protect Canadians. These people who are not yet citizens of this great dominion has to asked for stopping a law that would stripped any dual citizens, if convicted of henious crimes, of their canadian citizenship. This is a bunch of horsesh*t.
Totally agree.

crimesinister

Star Member
Jun 6, 2015
unitedbritishphilippines said:
I said it once, and I'll say it again, the duty of every citizen and potential citizen is to hold the government accountable. When the party in power tries to use their majority in the House of Commons to ram through potentially unconstitutionally legislation down Parliament's throat, it behooves us all to act to protect our inalienable rights.

neutral

Mar 19, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
crimesinister said:
I said it once, and I'll say it again, the duty of every citizen and potential citizen is to hold the government accountable. When the party in power tries to use their majority in the House of Commons to ram through potentially unconstitutionally legislation down Parliament's throat, it behooves us all to act to protect our inalienable rights.
And according to you it's unconstitutional to kick out criminals who have dual citizenship....

troll2

Star Member
Jun 9, 2015
crimesinister said:
crimeguy,
Citizenship can be taken away on the basis of crimes like terrorism, espionage or treason. Witch part is that you dislike so much ?

crimesinister

Star Member
Jun 6, 2015
neutral said:
And according to you it's unconstitutional to kick out criminals who have dual citizenship....
Not according to me, but according to Constitution Act of 1867 s.91, the Parliament has no business passing laws on the citizenship of natural born Canadians, whether they have dual citizenship or not. "Naturalization and Aliens", yes, but not natural born Canadians. I know Justice Rennie has ruled otherwise, but let's see what the upper courts have to say about this.

crimesinister

Star Member
Jun 6, 2015
troll2 said:
crimeguy,
Citizenship can be taken away on the basis of crimes like terrorism, espionage or treason. Witch part is that you dislike so much ?
Citizenship can be taken away on the basis of crimes like terrorism, espionage or treason, if they are found guilty of those in any country, no matter how unjust the justice system in that country is. So, say for example, North Korea or Cuba were to try and find you guilty of espionage -- and they have done so against many innocent foreigners -- you could lose your Canadian citizenship.