+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Language Proof

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I would send your masters docs only, no need for both.

MOONLIGHT64

Sep 20, 2014
thecoolguysam said:
What I am planning to do is to send the following photocopies:

1. Bachelors' degree
a) Degree
b) Marksheets for all semesters
c) Language of instruction letter

2. Master's degree
a) Degree
b) Marksheets for all semesters
c) Language of instuction letter.

Do you still want me to consider sending my master degree's sealed transcript as I am already sending copy of my marksheets?
Did you read the instructions for the proof of English? photocopy of high school transcripts is enough with the statement "courses were instructed in English".
Take it easy ... sometimes they request original and sealed transcripts if they suspect that your degree is either false of online .
Good luck

djsunman

Star Member
Jan 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
guys if u gave ielts before becoming a landed immigrant, please attach a photo copy of IELTS results along with your degree

Tayara

Feb 1, 2013
djsunman said:
guys if u gave ielts before becoming a landed immigrant, please attach a photo copy of IELTS results along with your degree
Why should we provide a copy of the degree, the copy of IELTS results is not enough as a language proof?

pie_vancouver

Jun 12, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
djsunman said:
Photocopy of expired IELTS is enough.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
I have read in this forum that people have sent their diplomas along with their transcripts and thier application was returned because they were told that it is not sufficient language proof.

Does CIC look specifically that what course a person has done or they just want that whatever course has been done should be done in english/french medium?

Please advise.

djsunman

Star Member
Jan 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pie_vancouver said:
Photocopy of expired IELTS is enough.
Guys, If you have your degree in English, it is always advisable to attach it with IELTS.

aed

Oct 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thecoolguysam said:
Do you still want me to consider sending my master degree's sealed transcript as I am already sending copy of my marksheets?
The question is how did you obtain your marksheets? Are those printouts off the internet (nowadays, one just logs in to the student portal and poof)? If yes, then you're better off submitting your transcripts. A copy of the diploma itself should be a sufficient proof, IMHO. Again, if the original document states clearly that the program was in English. If not, then it's a good idea indeed to submit a letter from your academic institution (on the paper with the institution letterhead and seal if possible). We are talking about the form and quality of the documents here, not quantity.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
aed said:
The question is how did you obtain your marksheets? Are those printouts off the internet (nowadays, one just logs in to the student portal and poof)? If yes, then you're better off submitting your transcripts. A copy of the diploma itself should be a sufficient proof, IMHO. Again, if the original document states clearly that the program was in English. If not, then it's a good idea indeed to submit a letter from your academic institution (on the paper with the institution letterhead and seal if possible). We are talking about the form and quality of the documents here, not quantity.
My marksheets and the degree are original and I have got the letter from my institute that the medium was english. They are not internet printed. I will be making photocopies of them to send and will keep original during my interview.

aed

Oct 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thecoolguysam said:
My marksheets and the degree are original and I have got the letter from my institute that the medium was english. They are not internet printed. I will be making photocopies of them and will keep original during my interview.
Then, it should suffice. Good luck, Sam. :)

indi09

Sep 18, 2014
Hi! I got my Citizenship application back saying my language proof was not accepted.
I am attending a University in Canada and sent my administrative transcripts. I called CIC and they told me that the degree should be completed for the transcripts to work as a language proof.
I did my grade 12 from India ISC and was wondering if my mark sheet or pass certificate will work as a language proof. These both documents are in English but it doesn't say that the medium of instruction was English. What document should I be sending as my language proof?
Any help is highly appreciated. Thanks!

vias

Star Member
Aug 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All... Just thought of sharing my experience

Last year I have submitted my Indian Bachelor Degree & Master degree certificate. so far no problem. My degree certificate says Medium English.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
indi09 said:
Hi! I got my Citizenship application back saying my language proof was not accepted.
I am attending a University in Canada and sent my administrative transcripts. I called CIC and they told me that the degree should be completed for the transcripts to work as a language proof.
I did my grade 12 from India ISC and was wondering if my mark sheet or pass certificate will work as a language proof. These both documents are in English but it doesn't say that the medium of instruction was English. What document should I be sending as my language proof?
Any help is highly appreciated. Thanks!
Secondary education is 9th to 12th grade, i suppose. If you can get marksheets from 9th till 12th and letter from your school that the medium of instruction was in english, then it might work.