+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Language Proof

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Hello Everyone,

This is what I have for my paperwork regarding language proof. ( Its not eduction proof as I did not study in Canada for last 4 years)

I have my bachelor's degree in printed in english with all semesters marksheets also in english.

I have my master's degree in printed in english with all semesters marksheets also in english.

I have got a letter from my institute where I have done my bachelors stating that the medium of instruction was in english.

I have got two letters from my university from where I have done my master's. One letter states that the medium of instruction was in english. The second letter is the transcript.

Do I need to send the transcript? I thought that I can send copy of my bachelors degree and master's degree along with their marksheets and Language of instruction letter.

In what circumstances are transcripts required to send?

Please suggest what should I send?

Also, I am confused between these two statements: What is the difference between these two:

1. A diploma or transcripts from a secondary or post-secondary school indicating the successful completion of a program, in French or English, either in Canada or abroad. or

2. A diploma or certificate from a secondary or post-secondary school indicating successful graduation from a program conducted in French or English, either in Canada or abroad.

PUZZLED

Mar 14, 2011
thecoolguysam said:
Hello Everyone,

This is what I have for my paperwork regarding language proof. ( Its not eduction proof as I did not study in Canada for last 4 years)

I have my bachelor's degree in printed in english with all semesters marksheets also in english.

I have my master's degree in printed in english with all semesters marksheets also in english.

I have got a letter from my institute where I have done my bachelors stating that the medium of instruction was in english.

I have got two letters from my university from where I have done my master's. One letter states that the medium of instruction was in english. The second letter is the transcript.

Do I need to send the transcript? I thought that I can send copy of my bachelors degree and master's degree along with their marksheets and Language of instruction letter.

In what circumstances are transcripts required to send?

Please suggest what should I send?
I

Also, I am confused between these two statements: What is the difference between these two:

1. A diploma or transcripts from a secondary or post-secondary school indicating the successful completion of a program, in French or English, either in Canada or abroad. or

2. A diploma or certificate from a secondary or post-secondary school indicating successful graduation from a program conducted in French or English, either in Canada or abroad.
Hi! I just submitted mine last friday oct 17. Theres no difference between these two successful completion and successful graduation for me are the same thing. I submitted my DIPLOMA from abroad and also attached my transcripts of record although you can only submit one of those diploma or transcripts, but the more proof you give the better , than lacking of documents because once its incomplete they will return it to us or get an RQ. I even submitted IELTS and Diploma for language proof.

Hope this can help you.

jujuberanch

Mar 26, 2013
The principle of "the more the better", perhaps, is not applicable in this matter in my opinion. I only submitted my diploma as the language proof, and my application has been successfully accepted and processed.

PUZZLED said:
Hi! I just submitted mine last friday oct 17. Theres no difference between these two successful completion and successful graduation for me are the same thing. I submitted my DIPLOMA from abroad and also attached my transcripts of record although you can only submit one of those diploma or transcripts, but the more proof you give the better , than lacking of documents because once its incomplete they will return it to us or get an RQ. I even submitted IELTS and Diploma for language proof.

Hope this can help you.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
I have been told to submit the transcripts in original in sealed envelope sent by university. Does it really matter? Can I make photocopy of transcripts or send originals even though website says send photocopies

I have done bachelors and masters both in computer science and i have letter from both universities stating that the degrees were completed in english medium

PUZZLED

Mar 14, 2011
jujuberanch said:
The principle of "the more the better", perhaps, is not applicable in this matter in my opinion. I only submitted my diploma as the language proof, and my application has been successfully accepted and processed.
But in the application form page 4 Language evidence it says there that check the box which forms you submitted. In my case I check it all that apply to me.. So either one proof or more is acceptable as long as you have all those documents... :)

PUZZLED

Mar 14, 2011
thecoolguysam said:
I have been told to submit the transcripts in original in sealed envelope sent by university. Does it really matter? Can I make photocopy of transcripts or send originals even though website says send photocopies

I have done bachelors and masters both in computer science and i have letter from both universities stating that the degrees were completed in english medium
I submitted only PHOTOCOPIES it was not instructed to submit the originals or sealed envelope...

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
PUZZLED said:
I submitted only PHOTOCOPIES it was not instructed to submit the originals or sealed envelope...
transcripts are similar to marksheets of every semester so shall I also send copies of marksheets and transcripts and degree certificate?

jujuberanch

Mar 26, 2013
Told by whom?

thecoolguysam said:

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
jujuberanch said:
Told by whom?
i was told by one of the members of the forum. He said that its a standard practice in north america that the institute/university sends transcript in sealed envelope with university's seal and is then sent to the requesting authority in sealed manner to ensure authenticity of the package.

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
What I did was order 2 sets of transcripts from my university in Canada. Both came in sealed envelopes with a stamp saying "invalid if seal is broken". I opened one envelope just to ensure everything was correct, then sent the other envelope(unopened) with my application. It was not a problem.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
SenoritaBella said:
What I did was order 2 sets of transcripts from my university in Canada. Both came in sealed envelopes with a stamp saying "invalid if seal is broken". I opened one envelope just to ensure everything was correct, then sent the other envelope(unopened) with my application. It was not a problem.
What I am planning to do is to send the following photocopies:

1. Bachelors' degree
a) Degree
b) Marksheets for all semesters
c) Language of instruction letter

2. Master's degree
a) Degree
c) Language of instuction letter.

Do you still want me to consider sending my master degree's sealed transcript as I am already sending copy of my marksheets?

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
Wow! That's a lot of good proof. I don't believe a transcript is necessary if you are already sending the documents listed below. That said, the final decision is yours. :D Goodluck with your application.

thecoolguysam said:
What I am planning to do is to send the following photocopies:

1. Bachelors' degree
a) Degree
c) Language of instruction letter

2. Master's degree
a) Degree
c) Language of instuction letter.

Do you still want me to consider sending my master degree's sealed transcript as I am already sending copy of my marksheets?

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
SenoritaBella said:
Wow! That's a lot of good proof. I don't believe a transcript is necessary if you are already sending the documents listed below. That said, the final decision is yours. :D Goodluck with your application.
Many thanks, SenoritaBella