+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

landing interview questions

checkerscom2000

Apr 18, 2012
Can someone tell me what kind of questions I should expect for a landing interview. My wife is landing next week and I was just wondering what to expect and how long does it take?? Also what specific things should she bring to the interview?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Rusty53

Jul 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2012
AOR Received.
13-11-2012
Med's Done....
20-07-2012
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
This was posted by Frenchie53 on the Inland 2012 thread a few days ago. You may want to contact them.

Hi there !

First comment as a Permanent Resident of Canada =) =) I'm so happy now !

Here's how it went:
my appointment was at 2pm. I got there at 1.15 (yes I know, it's very early, I just wanted to make sure I wouldn't be late =))
When I arrived, there was a huge line up (probably 50 people), but it turned out that these people were there for the citizenship ceremony. The agent took my letter and told me "you're too early, please comme back at 1.45".
I came back at 1.45 and she opened the doors for me. There were only 2 other couples and one lady on her own.
I was asked to go to the counter to pay. I had already paid 2.5 months ago but somehow it wasn't in their system. So I decided to pay again and I will claim my money back. I'd rather wait for money than for my PR =)
I then had to sit for a little bit and they started calling people. I was asked to go to a counter where a lady asked me to give her my passport and my husband's ID. We gave both our passport's and she realized that I was French and my husband was born in Romania. She was originally from Romania and spoke both French and Romanian, so we actually didn't even have the landing interview in English. She asked me questions in French and she asked my husband questions in Romanian. We both speak English but it was lovely =) =) She asked us both if we have committed any crime, been deported and if we have children outside Canada. We answered "no" to everything. We then had to sit and wait for a little bit again (probably 5 min). We were then called again. The woman asked me to give my picture. She took only one, she said she doesn't need 2 (not sure why they ask for 2 then). She then asked me to confirm the information that is on the COPR. She said that all that matters is that my names, date of birth and address are right. My husband's address (sponsor's address) was wrong. We had updated it online but they didn't change it. She said that it doesn't matter, all that matters is my address.
She made me sign the document (my copy + her document), she stamped my passport and the COPR and signed them and then congratulated me on becoming a permanent resident. She then explained my obligations as a PR and explained what I have to do to apply for citizenship.
It took 25 min in total and it was great =)

After that, I went to Service Canada, where I was able to get my permanent SIN.
If you are from a visa exempt country, you *CAN* get your permanent SIN the same day. The people at CIC do not always know this.

SO now I am a permanent resident and my SIN starts with a 6 =) =)
I'm super happy !!!

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
We did an outland landing a few weeks ago at Rainbow bridge, Niagara Falls.

Whole thing was around 5 minutes long, and done while standing at the immigration counter. No actual "interview" questions, just a confirmation of the address they will send PR card to, a congratulations given, and that's it!

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
Rob_TO said:
We did an outland landing a few weeks ago at Rainbow bridge, Niagara Falls.

Whole thing was around 5 minutes long, and done while standing at the immigration counter. No actual "interview" questions, just a confirmation of the address they will send PR card to, a congratulations given, and that's it!
Same here - they will confirm with her which address she would want to have the PR card sent to, and explain 2 or 3 things about how to maintain the permanent residency, and sometimes give documents on how to obtain a SIN etc, but it's not really an "interview" as much as checking that the paperwork is in order.
Cheers,
Sweden

lukektm

Nov 13, 2012
Dear Friends,

Hello. I am Mr. Luke from India. unfortunately i am not getting direct ticket to toronto.
i just want to know how to enter canada from new york.i have a us visit visa now. which is the cheapest way of getting it. how to complete the immigration formalities there . i will have to come back to india in 1 day. and i will go back to canada after 1 year. my visa will expire in december 2012.

can some one help me and guide me.

thanking you
with warm regards.
luke.

Godzilla9

Sep 22, 2012
Read this posting. I do not think you will have any more questions.

http://www.trackitt.com/usa-discussion-forums/federal-skilled-workers/501500197/-landing-in-canada-all-you-need-to-know