+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,
My wife just received an email from CIC saying that her photo does not meet the required specifications. I am the primary applicant and it looks like they accepted mine as I haven't received any email. We had our photos taken at the same place at the same time and don't know what the problem is with her photos. The important point is that in the letter it says if she doesn't provide the right photos in 30 days, her application will be considered cancelled. We have only one place that takes Canada passport pictures in our town. Should we drive to the nearest city and get more photos and then send all of them to CIC to be on the safe side? Please advice. Thank you
You can go to any commercial photographer. Just make sure that the photo is in line with the specifications outlined in the application form.

babilon

Star Member
Feb 8, 2017
You can go to any commercial photographer. Just make sure that the photo is in line with the specifications outlined in the application form.
Thank you for your response. The letter did not specify what the problem is with her photos. My concern is that if CIC doesn't accept the new photos, is her application going to be cancelled? We did our short landing in October. We were expecting our PR cards in a few weeks and today we received this email.

sushd

Dec 12, 2017
hi... i am going to winnipeg canada on PR this dec 2017...I am going through Air Canada.I talked to airline regarding my baggage claim whether it would be vancouver where i ll go through custom and immigration check , or it ll be winnipeg she told me i ll get baggage in winnipeg.....kindly let me know if i am flying through air canada all the way till winnipeg where would i claim my baggage. Kindly help me.

jonnclk22

Star Member
Oct 20, 2017
Ghana
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
Nairobi
AOR Received.
01-01-2013
Passport Req..
01-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
01-04-21014
hi... i am going to winnipeg canada on PR this dec 2017...I am going through Air Canada.I talked to airline regarding my baggage claim whether it would be vancouver where i ll go through custom and immigration check , or it ll be winnipeg she told me i ll get baggage in winnipeg.....kindly let me know if i am flying through air canada all the way till winnipeg where would i claim my baggage. Kindly help me.
The first port of entry in the country is often where you need to pass customs, claim baggage, recheck baggage for final destination. That's always the case for the US and I think that's also true for Canada.

sushd

Dec 12, 2017
Thank you...yeah that is the procedure...I am leaving on 21st dec 2017 through air canada from delhi to winnipeg via vancouver....I am going alone so bit apprehensive about journey....

jonnclk22

Star Member
Oct 20, 2017
Ghana
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
Nairobi
AOR Received.
01-01-2013
Passport Req..
01-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
01-04-21014
Thank you...yeah that is the procedure...I am leaving on 21st dec 2017 through air canada from delhi to winnipeg via vancouver....I am going alone so bit apprehensive about journey....
Don't worry at all.. It's a breeze. Compared to the US Customs, the Canadian customs are a breeze. The whole process is friendly and welcoming. Enjoy your journey.

sushd

Dec 12, 2017
Thank you jonnclk22....there is one apprehension......my english is not that good,would i be able to understand what they are asking....I mean their accent...kindly help me..this a big part of my worry..what if i don't get what they are asking and reply incorrectly...would they withhold me.....kindly help me....

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you jonnclk22....there is one apprehension......my english is not that good,would i be able to understand what they are asking....I mean their accent...kindly help me..this a big part of my worry..what if i don't get what they are asking and reply incorrectly...would they withhold me.....kindly help me....
There will likely be someone who can speak your language if you need help.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
If you are completing a PR landing how much time do you have between the Vancouver and Winnipeg flight given your PR landing would also be completed at the first point of entry.

Last edited:

sushd

Dec 12, 2017
If you are completing a PR landing how much time do you have between the Vancouver and Toronto flight given your PR landing would also be completed at the first point of entry.
I am not going to toronto...i am going winnipeg from vancouver. There is a 3 hours layout.

sushd

Dec 12, 2017
There will likely be someone who can speak your language if you need help.
will it affect my PR card processing if somebody else speak on my behalf .....i want to know other people's experiences who have gone first time...whether anybody had been in such circumstance.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
I am not going to toronto...i am going winnipeg from vancouver. There is a 3 hours layout.
Sorry my bad 3 hours should be fine hopefully assuming you are completing your PR landing which you must do at the first port of entry

As Canuck78 says there are likely plenty of people to help so try not to over think things. Just make sure you have any documents that you need available including for your PR card a Canadian address for the card to be mailed to.

sushd

Dec 12, 2017
Sorry my bad 3 hours should be fine hopefully assuming you are completing your PR landing which you must do at the first port of entry

As Canuck78 says there are likely plenty of people to help so try not to over think things. Just make sure you have any documents that you need available including for your PR card a Canadian address for the card to be mailed to.
First of all thanks for quick response...i have all my papers ready regarding landing...it just the language,basically there accent...This my first international travel.I have not communicated foreigners so bit apprehensive....if i could not understand what they are saying will they retain me or with hold me .Will that affect my landing....I am in a state of anxiety.

nilsen21

May 31, 2017
Hello,
I and my wife drove from the US (not citizens) to Canada and did our short landing in October. We are expecting our PR cards very soon. Our baby will be born in January in the US. Since my wife was pregnant at the time we did our short landing, we could not declare the baby stuff we would like bring with us when we will move for good in May.
So my questions:
1. How much should we expect to pay for customs fee for our baby's stuff? (car seat, crib, mattress, toys, etc)
2. Can we bring our own baby car seat? It is Britax brand and I know it is sold in Canada too but not sure if the seat has to be bought from a Canadian retailer or so. (Since we will drive from the US, we will have our baby in his car seat but are we required to buy a new one in Canada?)
I would also very much appreciate if you share your experiences about moving with the other baby products.
Thank you.
Hi Babilon,

I am also planning to make a soft landing in Toronto driving from New York this Jan. Can you pls share your experience as how your entire trip was t the POE? Where did u land? Any particular time which one should target?

Thanks.