+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Everyone,

We did soft landing in July 2015 and stayed back in US.Now we are planning to move for good in July 2018 . I know 2 years minimum stay required out of 5 years to retain the PR status. Is this calculated based on 5 yrs from our first landing (ie July 2020) or as per expiry date mentioned in PR card (Which is September 2020) ?
First landing (July 2020)

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you. So what is the best option for taking money into Canada and what is the best time (1st landing, post landing etc.), considering it is a soft landing?
Depending how much you are bringing.... If over $1000, then wire transfer. Carry cash if less than that.

jonnclk22

Star Member
Oct 20, 2017
Ghana
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
Nairobi
AOR Received.
01-01-2013
Passport Req..
01-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
01-04-21014
Thank you. So what is the best option for taking money into Canada and what is the best time (1st landing, post landing etc.), considering it is a soft landing?
See what Steaky said. I just carry my credit cards and ~300 CAD in cash as almost every business accepts credit cards. Wire transfer the rest.

Dave2017

Star Member
Mar 1, 2017
Hi guys, I have a small doubt. Would be really helpful if you can provide your insights. Do we need to provide receipts for the jewellery that we wear when we land? Asking it coz I don't have a receipt for most of the jewellery I would be carrying so was thinking if they are required if I wear them?

jonnclk22

Star Member
Oct 20, 2017
Ghana
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
Nairobi
AOR Received.
01-01-2013
Passport Req..
01-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
01-04-21014
Hi guys, I have a small doubt. Would be really helpful if you can provide your insights. Do we need to provide receipts for the jewellery that we wear when we land? Asking it coz I don't have a receipt for most of the jewellery I would be carrying so was thinking if they are required if I wear them?
No.

Dec 25, 2017
Hi All,

Merry Christmas.

I would like to know what documents are required to be sent to WES for evaluation.
I have bachelors and Masters degrees.

I would like to know for bachelors degree do we need to sent them first, second and third year marksheets as well or one consolidated marksheet is enough. Similarly would like to know for Masters as well.

bhvuan

Star Member
Oct 15, 2017
Hi All,

Merry Christmas.

I would like to know what documents are required to be sent to WES for evaluation.
I have bachelors and Masters degrees.

I would like to know for bachelors degree do we need to sent them first, second and third year marksheets as well or one consolidated marksheet is enough. Similarly would like to know for Masters as well.
Wrong thread so might not get as many responses.
Anyways, you have to arrange for a transcript in a sealed envelope from both your Universities. Then you'll have to send this sealed envelopes from both institutes, copies of your certificates to WES along with the wes number written on all envelopes.

ashwani_pant

Apr 28, 2017
Hi,
What is an acceptable proof of fund at port of entry?
Do I take cash?
I have an Indian bank account will it's statement be accepted and does it need to be of 6 months?

Dec 25, 2017
Wrong thread so might not get as many responses.
Anyways, you have to arrange for a transcript in a sealed envelope from both your Universities. Then you'll have to send this sealed envelopes from both institutes, copies of your certificates to WES along with the wes number written on all envelopes.

Thanks Bhuvan.

For your assistance. could you guide me to correct forum.

I agree with your reply before that i would like to know when i ask for transcripts to the universities what do i get in return. Is it that they send one consolidated mark sheet or they send year wise as well

AlieninVancouver

Apr 16, 2017
Rwanda
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Tanzania
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
21-06-2017
Passport Req..
07-09-2017
VISA ISSUED...
03-10-2017
Question: If I am planning to land in Halifax, however to get to Halifax, I have a layover at the Toronto airport, would I be required to do my landing in Toronto, or do I just proceed with my journey until the last stop in Halifax and then do my landing there.

Any help I could get with this would be highly appreciated.

PK

bhvuan

Star Member
Oct 15, 2017
Thanks Bhuvan.

For your assistance. could you guide me to correct forum.

I agree with your reply before that i would like to know when i ask for transcripts to the universities what do i get in return. Is it that they send one consolidated mark sheet or they send year wise as well
Hi
They send a transcript..which is basically a consolidated marksheet containing all courses, grades and dates.

didouette

Star Member
Oct 31, 2017
Hi - im yet to mull this over seriously but guys, how are you arranging for rent before you land in canada...? Like i am imigrating with my wife and two children and know that cant just stroll around seeking for rent right after getting out of airport... plus where should i seek for rent in the whole grand toronto area and how to be pick a good neighborhood?? Too much difficult questions...

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi - im yet to mull this over seriously but guys, how are you arranging for rent before you land in canada...? Like i am imigrating with my wife and two children and know that cant just stroll around seeking for rent right after getting out of airport... plus where should i seek for rent in the whole grand toronto area and how to be pick a good neighborhood?? Too much difficult questions...
There are some advertisement thread in the housing forum, like the below:

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/1-bedroom-den-available-to-rent-in-toronto.535027/#post-6606939

Or you can go to websites such as Craigslist or Kiiji. You might need to read for reviews on a particular neighborhood. If there is none, you can find or ask for a short term lease (3 months). You can check out the area and surrounding in those 3 months. If you like the area, renew it.

jonnclk22

Star Member
Oct 20, 2017
Ghana
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
Nairobi
AOR Received.
01-01-2013
Passport Req..
01-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
01-04-21014
Question: If I am planning to land in Halifax, however to get to Halifax, I have a layover at the Toronto airport, would I be required to do my landing in Toronto, or do I just proceed with my journey until the last stop in Halifax and then do my landing there.

Any help I could get with this would be highly appreciated.

PK
The first port of entry, which in this case would be Toronto.