+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
meena said:
Good question. Even I wanted to ask same.
As I wud b going on PR there in Feb IA; how i can invite my mother or sister(age more then 21) there on tourist visa.

What would be the process for the same.

Thanks in advance.

Meena
U cannot invite (read "Sponsor") her till the time u have resided, settled down & commenced earning here in Canada. Also u cannot be on Social Security to sponsor someone.

And that could take a while... usually 8-10 months time is a safe period to apply for a visitors visa for secondary family members.

And remember - having a fairly good bank balance helps.

Qorax

bnimsin

Apr 20, 2010
qorax said:
U cannot invite (read "Sponsor") her till the time u have resided, settled down & commenced earning here in Canada. Also u cannot be on Social Security to sponsor someone.

And that could take a while... usually 8-10 months time is a safe period to apply for a visitors visa for secondary family members.

And remember - having a fairly good bank balance helps.

Qorax
Dear Qorax,
I need your advice.
I have sent my med/PP.RPRF a month back to CHC ND.
If I get the visa by October end i alone (without my wife and 7yr old son)want to land in early november10,is it advisable to do so(legally or personally)? as winter is ahead i want them(wife+son)to land in early march2011.
other matter is i want to make some prearrangement(job/home)before i call them.
what would be better.I want to settle in Alberta(Calgary/Edmonton)but I dint have any body there whom i know.I have my relative in Toronto.
Pl. advice me.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
bnimsin said:
Dear Qorax,
I need your advice.
I have sent my med/PP.RPRF a month back to CHC ND.
1. If I get the visa by October end i alone (without my wife and 7yr old son)want to land in early november10,is it advisable to do so(legally or personally)? as winter is ahead i want them(wife+son)to land in early march2011.
2. other matter is i want to make some prearrangement(job/home)before i call them.
what would be better.I want to settle in Alberta(Calgary/Edmonton)but I dint have any body there whom i know.I have my relative in Toronto.
Pl. advice me.
1. That's perfectly fine, provided u r the PA.
2. It'd be wise to initially settle in Toronto (due to your friend's presence).

USCAN

Jan 14, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
qorax said:
That account's Bank Statement will suffice for your POF for landing/entry. U don't need to do anything further.

However, I assume that this a/c is a USD a/c. So, after u land and proceed with your settlement routine, u may find it a hassle to maintain an USD a/c in Canada for your daily chores, unless it's not a regular usage one. Thus, u may like to either convert it into a CAD a/c or keep it at that & open a new CAD a/c here.

Qorax
Thanks a lot man. Really appreciate your input.
Thanks again

rcosing

May 5, 2010
Manila
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct. 2004
AOR Received.
Feb. 2005
Med's Request
Aug. 2010
Med's Done....
Sep. 31, 2010
Passport Req..
Oct. 5, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Oct.18,2010
qorax said:
As she already has her TRV (or visitor's visa) u should have no issues in her accompanying u guys, in the same flight, entering the same time.

Each case is dealt individually. So, though she's related to u, she's entering Canada on her own, isn't it? Thus, not a cause of concern there for any one, right?

Qorax
Not yet, maybe within the next 2 months since the invite from her sister will state that she will attend her niece's graduation(which is also true). She visited Canada before and left without any problem/records. We have also prepared the necessary funds to support her, so we believe it wouldn't be much of a concern getting the TRV.

We have an "assumption" that we(my family and my mom-in-law) will be dealt with individually. We just want be sure, not taking even the smallest chance. Hearing that from someone credible was a relief. Thanks a lot qorax! We really appreciate you taking the time to answer.

bnimsin

Apr 20, 2010
qorax said:
1. That's perfectly fine, provided u r the PA.
2. It'd be wise to initially settle in Toronto (due to your friend's presence).
Thank you very much Sir,
but my final destination is Alberta. I need to get Driving license/Helth Card/SIN from Alberta as these are
Issued by the Province.if I initially settle in Toronto it wont worth to get these Issued from Toronto.

and most important question is, do my wife and son need to show POF at Airport.though i have already shown at the time of my(alone) landing(earlier)? my wife has very limited English ability. she cant answer questions asked by IO or Custom officer.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
bnimsin said:
Thank you very much Sir,
but my final destination is Alberta. I need to get Driving license/Helth Card/SIN from Alberta as these are
Issued by the Province.if I initially settle in Toronto it wont worth to get these Issued from Toronto.

and most important question is, do my wife and son need to show POF at Airport.though i have already shown at the time of my(alone) landing(earlier)? my wife has very limited English ability. she cant answer questions asked by IO or Custom officer.
A. No, your spouse needn't show any POF.
B. No, she wouldn't be asked any queries* as well.

Qorax
*The system would show that the PA has already landed. And even if something is required - they have interpreters available@the a/port. Besides, u can visit the BSO external office & inform them your concerns earlier, once u come to the a/port to receive her. In Toronto, it's on level-3, office besides gate #D, arrivals. About other a/ports I'm not aware of - but there will be the same available.

bnimsin

Apr 20, 2010
qorax said:
A. No, your spouse needn't show any POF.
B. No, she wouldn't be asked any queries* as well.

Qorax
*The system would show that the PA has already landed. And even if something is required - they have interpreters available @ the a/port. Besides, u can visit the BSO external office & inform them your concerns earlier, once u come to the a/port to receive her. In Toronto, it's on level-3, office besides gate #D, arrivals. About other a/ports I'm not aware of - but there will be the same available.
Thank you very much Sir,

godblessyou

Star Member
Aug 12, 2010
bnimsin said:
Thank you very much Sir,
hi bnimsin

i just want to add one thing that before going to Alberta you should get a letter of authentication from DTO for your driving license,,,with the help of that you will get direct LEVEL 5 at Alberta ,,,,just check that all the spellings of your name will be same as passport

thankssss

sps

Oct 21, 2008
Hi Qorax,

I am landing in Canada in the first week of November. I will be staying in Toronto for a week to finsh my landing formalities and return back. I have my cousin who stays in Toronto and will be giving his address for my PR card. As I hear, the PR card process will take 2-3 weeks for processing. I am planning to leave before that and my cousin will mail them to me once he recieves it.

Can we fly out of Cananda without our PR cards. Is there any problem if I come down next time.

Regards
SPS

bnimsin

Apr 20, 2010
godblessyou said:
hi bnimsin

i just want to add one thing that before going to Alberta you should get a letter of authentication from DTO for your driving license,,,with the help of that you will get direct LEVEL 5 at Alberta ,,,,just check that all the spellings of your name will be same as passport

thankssss
Thanks godblessyou,
I will do that.but please let me know is it standard format which i can get by requesting to DTO.
or it is like No Objection Certificate Indicating that I have no Claim/Complain of against me.
I am from India(Ahmedabad).and i have 12 yrs old license. four wheeler.

In Alberta how much time taken to get License/Health Card Issued?

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
sps said:
Hi Qorax,

I am landing in Canada in the first week of November. I will be staying in Toronto for a week to finsh my landing formalities and return back. I have my cousin who stays in Toronto and will be giving his address for my PR card. As I hear, the PR card process will take 2-3 weeks for processing. I am planning to leave before that and my cousin will mail them to me once he recieves it.

Can we fly out of Cananda without our PR cards. Is there any problem if I come down next time.

Regards
SPS
1. PR cards take about 6 weeks nowadays.
2. No, u'd have no problem exiting Canada w/out PRCs.

Qorax

karl

Star Member
Oct 6, 2009
I am landing first in Alberta and really have no place to go. Initially I plan book a hotel but after that do not really know what address I will provide at the POE for PR. I do not know anyone in Canada.

Do you know of any good places for accommodationin Alberta which are reasonable on the pocket??

Please suggest some.

Karl

jawadahmed6065

Star Member
Jul 7, 2010
Congratulations Nadeem and [size=10pt][size=10pt]Welcome to Canada!!![/size][/size]

Regarding the SIM; I have opted Chatr which is having unlimited incoming free and costs 45 $ for canada wise free and 35$ for Chatr regions free. But this only works within the Chatr zones. If you are planning to be within GTA; this is very nice; else do not go for it. It is only 2G and will not give you any additional 3G features. (But I do'nt think you will be requiring any other feature other than voice call and SMS). I have traveled to Manitoba-winnipeg; 2G signals were good but did not work as it was outside the Chatr zone.

Reagarding basement; I would strongly advise you to live in any basement for at least a night to get some idea. I lived in my aunt's basement for a couple of days and honestly, I did not like living in basement at all. Try to find one bed apartment on the similar price.

All the best

dubai321

Oct 1, 2010
Hi Seniors,

I really want to say thank you to Quarax and Leon for their contribution for our new lives. Please help me with the function in this website how to vote for them or thank you for them.

Thank you