+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

guptaa

Dec 2, 2014
India
Guys,

I have my account with HSBC, Bangalore.

For PoF, can I carry 4000 Cash, 6000 Travel Card and certificate (equivalent CAD) from HSBC bank for rest of the amount?

If it goes as per plan, I should be able to sustain there with Cash & TC and rest of the amount will be safe in my account in India. In worst condition, I will be able to withdraw money from HSBC account, as I have international debit card.

Please suggest.

AndySin007

Star Member
Jul 31, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Original NDVO Transf to WVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2014
Nomination.....
14-02-2015 PER
AOR Received.
18-03-2015 AOR
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
to WVO
Med's Request
14-04-2015 MR
Med's Done....
17-04-2015 MR Completed
Interview........
25-04-2015 TL
Passport Req..
12-05-2015 DM
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-2015 PPR
LANDED..........
Waiting...
Dear All,
I have a Q regarding funds at the time of Landing ? do we have to show all the funds (for a family of 3 =CAD 18260/-) in canadian dollar or we can take around 8000 CAD and then remaining certificate from the Indian Bank showing converted fund from INR to CAD for that day as we did at the time of sending the application ?

Thanks

waitingforfsw

Star Member
Mar 19, 2015
fswevaluation said:
You should not surrender your I-94 when leaving the US and when returning from Canada to the US ---show your I-94 to the US Border officer and they will issue a new one. You also must have a valid I-797 and passport valid for atleast 6 months. If you return within 30 days you are absolutely fine. This process is called Automatic revalidation. I am doing this July 4th-July 9th.

All the best
Hi,
thanks for your reply.My situation is a little different.My current Visa is not expired.So will they still issue a new i94 to me or will they just let me in with same i94 if i return in less than 30 days?

RanjitNagi

Star Member
Aug 17, 2014
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
Nomination.....
24-11-2014
File Transfer...
16-01-2015
Med's Request
24-01-2015
Med's Done....
02-02-2015
Passport Req..
31-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-04-2015
Dear Friends,

I have following question about PR card.

I will be staying in Canada for a month and during that period I dont think I will get back PR card. So in that case, can arrangements could be made to send PR card via courier to India?

Regards

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
RanjitNagi said:
Dear Friends,

I have following question about PR card.

I will be staying in Canada for a month and during that period I dont think I will get back PR card. So in that case, can arrangements could be made to send PR card via courier to India?

Regards
if you have a friend/relative in canada you can provide their address upon landing and your friend/relative could forward it to you when it arrives.

crewbunk

Star Member
May 6, 2014
Dear seniors,

I got a question regarding landing to Canada and has posted to another section in the forum. But I need more advice from you guys before making the decision.

I am still at the stage of waiting for my PR to be approved and not sure if everything go smooth and can get my passport and visa back by Sept. However, we plan to go to Canada for a trip at the end of Sept for 10 days, just for checking the cities around with my families.

Question is: If our visa is approved before our trip in Sept, can we simply use our passport and enter Canada for travel (my passport is travel-visa waived) and not going to the immigration officer for landing process? This is because we did not plan to do the landing process in such a short notice; we wish to do official landing next year (within the expiry date) and pro-long the period to stay outside Canada.

Also, what if the visa is still in process and we are at the stage of requesting to submit our passport during our trip? Can we inform CIC to extend the period to submit passport?

It seems the timeline for getting the visa is so unpredictable now, we wish to plan ahead and make decision in advance to go for the trip or not.

Please advise. Thanks!!!

RanjitNagi

Star Member
Aug 17, 2014
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
Nomination.....
24-11-2014
File Transfer...
16-01-2015
Med's Request
24-01-2015
Med's Done....
02-02-2015
Passport Req..
31-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-04-2015

I think this is the right thread to ask a question!
Guys,

Could you please let me know the procedures and precautions that I need to take for short landing(1-2 months) in Canada?
Don't know what to take care and what not...

Please help

RanjitNagi

Star Member
Aug 17, 2014
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
Nomination.....
24-11-2014
File Transfer...
16-01-2015
Med's Request
24-01-2015
Med's Done....
02-02-2015
Passport Req..
31-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-04-2015
Is there anyone out there who has done short landing?????
Need to gain more information on that..

Please reply/ pm me

tag4u

Star Member
Mar 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-Oct-2013
AOR Received.
20-Nov-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
23-Apr-2014
Med's Done....
06-Jun-2014
Passport Req..
16-Jun-2014
Hello all,

I have completed my landing formalities on May 25th and here is my experience. This was for short landing and I didn't have any GTA or GTF but I was carrying more than 10K USD for POF.

Booked flight tickets via British Airways via London. The BA099 from London arrives in Toronto around 8 PM and I believe it is the quietest time of the day for immigration. The landing was done at T3 Pearson. You have to fill a Customer Declaration Form(CDF) before you disembark your flight.

1. Customs :

I arrived at the customs first and was greeted by an officer, he asked if I was landing to be a PR, he then checked the CDF and enquired about my B4/B4A forms. As I wasn't settling down now and as I was not accompanying any goods I told him simply that I do not have GTF/A for now. He then marked something on my CDF which stated that I had to go through final customs processing before immigration.

2. Immigration.
Greeted by a wonderful female officer who checked our passports, COPR. She asked few basic questions like have u been in Cnaada before? Former employer? Ever convicted of any crime? Address staying now at Canada. Thanks to mastfadi I printed this adddress on a paper before hand and showed to her. She filled in all details, asked us to sign our papers and told us to wait. After about 10 min wait, she called our names and gave our PPs and 1 COPR copy back with a big smile " Welcome to Canada ". She also stated us residency obligations(730d out of 5y)

There was a newcomer section after immigration where the guys gave us few pamphlets on how to work in Canada etc. Helpful if u are new to Canada.

3. Claim check-in baggage: Pulled out the baggage and put them in Free (courtesy CIBC) carts. Then we were asked to go the customs room where they check the baggage contents/cash etc. As I was waiting I saw the officer stating to a lady in my front that not disclosing or falsely disclosing information on CDF will amount to 400$ fine and/or imprisonment. So guys be careful of what u are carrying. Do NOT carry any products OR BYPRODUCTS of milk, plants, meat etc(More details on CBSA site). Eg: Ghee is a byproduct of milk and if you carry it and do not declare on the CDF they may confiscate, impose a fine and/or put u in prison. So please be TRUTHFUL and CAREFUL.
The lady in front of me luckily declared that she was carrying meat and it was not a problem to her. They took away those items and trashed them.

My turn came up and he asked me if there are any Goods(not to be mistaken with Grocery/Food) items with me or to follow. I told him as I am doing a short landing I do not have either for now and when I do my next trip I will get them and fill B4/B4A. He was ok with my explanation and told us to leave.

The landing was not as difficult as I'd imagined. So chill out guys and do a cool landing.

I came out around 930PM and my friends were there to receive us. It was overall a wonderful experience. I did my SIN the next day at the nearest Service Canada counter. That was a breeze, in and out in 15 mins.

Toronto has started to warm up and the temps are in high 20s now. Very pleasant weather now if you are traveling from tropical countries.

Some points:
1. T3 does NOT have SIN counter and the best time to land is after 7PM(According to CBSA officer). Lesser rush and faster processing.
2. Neither Immigration nor Customs asked me for POF, however it doesn't meet its the norm.
3. Be very careful of what you pack(for your friends and you) and make a full list of items before you board that flight.
4. Be TRUTHFUL and extra CAREFUL in all your declarations and do not hide anything either knowingly or unknowingly.

This forum has helped me a in a long way to attain my PR. I am highly indebted to all my fellow PR here. I will try to give back as much as I can with the information that I have. So please shoot your Qs if you have any.

Happy Landing for you too !

MKayes

Jan 14, 2015
Dear Seniors and Experts,

Seeking your kind guidance on the PR Card related issues.

I have completed my landing formalities on 08 May 2015 at Laser B Pearson Int. Airport.

During my landing I have provided my address in Canada and CBSA officer took note and wrote down the same on COPR.

After landing my ECAS status has changed to "Complete" and said that You have landed on.... and became PR".

So my questions are-

(1) As I have already provided my address during landing, do I need to notify CIC again regarding my address in Canada??

(2) In ECAS both, "Home Address" and "Mailing Address" are exhibiting my home country's address. Is it the normal case??

I am little bit tensed and confused. Appreciate if you please share the experienced advise..

Thanks.

arkitekpaul

May 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Full Documents Sent on 11-04-2011, Received by CIO 18-04-2011
AOR Received.
PER Received 25-05-2011; CIO-S Eligibility Review Complete 28-05-2011
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
Received by Visa Office 18-06-2011; 2nd AOR 27-06-2011 date 15-06-2011 (Thank God)
Med's Request
23-10-2014 - PPR01,MR,PCC,PHOT
Med's Done....
05-12-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
23-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
12-05-2015
Hi guys! I just need your input. Me & my family will having our initial landing soon. But we will be staying for a 2weeks only as we need to go back to our own country to settle everything before permanently migrating to Canada next year. My question is, do I have to bring the full settlement fund even though we are not settling yet? Thanks.

Can3143

Apr 3, 2015
Hi All good Morning,

I have recently received PPR.

I need a clarification guys. I am going to submit my passport soon. But my passport expires in December 2015 and i want to renew the passport and travel to Canada.My question is

Will there be a problem if the visa stamped in the old passport?

Thanks

RanjitNagi

Star Member
Aug 17, 2014
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
Nomination.....
24-11-2014
File Transfer...
16-01-2015
Med's Request
24-01-2015
Med's Done....
02-02-2015
Passport Req..
31-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-04-2015
I have following crossing my mind, could anyone please help and throw some light on these?

1) How much time it takes to get an PR card to a given address once we land?
2) If we come back to home country(India) just before getting the PR card at Canada address, would that be a problem?
3) After coming back to India without PR card, can my friend send me PR card over courier? Is that allowed and safe?
4) Will immigration officer at airport would ask to show PR card while going to India after our first landing?
5) What forms and information do I need to provide to immigration officer in Canada upon our first arrival?

Would reply appreciate time and efforts.

Regards

tag4u

Star Member
Mar 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-Oct-2013
AOR Received.
20-Nov-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
23-Apr-2014
Med's Done....
06-Jun-2014
Passport Req..
16-Jun-2014
Ranjit

1) 57 days current status is in
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-card.asp

2) Not at all a problem, if at all you want to come to Canada before your PR card arrives or without a PR card you need to apply for a visitor VISA using your COPR signed document from your home country
Alternatively you can ask your friends to mail you the PR card and land with it.
3)Yes not a problem according to many. But use reliable courier service to do that.
4) No, as you already have a one time VISA and 2 copies of COPR each. Even if he asks you can say him you are doing your first landing.
5) No forms. Just get the address of Canada where you want to live printed on a paper before you arrive. Also take 2 copies of B4/B4A forms if you have any Goods accompanying or To follow. If you have any gold to be carried in baggage take a printout(color) of all gold ornaments with you.

Let me know if you have further questions

RanjitNagi said:
I have following crossing my mind, could anyone please help and throw some light on these?

1) How much time it takes to get an PR card to a given address once we land?
2) If we come back to home country(India) just before getting the PR card at Canada address, would that be a problem?
3) After coming back to India without PR card, can my friend send me PR card over courier? Is that allowed and safe?
4) Will immigration officer at airport would ask to show PR card while going to India after our first landing?
5) What forms and information do I need to provide to immigration officer in Canada upon our first arrival?

Would reply appreciate time and efforts.

Regards

tag4u

Star Member
Mar 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-Oct-2013
AOR Received.
20-Nov-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
23-Apr-2014
Med's Done....
06-Jun-2014
Passport Req..
16-Jun-2014
Yes, the first landing is the one when you become a PR. The next times(after you get the PR card) you will simply exit the airport w/o even going to immigration.
Get as much funds as you can in the form of Traveler cheques, cash, Home bank account statements, Stocks and Bonds etc. It is not always that officers ask about POF, but we shouldn't risk our PR and traveling such long distance for not carrying POF.

Hope this helps

arkitekpaul said:
Hi guys! I just need your input. Me & my family will having our initial landing soon. But we will be staying for a 2weeks only as we need to go back to our own country to settle everything before permanently migrating to Canada next year. My question is, do I have to bring the full settlement fund even though we are not settling yet? Thanks.