+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

blindvia

Jul 12, 2013
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-05-2014 <br><br>[IMG]http://i67.tinypic.com/34s5bo2.jpg[/IMG]
Lammawitch said:
Yes. What is your question?
Thanks for the response.

I think I have read qorax post somewhere that bringing a bike during landing is not suggested.

Was there any issues reported by migrants recently for bringing these kind of stuffs in Canada?
Or there's no problem at all?

MKayes

Jan 14, 2015
sharmag said:
Hi forumites,

I hope I am asking the correct question in this forum... Regarding DL for ontario

I have valid driving license in India and have experience over 10 years. So as per the rules in the web and info from fellow forumites, I will have to submit a "'Letter of Authentication' from the country's Roads & Transport Authority, explaining our D/License". Does anybody know about the format of this letter? I am not getting any info on the sample letter on the web.

Any body who has applied, please share the format and experience in obtaining the "letter of authentication from the RTA". Please help

Thanks in advance.

Please find the format here...

Date: DD MM YYYY

TO WHOME IT MAY CONCERN

SUBJECT: AUTHENTICTION OF LICENCED DRIVING EXPERIENCE

This is to certify that the Non Professional Driving License No. [License Number] was issued by [License issuing Authority], [Your Country] on [DD MM YYYY] in the name of [Your name], S/O [your Fathers Name], date of birth – [DD MM YYYY] and the license is valid up to [DD MM YYYY]. This Driving License is valid throughout [mention the country/province name as applicable] with full driving privileges for driving [mention the vehicle type you were allowed for, i.e. Car, Motorcycle].

As per record of the office, there are no traffic offense and accident history against this Driving License.

Regards,
Sharma

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
blindvia said:
Thanks for the response.

I think I have read qorax post somewhere that bringing a bike during landing is not suggested.

Was there any issues reported by migrants recently for bringing these kind of stuffs in Canada?
Or there's no problem at all?
There is no issue bringing a bike to Canada (I brought 2!). You would need to check with the airline about requirements for transporting it.

*If* you mean a motorbike, different story - I also imported 2, it's a nightmare of epic proportions and I wouldn't recommend it :(

See:
http://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/motorvehiclesafety/safevehicles-importation-other-than-index-446.htm

HTH.

shakti123

Apr 25, 2014
Lammawitch said:
There is no issue bringing a bike to Canada (I brought 2!). You would need to check with the airline about requirements for transporting it.

*If* you mean a motorbike, different story - I also imported 2, it's a nightmare of epic proportions and I wouldn't recommend it :(

See:
http://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/motorvehiclesafety/safevehicles-importation-other-than-index-446.htm

HTH.
I'am landing in Canada next week, how much funds I need to show at POE?, Can I show these funds in local currency or should they be in CAD

Please advice, this is urgent.

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shakti123 said:
I'am landing in Canada next week, how much funds I need to show at POE?, Can I show these funds in local currency or should they be in CAD

See
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp
And 1st post on this thread.

Thito

Dec 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Shamrajjo said:
Only Provincial Nominee should live 2 years in that state from nominated as an obligation otherwise FSW PR holder can live and land anywhere in CA except Quebec.
Are you sure that PNP PR holders have to stay in that Province for 2 years after getting PR? can u please provide amy official link for that.
thanks

fswevaluation

Star Member
May 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA/ NEW YORK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9th June 2014
LANDED..........
6th July 2015/Toronto
shakti123 said:

NONE. Carry your Fixed Deposit documents or your Bank statements showing the statements to show the funds and their supporting documents but as far as carrying actual Canadian dollars. NONE

Thito

Dec 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am planning to do landing Early next month. I am already in Canada ( Ontario). What are the documents I need to carry snd which is the best Port Of Entry ( in terms of less hassle and easy going). please suggest me. Also, Do I need to show bank statement and birth certificate as well?

waitingforfsw

Star Member
Mar 19, 2015
Hi All,
I have a quick question about landing from US to Canada. Poeple who have recently done their landing from US and came back please answer this.Currently i have a valid work visa in US (valid till end of July).I am planning to land in Canada in mid-June and come back in a week.

Question: Will the airline take away my current i94 and i will be issued a new one when i come back or will i simply retain my current i94. This is important for me to know as my visa extension will be in progress at that time.If they dont take away my current i94 then i am good but if they take away i94 and issue a new one then it might mess up things for me.

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
waitingforfsw said:
Hi All,
I have a quick question about landing from US to Canada. Poeple who have recently done their landing from US and came back please answer this.Currently i have a valid work visa in US (valid till end of July).I am planning to land in Canada in mid-June and come back in a week.

Question: Will the airline take away my current i94 and i will be issued a new one when i come back or will i simply retain my current i94. This is important for me to know as my visa extension will be in progress at that time.If they dont take away my current i94 then i am good but if they take away i94 and issue a new one then it might mess up things for me.
This is a question for US border control. Not a a Canadian visa forum.

Thito said:
I am planning to do landing Early next month. I am already in Canada ( Ontario). What are the documents I need to carry snd which is the best Port Of Entry ( in terms of less hassle and easy going). please suggest me. Also, Do I need to show bank statement and birth certificate as well?
"Best" POE would be the closest & most convenient for you.

Documents: passport, copr, proof of funds (if required). Goods accompanying, good to follow lists.

Thito

Dec 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lammawitch said:
"Best" POE would be the closest & most convenient for you.

Documents: passport, copr, proof of funds (if required). Goods accompanying, good to follow lists.
Thank you for the reply. Currently, I am working ( but part-time these days), Do I still need to show the POF or copy of paystub would be fine.

RanjitNagi

Star Member
Aug 17, 2014
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
Nomination.....
24-11-2014
File Transfer...
16-01-2015
Med's Request
24-01-2015
Med's Done....
02-02-2015
Passport Req..
31-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-04-2015
Dear Friends,

I have following question about PR card.

I will be staying in Canada for a month and during that period I dont think I will get back PR card. So in that case, can arrangements could be made to send PR card via courier to India?

Regards

fswevaluation

Star Member
May 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA/ NEW YORK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9th June 2014
LANDED..........
6th July 2015/Toronto
waitingforfsw said:
Hi All,

You should not surrender your I-94 when leaving the US and when returning from Canada to the US ---show your I-94 to the US Border officer and they will issue a new one. You also must have a valid I-797 and passport valid for atleast 6 months. If you return within 30 days you are absolutely fine. This process is called Automatic revalidation. I am doing this July 4th-July 9th.

All the best

fswevaluation

Star Member
May 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA/ NEW YORK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9th June 2014
LANDED..........
6th July 2015/Toronto
waitingforfsw said:
Hi All,

You should not surrender your I-94 when leaving the US and when returning from Canada to the US ---show your I-94 to the US Border officer and they will issue a new one. You also must have a valid I-797 and passport valid for atleast 6 months. If you return within 30 days you are absolutely fine. This process is called Automatic revalidation. I am doing this July 4th-July 9th.

All the best

guptaa

Dec 2, 2014
India
Guys,

I have my account with HSBC, Bangalore.

For PoF, can I carry 4000 Cash, 6000 Travel Card and certificate (equivalent CAD) from HSBC bank for rest of the amount?

If it goes as per plan, I should be able to sustain there with Cash & TC and rest of the amount will be safe in my account in India. In worst condition, I will be able to withdraw money from HSBC account, as I have international debit card.

Please suggest.