+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

samin

Jan 28, 2010
qorax said:
U r unnecessarily getting confused with both the forms -B4 & B4A.

Let me make it clear... B4A is just an 'extension' of B4. If u have goods that can be listed in the B4, u don't need to file B4A. The form B4 has Eight [8] rows, if u can list all your good into eight categories, u do no fill-in B4A.

How to do that? This is what I did:
I categorized all my good in to 8 categories, eg. Jewellery, Electronics, Mobile Phones, Clothing & Personal effects, DVDs & CDs, Crockery & Cutlery, Linens & coverings. Each I listed in a separate excel sheet & valued. That worked perfectly. I did not file any B4A.

Jewellery:
U MUST printout photographs. Use groups in one A4 sheet. Eg. Rings in one sheet, Necklaces & Chains in another, Sets in one more etc. etc. That worked for me & many others.

Good Luck.
Qorax
Hi Qorax
Thanks for your all valuable information, as I am not bringing any goods after landing so I need to fill only form for Goods accompany list which is B4 Form if there is no space we will fill up form B4A otherwise B4 is enough Right ?

now can you pls make me clear following :
1 In the space Importer name I will my Write my Name
2.In the space Importer address I will Write my Home Address not Canada Address
3.Country of origin I will Write my Home country not Canada
4. Country of export I will Write Canada Not home country
5. Goods follow We will Tick NO as I am not Bringing any goods after landing
6. Under classification Type we will tick on Settler Box

the above is right or wrong pls inform

Thanks//Samin

Hazel2010

May 12, 2010
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9 th July , 2009
Doc's Request.
2 nd Sept, 2009
AOR Received.
9 th July, 2009
IELTS Request
2 nd Sept, 2009
File Transfer...
9 th Sept, 2009
Med's Request
16th Feb, 2010
Med's Done....
9 th March, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
3 rd May, 2010
Qorax, you have become a household name. Every forum I have read Ur name always shines. I have immense respect for you n I really wish to meet you in future at Canada. Loads of thanks for sharing such valuable information and ur precious time to pen them down. I wish you all the best for ur future endeavors.

As of now, I live in NJ,USA I have all my marks cards and certificates. Can I get them evaluated in Canada or is there anythin else required to be done prior to it? I have checked some of the websites wherein they have mentioned tht they will not accept school or college records but nothing is mentioned as "transcripts in sealed envelopes" which I have come across quite often in different forums.

I am very confused... pls pls pls...help.

abhi292000

Feb 24, 2010
Canada
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
20.June.2022
Doc's Request.
not yet
Halo friends,

Finally i m in canada and i would like to share my landing experience with you people...actually i have logged in forum after one week sori for it but i was bit busy with my other important works to be done .

My flight was on 11th early morning from Mumbai - Heathrow - Toronto.

At Mumbai airport i completed all the luggage and immigration formality and boarded on Jet flight..landed in heathrow on time...then my time gap for my connecting flight was 1.45 minutes from heathrow to toronto.But when we boarded the flight we were told that flight is being delayed by 2 hours due to volcanic ash problem and we wil fly at 10.45 am.so bloody two hours we were just sitting in plane and then at 10.35 we took of for toronto and reached at toronto airport at 2.30pm

Then i headed towards the immigration section where i was told to follow the back door to immigration officer where i had to complete my landing paper.
I was first to office no had come till that time...then i waited at the go line where IO called me and asked for my passport and landing papers.
Then he asked me some questions which i have mentioned below:-

1. Under what category u were given PR?
2. What was ur profession in india?
3. In my Landing papers it was mentioned as Nova Scotia...so he asked me whether i m going to NS?
4. Then he asked me how much funds i have got?
5. Where i going to stay in Canada?
6. How did i get this accomodation?
7. Do i already have job offer?

Then he told me to sign the POF copy and then he told me that PR has some rules and regulations which i have to follow and abide.

He also told me if to keep my PR status valid i need to stay for two year and then he stamped on my passport gave me one copy of landing papers and told me to retain it til end and told me i will get the card in a months time and he greeted me Welcome to Canada.And then he told me to go to next door where i was greeted by person welcome to canada, he too checked my landing papers and then gave me a bag which contained all the important brochures and information as well.

Then he told me to meet on lady sitting at the door and she too checked my landing papers and gave me SIN card information to apply and noted my details in her register and greeted me again and told me to collect the baggage and then go ahead

I collected my luggage i didnt had any change with me so their was man whom i asked changed i think he employee of migration office..he gave me change and got the trolley then while the way to exit i was again checked by lady officer and she told me to go to customs and then exit.So i went customs officer wherein he asked me if i have any good to follow and i said no..so he said jsut this items u have with u nothing else no car nothing i said no.Then he asked me if i have lsit of things i have bought i said yes and he asked me about funds i told him yes i do have so he said okie then we wil count the same but he didnt count it jsut wrote wat i told him thats it..cos he said jsut want to mention it in the form thats it and not interested to count them.He didnt even ask for the good followed with me. And then he told me its all done and welcome to canada.

then i came to exit to catch cab to my rented house...to be frank i was very afraid when i faced the IO but later on i was okie......

When came out it was good weather and lit bit windy....i reached my destination in 15 min and arranged my room same day and then evening landlord took me for dinner....and told me about the areas nearby and how to communnicate

Second i went for SIN application i travelled alone so was bit worried since i didnt had any new mobile number if i was sot but i managed.It was okie.

I took fido contract next day but let me WARN u people here incoming call are charegable not like india so beware...i didnt knew that and all my balance was lost in 7 hours time...but then my owner told me to go for WIND contract which is 35 CAD per month but they have unlimited calling to any service provider and incoming free as well....SO i owuld suggest u people to go for WIND mobile..u need 2 buy their handsets since their card is not compatible to any other handsets.But backdrop is WIND doesnt have clear coverage since they are new in market but they are growing now.So let hope for best

I m also registered myself with humna resource center and YMCA ....so please to regsiter they help up with resume and cover letter updation.U can alos use their facility of printing scanning faxing photo copy and many other services they conduct seminars for new ppeople i didnt attend but if u wnat u poeple can.

I also registered myself with Toronto Library.Sori i forgot i opened bank account with Scotia Bank and they offered me to open a cheque account to begin with ......
Now i have started for hunting jobs and wish me luck guys
And if u people need any information u can mail me at abhi292000@yahoo.co.in

God bless u all and wish u luck

Take care
Abhishek

sanju1676

Star Member
May 28, 2009
Hi Abhi,

Can you please give more information about the rented house you found, I mean how did you book from india and what is your opinion about it.

All the Best for your job searching.

With Regards,
Sanjay

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sanju1676 said:
Hi Abhi,

Can you please give more information about the rented house you found, I mean how did you book from india and what is your opinion about it.

All the Best for your job searching.

With Regards,
Sanjay
Hi,

Actually you can search in a rental listing website (in my case, rentbc.com), then email the landlord that you are interest in renting the house, apartment or room. Subsequently, the landlord will email you and ask you some questions about yourself. After he is satisfied, he will send/email you a lease/sublet agreement and then you need to send a cheque (in CAD$) or bank draft with the signed agreement to the landlord. When you arrive Canada, just go to meet the landlord and pick up the keys. Hope this helps.

The furnished apartment was good and in move-in condition. After that morning landing, I can enjoy home cooking right after those grocery and food shopping in the local supermarket.

mjm

Star Member
Feb 14, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
qorax said:
If u have the following in Canada,
1. A Tenancy Contract
2. Ownership of a house
3. A car etc.

That'd be considered a Residential Tie.

Qorax
Hello Qorax Again,

Reference to Proof of Fund at landing... I had shown Bank Balance and Property at the time of Full Docs as proof of funds.

At the time of Landing... I ma planning to have Bank Draft of Bank Balance and Property Funds to follow once it is Sold...

So can I declare on landing the Funds to Follow equivalent of Property Sale Value...? (Since property is in process of being sold)

Regards,
MJM

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mjm said:
Hello Qorax Again,

Reference to Proof of Fund at landing... I had shown Bank Balance and Property at the time of Full Docs as proof of funds.

At the time of Landing... I ma planning to have Bank Draft of Bank Balance and Property Funds to follow once it is Sold...

So can I declare on landing the Funds to Follow equivalent of Property Sale Value...? (Since property is in process of being sold)

Regards,
MJM
Yes you can and should declare that. Best of luck

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
tutiet said:
Hi qorax,
I am newbie here, I believed that you are the right person to be the first to ask in my first post since I've had read some of your post and it's very satisfiable.I have my PR visa already and planning to land in Vancouver on July of this year.I have only $2000-3000 in my pocket as a proof of landing fund and rest will be provided by my relatives living already in Canada.Is that enough to satisfy the IO and be permitted to land.Do I need some proof(letter) from my relatives that they will assist and provide all my needs when I get there.Thank you so much and will be waiting for your reply...more power to you.
Unless u r a family class applicant [sponsored by your spouse, or a kid who is sponsored by his/her parents] this will not help. If u r an FSW or QSW or PNP or BC, u'll have to show your 'own' owned funds to enter Canada. This rule doesn't apply for FSW with an AEO.

So, u 'must' have the landing funds as per the criteria of CIC [the no. of family members table]. Else, u r likely to be denied entry.

Good luck.
Qorax

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Raj22 said:
Just a small question about Jewelry photographs.

Do we need to photograph only the jwellery we are taking as stated in Good accompaning list or we need to photograph the jewelry which is mentioned in the Goods to follow list as well?
Both, or u might land into probs. Goods to follow B4 'will not' be stamped unless u have the photographs.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
somcoorg said:
Hi Qorax

Thanks for the update!

Is there any validity or expiry period for the goods to follow list.
What is the maximum time to get the goods mentioned in the "goods to follow list"
At the time of first landing, I will declare few goods to follow, but I will carry it when settling permanently after a year or two.

Do I need to mention as to when these goods expected to reach canada
No time limit... u can get them-in as along as u have the stamped B4*, till time infinite & in any no. of break-ups [piece by piece shipments].

*For larger total amount of goods u'll also get a blue form, which'll be entered into the CBSA system & a stamped one attached to your copy of B4. I had that situation... the value was higher. U do not need to do anything for it, the BSO'll do the needful.

Qorax

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
samin said:
Hi Qorax
Thanks for your all valuable information, as I am not bringing any goods after landing so I need to fill only form for Goods accompany list which is B4 Form if there is no space we will fill up form B4A otherwise B4 is enough Right ?

now can you pls make me clear following :
1 In the space Importer name I will my Write my Name
2.In the space Importer address I will Write my Home Address not Canada Address
3.Country of origin I will Write my Home country not Canada
4. Country of export I will Write Canada Not home country
5. Goods follow We will Tick NO as I am not Bringing any goods after landing
6. Under classification Type we will tick on Settler Box

the above is right or wrong pls inform

Thanks//Samin
This is a wonderful query. Now I know that someone is sincerely trying to fill the B4.

1. Importer: U, your name.
2. Importer's address: Your "Canadian" Address. The place where u r going to stay after landing [any such address will suffice].
3. Country of Origin: The country from which u r coming into Canada.
4. Country of Export: "N/A". U r not going to export [send out] these goods from Canada, r u?
5. Goods to follow BOX: Yes, Cross it.
6. SETTLER (tariff item No. 9807.00.00): Check [Tick] that.

Good luck.
Qorax

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Hazel2010 said:
Qorax, you have become a household name. Every forum I have read Ur name always shines. I have immense respect for you n I really wish to meet you in future at Canada. Loads of thanks for sharing such valuable information and ur precious time to pen them down. I wish you all the best for ur future endeavors.

As of now, I live in NJ,USA I have all my marks cards and certificates. Can I get them evaluated in Canada or is there anythin else required to be done prior to it? I have checked some of the websites wherein they have mentioned tht they will not accept school or college records but nothing is mentioned as "transcripts in sealed envelopes" which I have come across quite often in different forums.

I am very confused... pls pls pls...help.
Hi,

Thanx. See the Credentials site [eg. WES], u don't need transcripts. All they need is the 'original' degrees & Marksheets. U can do it either from overseas or after landing. The time taken is 4-6 days, & in 'urgent case' [additional fees apply] u can get it in 24 hrs [though no guaranteed, but usually u get].

Relax, it is really that simple.

Good luck.
Qorax

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Cheapest & Best Mobile Network in Canada
Wind Mobile

Guys,

Contrary to wherever, whoever says whatever... take the Wind Mobile. It is the cheapest & damn good. Yes, they had initial teething troubles [all have in the start] reg. network strength & demographics... but now they r omni-present & their service is pretty good.

I'm with Wind, it costed me peanuts & till date I've no probs connecting with anyone -anywhere. They have 3 plans... 1]CAD17.50, 2]CAD35 & 3]CAD45 [Highly Recommended]. The CAD45 plan is the BEST. Unlimited calls all over Canada. No incoming charges. The CAD35 has limited calls & the CAD17.50 is for starters [limited facilities -NOT RECOMMENDED].

Moreover, till May they r offering 50% off for 6 months. So, I paid only CAD22.50 for the CAD45 Plan. And shall continue to pay CAD22.50 for another 6 months. After which it'll become CAD45.

This is just amorous, fantabulous, attractive & actually quite creative of Wind.

Regards,
Qorax

Note:
1. All the 3 plan rates [$17.5, $35 & $45] r PER MONTH charges.
2. The Wind Mobile is WITHOUT ANY CONTRACT
*. [for all other networks here u'll get into 3yrs contracts]
*Icing on the cake.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
mjm said:
Hello Qorax Again,

Regards,
MJM
The property valuation report will "not work". U must have funds in 'ready cashable' format. Else, u might be denied entry (DANGER].

Qorax