+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

samzar

Jan 7, 2014
xnista said:
:)

Once you reach Toronto remember to pick your welcome pack
http://welcomepackcanada.com/home/

It is not a matter getting free gift ... it is just heart warming in the middle of first hectic days :))
@xnista can you please tell from where we can collect this welcome pack. Thx

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hasni said:
dear emamabd, I have heard through a respectable forum member that current processing time has got nothing to do with the time that our PR card will take for processing, ..rather it only gives you an idea that PR card for someone who applied 69 days back got finalized today. We can not know about the processing time for our PR card until it is delivered to us. Do you agree !!
The posted processing time is something like an average for processing times of people who landed that long ago. Say if people who landed 69 days ago, half or more got PR cards already, they might post that the processing time is 69 days. The processing time could get longer or shorter between your landing and 69 days or your PR card might be faster or slower so you are right, the posted time does not guarantee that your card will drop in the mailbox in 69 days.

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
Hasni said:
dear emamabd, I have heard through a respectable forum member that current processing time has got nothing to do with the time that our PR card will take for processing, ..rather it only gives you an idea that PR card for someone who applied 69 days back got finalized today. We can not know about the processing time for our PR card until it is delivered to us. Do you agree !!
i'll tell you my experience and you can judge for yourself ...when i landed in February last year - CIC website showed "45 days" for pr card processing, and i received the 4 PR cards in exactly the 45th day. As they were 4 cards..i tend to believe the processing time is very accurate.

so in my opinion and from my personal experience the "days" mentioned at that time you landed - will be valid for your pr card processing ...unless there is a good reason for delay - i.e. issues with photos, incorrect address, or other issues such as a CIC strike, or any natural disaster - such as Alberta floods which happened last year for example (it surely affected those who landed in alberta)....etc

If for some reason it exceeds the posted processing time by more than a week, then its worth calling them to check.

Hasni

Champion Member
May 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
28.11.2013 by the grace of Allah SWT
emamabd said:
i'll tell you my experience and you can judge for yourself ...when i landed in February last year - CIC website showed "45 days" for pr card processing, and i received the 4 PR cards in exactly the 45th day. As they were 4 cards..i tend to believe the processing time is very accurate.

so in my opinion and from my personal experience the "days" mentioned at that time you landed - will be valid for your pr card processing ...unless there is a good reason for delay - i.e. issues with photos, incorrect address, or other issues such as a CIC strike, or any natural disaster - such as Alberta floods which happened last year for example (it surely affected those who landed in alberta)....etc

If for some reason it exceeds the posted processing time by more than a week, then its worth calling them to check.
i also tend to lean more towards your interpretation, perhaps because in my case it was posted 48 days for processing and I wish to have it within that time, no more delays...haha.
@leon, lets see if I get it the 48th day or 54th day to be realistic (adding six Christmas holidays), then we will have to agree with emamabd's interpretation :)

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
Hasni said:
i also tend to lean more towards your interpretation, perhaps because in my case it was posted 48 days for processing and I wish to have it within that time, no more delays...haha.
Its already 45 calendar days since you landed .... 3 more days to go, lets hope for the best ;)

nekeol

Champion Member
Nov 7, 2012
Waterloo region, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London/Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
1111 Accountant
App. Filed.......
25/9/2011
Doc's Request.
21/11/12
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
19/12/2013, after BGC
Med's Done....
7/1/2014
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
02/02/2014 - DM 11/2/14
VISA ISSUED...
14/02/2014
LANDED..........
Alhamdolillah Landed July 2014/Citizenship Applied in JAN 2018
[size=10pt]“When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us.”[/size]

Alexander Graham Bell

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
PR Card processing times are on CIC website:

(updated weekly usually, it's 69 days now, damn)
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-card.asp

Da_loyality36

Oct 28, 2013
Hi, i landed in toronto on the 19th of december 2013. I stayed in canada for 21 days and returned to the US. I am a student in the US. I have not received my pr card yet but i might have to go back to canada by the end of
jan 2014. I was wondering if i can cross into canada from buffalo with my copr and passport. And if i can, can i take a taxi or cross on foot ?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Da_loyality36 said:
Hi, i landed in toronto on the 19th of december 2013. I stayed in canada for 21 days and returned to the US. I am a student in the US. I have not received my pr card yet but i might have to go back to canada by the end of
jan 2014. I was wondering if i can cross into canada from buffalo with my copr and passport. And if i can, can i take a taxi or cross on foot ?
You can certainly cross on foot. I haven't yet heard of a person crossing the border in a taxi but I suppose you could if you find a taxi driver who wants the ride. You could rent a car if you have a drivers license.

Da_loyality36

Oct 28, 2013
Thanks leon for your quick response. Ok. Do i need any other extra documents with me though? My parents are still in toronto so i was just wondering.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Da_loyality36 said:
Thanks leon for your quick response. Ok. Do i need any other extra documents with me though? My parents are still in toronto so i was just wondering.
No, copr and passport are fine

at9459

May 30, 2009
Leon said:
Reporting means that the immigration officer believes that you do not meet the RO and they decide to report you for it. This is the first step to revoking your PR. If it happens, you will be given some paperwork by the immigration officer and you will be told that if you wish to keep your PR, you have 30 days to write an appeal, either proving that they were wrong and that you do meet the RO or appealing to them that you had humane and compassionate grounds for not being able to meet the RO. If you don't appeal, you lose your PR. If you appeal, you can stay in Canada while they process it which I have heard takes around 12-18 months. If you lose your appeal, you lose your PR and will be asked to leave. Time spent in Canada after being reported does not count towards the RO unless you win your appeal.
Is there a place where immigration officials are a bit lenient.
How about Edmonton/Calgary?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
at9459 said:
Is there a place where immigration officials are a bit lenient.
How about Edmonton/Calgary?
I don't know of a place where they are more lenient but many say that they are more lenient at the land border. However, it completely depends on the IO you get and how he or she is feeling that day.

NewbieMay

Star Member
Nov 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/05/2013
AOR Received.
02/05/2013
File Transfer...
02/06/2013
Med's Done....
04/2013
Passport Req..
05/11/2013
VISA ISSUED...
01/12/2013
LANDED..........
07/02/2014
i will be landing in ontario this feb. 7. my husband (canadian citizen) will be with me to pick me up from the philippines, we have a dog and we wanted to bting him over, is that a wise decision since i am just landing? can i not declare the dog and let my husband do all the claiming process? or would you suggest we pick up the dog some other time

at9459

May 30, 2009
if the principal applicant is able to meet the requirement of minimum 730 days but the dependent kids and wife are not able to meet the requirement of minimum 730 days ,does this affect the future of dependents in term of PR status?