+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

ASK

Dec 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 Oct 2009
AOR Received.
29 Jun 2010
File Transfer...
06 Jan 2010
Med's Request
09 Oct 2012
Med's Done....
20 Oct 2012
Passport Req..
04 June 2013
VISA ISSUED...
01 July 2013
LANDED..........
06 Oct 2013 (hopefully)
Manonthemove said:
Thanks for the info, I am from India.

The information on the http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/visiting/transit/visa/ is slightly ambiguous, hence can somebody from India who has traveled via Heathrow/London please confirm whether

The nationals of some countries are known as visa nationals, because they normally require a visa to come to the UK. These countries are listed under 'More information' below. Nationals of other countries are known as non-visa nationals.
You do not need a visa as a visitor in transit if:

you are a non-visa national; or
you hold a valid travel document issued by the UK government; or
you meet the 'transit without visa concession' - see 'More information' below.
Since you are immigrating to Canada, you don't need a transit visa even if your current nationality is Indian (Indian Nationals otherwise require a Direct Airside Transit Visa). See below what the UK Border Agency has so say:

'Transit without visa' concession - DATV exemptions

If you are a national of a country covered by the DATV system, you may be able to transit the UK airside without a visa. To qualify for this exemption:

- you must arrive and depart by air; and
- your onward flight must be confirmed, and must depart within 24 hours; and
- you have proper documentation for your destination, including a visa if necessary.

Additionally, you must hold:

1) a valid entry visa for Australia, Canada, New Zealand or the USA, and a valid airline ticket for travel via the UK, as part of a journey to or from one of those countries; or
2) a valid airline ticket for travel via the UK as part of a journey from Australia, Canada, New Zealand or the USA, if you are transiting the UK no more than 6 months after the date when you last entered Australia, Canada, New Zealand or the USA with a valid entry visa for that country; or
3) a valid USA I-551 permanent resident card issued on or after 21 April 1998; or
4) an expired I-551 permanent resident card issued on or after 21 April 1998, accompanied by an I-797 extension letter issued by the Bureau of Citizenship; or
5) a valid Canadian permanent resident card issued on or after 28 June 2002; or
6) a valid Australian or New Zealand residence visa; or
7) a valid uniform format category D visa for entry to a state in the European Economic Area (EEA); or
8 ) a valid uniform format residence permit issued by an EEA state under Council Regulation (EC) number 1030/2002; or
9) a valid UK residence card; or
10) a valid EEA family permit issued by the UK government; or
11) a diplomatic or service passport issued by the People's Republic of China; or
12) a diplomatic or official passport issued by India; or
13) a diplomatic or official passport issued by Vietnam.

Source: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/transitthroughtheuk/visa-transit-airside/

Hope it helps.

Manonthemove

Feb 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/03/2010
Doc's Request.
27/05/2010
AOR Received.
31/07/2010
Med's Request
11/11/2012
Med's Done....
29/11/2012
VISA ISSUED...
March2013
LANDED..........
God Willing Soon
Thanks a million "Ask" certainly helped in clarifying the doubt.

AAK

Jul 1, 2009
Please advise that below mobile will work in Canada.

Nokia 501 GSM : 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900

Q Mobile Frequency / Band 900/1800/1900

ASK

Dec 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 Oct 2009
AOR Received.
29 Jun 2010
File Transfer...
06 Jan 2010
Med's Request
09 Oct 2012
Med's Done....
20 Oct 2012
Passport Req..
04 June 2013
VISA ISSUED...
01 July 2013
LANDED..........
06 Oct 2013 (hopefully)
AAK said:
Please advise that below mobile will work in Canada.

Nokia 501 GSM : 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900

Q Mobile Frequency / Band 900/1800/1900
Nokia 501 supports 900 MHz and 1800 MHz only as per Nokia website (http://www.nokia.com/global/products/phone/asha501/specifications/). So, it will not work. There is some info I found in TripAdvisor about using your existing phone in Canada. If interested read thru...

Canada Cellular Phones (Mobile Telephones)

Mobile phone service, or cellular, or cell phone service in Canada is the same as the U.S.A., but different from that in the rest of the world.

If using your phone from home, roaming charges can be expensive. Check with you service provider if they offer any roaming packages.

Systems:

There are 2 basic systems, CDMA and GSM (including AWS, UMTS, HSPA, LTE). GSM is used in most of the world but the North American system uses different frequencies.

AWS / UMTS / HSDPA are regarding as 3G. LTE is 4G.

Foreign CDMA phone can only roam on Canadian networks. Please check with your own service provider at home regarding compatibility and rates. The following do not apply to these phones.

All networks in Canada currently support one or more of GSM / AWS / UMTS / HSDPA / LTE . North American GSM uses 850/1900 MHz , UMTS/HSDPA 850/1900 Mhz, LTE 1700/2600, AWS 1700/2100 frequencies, which are not compatible with phones used in most other parts of the world except USA.

If you have a phone from USA, it should be compatible with the Canadian networks.

From other countries, you must have a tri-band or quad-band GSM phone, or 3G phone supporting 1900Mhz to be compatible. AWS phones (other than the Google Nexus) are not usually sold outside North America. LTE from outside North America are not compatible but these phones usually have GSM frequencies that are still compatible.

If your phone is compatible, it must be UNLOCKED in order to use a local SIM card. Phones are usually locked so you can only use them with a SIM from the service provider or carrier who supplied the phone. Phones can be unlocked to accept SIMs from other carriers.

A pay-as-you-go SIM card is $10 from most major networks. If you have an iPhone, you can obtain a SIM card from Apple Store in Canada with special pricing.

Local calls are ~$0.30/min and Canada long distance ~$0.40/min

Source: http://www.tripadvisor.ca/Travel-g153339-c163066/Canada:Mobile.Phones.In.Canada.html

Canada_pr1

Star Member
Apr 8, 2010
Visa Office......
Buffalo-now- CPP ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2010
Doc's Request.
May 2010
AOR Received.
Nov 2010
IELTS Request
along with docs
File Transfer...
Apr 2011
Med's Request
Dec 2011
Med's Done....
Jan 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16 july 2013
VISA ISSUED...
26 July 2013(PP received 02 Aug 13)
LANDED..........
Hopefully next week
Qorax and seniors plz help.

I'M currently in Minnesota,USA. I've valid US visa till next year and plan to stay in US till I get a good job offer from canada. But I want to do landing and finish the PR/landing process. But can I do landing by driving and stay for few hrs and come back ? Or officers might create problem if I'm staying just for few hrs?
Also if I can do landing by driving, what all things I need to carry?

Please help me out here as I've plans to travel to my home country in few weeks so need to finish this this weekend if its possible.

Thanks.

Qorax, I've sent PM to you regarding the same.

prospective

Aug 27, 2009
Visa Office......
Islamabad
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-09-2009
Doc's Request.
23-11-2009
AOR Received.
26-04-2010
Med's Request
Oct 24, 2012
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2013
LANDED..........
September 2013
coolguy2010 said:
They will not ask photos and no form to be filled also for PR card
Relax and enjoy ur journey
Do we need to complete any form to present at the time of landing? I heard we need to complete a form for item we are carrying with us and items which will follow at a later date. Please give some details about the forms at the time of landing.

Ketevan

Mar 26, 2012
UK
Category........
Visa Office......
London (Federal), Paris (BIQ)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2011 (Quebec); 29-02-2012 (Federal), signed by KRSZWDA
Nomination.....
Interview letter received from BIQ (Paris) November 2011
AOR Received.
15-08-2011 (Quebec); 23-03-2012 (Federal, e-mail)
File Transfer...
19-04-2012 (London started processing)
Med's Request
12-06-2012 (delivered on 19-06-2012 by post)
Med's Done....
04-07-2012 (received by London on 09-07-2012, signed by IAN); appeared on ECAS on 31-07-2012
Interview........
06-02-2012 (got CSQ at Paris BIQ)
Passport Req..
30-07-12, but cancelled on 08-08-12 (additional background checks needed :o ) New passport req. - 05/11/12
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-12 (Passport submitted in person 15/11/12; Decision made and canadian address on ECAS 23/11/12; passport picked up in person 29/11/12).
LANDED..........
09-03-13, Montreal YUL
You need 2 copies of the lists of goods that accompany you and that will follow later (2 separate lists). You have to prepare it before landing. This must detail the item (including serial and model numbers, if applicable) and value in CAD. better to fill out customs B4 forms directly and attach good list as excel sheet.

prospective said:
Do we need to complete any form to present at the time of landing? I heard we need to complete a form for item we are carrying with us and items which will follow at a later date. Please give some details about the forms at the time of landing.

visaworld

Star Member
Jul 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
ndvo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
april2010
Doc's Request.
june2010
Med's Request
8 nov2012
@seniors

i have landed in july, now i have to go back urgent,can i go back without recieving my pr card.

MARCHIE

Jan 8, 2011
Vancouver ....Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC LONDON UK-----Transferred to PVO 7Feb 2013
NOC Code......
3152 ( Registered Nurse )
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26 May 2010
Doc's Request.
18 October 2010
Nomination.....
CHC London 15 Jan 2011...
AOR Received.
1st AOR 18 Oct 2010 / 2nd AOR 16 June 2011..
IELTS Request
All Done..
File Transfer...
PARIS OFFICE
Med's Request
13 March 2013
Med's Done....
10 April 2013
Interview........
Medicals Results Received 15 Aug 2013...
Passport Req..
29 Sep 2013 Submitted @ Abu Dhabi U.A.E
VISA ISSUED...
01 Oct 2013
LANDED..........
Celebrated White Christmas in Vancouver..2013.
Hi ASK,

Can you please advice.I completed my intial medical on 4 March were we informed our DMP that my 5 yrs son suffers from VSD (very small hole in the heart) he is not on any medication or treatment and we did some extra investigations as advised by the DMP.
After 1 month we again got a letter from PVO that please provide a letter from a heart surgeon that he will not require any medical surgery in 5-10 years we have provided that letter too.
its 1 month since we submitted that 2nd medical openion letter too.
we are still awaiting PPR from PVO...
nothing is moving...
any advice.

ASK

Dec 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 Oct 2009
AOR Received.
29 Jun 2010
File Transfer...
06 Jan 2010
Med's Request
09 Oct 2012
Med's Done....
20 Oct 2012
Passport Req..
04 June 2013
VISA ISSUED...
01 July 2013
LANDED..........
06 Oct 2013 (hopefully)
MARCHIE said:
Hi ASK,

Can you please advice.I completed my intial medical on 4 March were we informed our DMP that my 5 yrs son suffers from VSD (very small hole in the heart) he is not on any medication or treatment and we did some extra investigations as advised by the DMP.
After 1 month we again got a letter from PVO that please provide a letter from a heart surgeon that he will not require any medical surgery in 5-10 years we have provided that letter too.
nothing is moving...
any advice.
Hi Marchie,

I am sorry to learn about the VSD of your child. Hope there is nothing major as you mentioned he is not on any medication or treatment. Since you have given a positive second opinion too, his VSD should not have any impact on your case.

The delay seems to be normal these days for any action from any VO. I hope you must be aware of the recent strikes going on by some employees of some trade union. So, they must have deployed the available staff elsewhere. Even with full employees working, they are slow. Needless to say what happens with only a few in action.

I have noted that some others whose case got transferred along with yours are already in Canada. I guess, if there was no medical concern, who knows, you also might have completed your landing by now. But everything happens for a reason and for your good. Please give lots of love and regards to your 5 yr old son from me and my family. Hope he gets completely well without any surgical procedure as he grows older. God bless.

Regards,

ASK

Drizzles

Jul 19, 2013
Hi! My question is about flagpoling by air. I am already here in Canada and will do the landing. I am thinking of flagpoling but instead of crossing the border by land, i want to do it by air since I am holding a US visa. Do u think it is advisable to do this because I will be just staying in the USA for 1 day? My concern is more of the US side than the Canadian side. You think US customs will understand this procedure the same way US custom officers by the border do?
Thanks.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Drizzles said:
Hi! My question is about flagpoling by air. I am already here in Canada and will do the landing. I am thinking of flagpoling but instead of crossing the border by land, i want to do it by air since I am holding a US visa. Do u think it is advisable to do this because I will be just staying in the USA for 1 day? My concern is more of the US side than the Canadian side. You think US customs will understand this procedure the same way US custom officers by the border do?
Thanks.
I wouldn't call it flagpoling if you are going by air. The concept of flagpoling is going around the pole and coming back. Simply leaving Canada, arriving at the US border, turning around and going back.

What you are planning on doing is simply a day trip to the US. By air. I have no idea if the US border will give you trouble. They may think it strange that you are flying in just for a day but I suppose business people may do this for meetings once in a while. If you are asked, explain that you needed to leave and re-enter Canada for immigration purposes and that is was more convenient for you to fly than to travel to the border. Besides, depending on where you go and how long you are staying, you might want to do some shopping so you can tell them that.

Drizzles

Jul 19, 2013
Leon said:
I wouldn't call it flagpoling if you are going by air. The concept of flagpoling is going around the pole and coming back. Simply leaving Canada, arriving at the US border, turning around and going back.

What you are planning on doing is simply a day trip to the US. By air. I have no idea if the US border will give you trouble. They may think it strange that you are flying in just for a day but I suppose business people may do this for meetings once in a while. If you are asked, explain that you needed to leave and re-enter Canada for immigration purposes and that is was more convenient for you to fly than to travel to the border. Besides, depending on where you go and how long you are staying, you might want to do some shopping so you can tell them that.
Thank you very much Leon for the information and a very quick reply. :). I think i might just do that.

MARCHIE

Jan 8, 2011
Vancouver ....Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC LONDON UK-----Transferred to PVO 7Feb 2013
NOC Code......
3152 ( Registered Nurse )
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26 May 2010
Doc's Request.
18 October 2010
Nomination.....
CHC London 15 Jan 2011...
AOR Received.
1st AOR 18 Oct 2010 / 2nd AOR 16 June 2011..
IELTS Request
All Done..
File Transfer...
PARIS OFFICE
Med's Request
13 March 2013
Med's Done....
10 April 2013
Interview........
Medicals Results Received 15 Aug 2013...
Passport Req..
29 Sep 2013 Submitted @ Abu Dhabi U.A.E
VISA ISSUED...
01 Oct 2013
LANDED..........
Celebrated White Christmas in Vancouver..2013.
HI ASK,

Thanks for your encouraging words.
We hope that the lord has His own perfect timings for us.
God bless you too.

We are intending to land in Vancouver what about you ?

coolguy2010

VIP Member
Jun 28, 2010
UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
London to Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2010
Doc's Request.
23-10-2010
Nomination.....
09-06-2011
AOR Received.
09-06-2011
IELTS Request
6 Band
File Transfer...
01-03-2013
Med's Request
01-03-2013
Med's Done....
30-03-2013
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
20-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-05-2013
LANDED..........
06-08-2013
Hi marchie,

Wishing for u earliest PPR and u land soon

Regards
Cool
MARCHIE said:
Hi ASK,

nothing is moving...
any advice.