+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can use the B4 and B4A for both goods brought and goods to follow. You just check the box where it says goods to follow for those. You can find them here: http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/forms-formulaires/menu-eng.html

You can show all your bank accounts if you want to.

You should not need pictures for your PR card. They will use the pictures you gave them for your PR application.

You do not have to fill out a separate application for your first PR card. It gets applied for automatically as you land. You just have to give them an address to mail it to.

If they do not accept your address and you try to give them your friends address later and in case that doesn't work, if you are visa exempt to Canada, you can still fly on the strength of your passport. If you are not visa exempt, you can either enter by private/rented car or with a travel document. Make sure you ask the consulate as soon as you get back what their processing time will be. In some cases, it can be a few weeks and since they tend to be valid for 6 months, you could apply for it as soon as you come back so you would have it by January for sure.

Since you will be coming back to stay less than 6 months after you landed, you do not have to apply for the PR card when you arrive in January. You would simply call immigration and tell them you are back to stay and have an address now and they will process it.

You do not have to make an appointment at Service Canada.

I do not know if a bank will accept a cashiers check in US$. I think they probably would. However, you can also ask a bank in the US to issue a check in Canadian $ or you can bring travellers checks.

havs

Star Member
Aug 12, 2012
Mississauga
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
July 2010
LANDED..........
April 2014
:)very helpful information buddy, lot of thanks to u.

troyporter

Oct 26, 2007
Landed today and it was so quick, easy and smooth...the walking in the airport took longer than the actual landing process!

1) Initial Passport/Customs checkpoint
2) Immigration Canada
3) Welcome Desk
4) Customs Desk
5) Exit airport

scorpion_ca

May 31, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
troyporter said:
Landed today and it was so quick, easy and smooth...the walking in the airport took longer than the actual landing process!

2) Immigration Canada
3) Welcome Desk
4) Customs Desk
5) Exit airport
Did they ask you to show proof of funds?

thedon

May 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Qorax I have a question. A friend of mine from Canada is asking us to bring medicines for her goiter. We will be leaving this coming thursday. Is it ok for us to bring her medicines to Canada? Would customs look for prescription with my name on it?
What do you think is the best action for this. Thank you.

Thunder

Star Member
Feb 12, 2010
Visa Office......
London Visa office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2009
Doc's Request.
December 2009
AOR Received.
December 2009
IELTS Request
September 2009
File Transfer...
July 2010
Med's Request
Feb 2012
Med's Done....
Feb 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
PPR1....Dec 2012 PPR2......Jan 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 2013
LANDED..........
22 Feb 2013
Dear Qorax,
We did our(me and spouse) medicals in feb2012(Pakistan) and new born medical in september2012.Now waiting for PPR1 hope to come soon.Meanwhile my company is arranging Sales conference for 6 days in India in December2012.and company demanded my passport for visa processing which will take 55 days to process.should I submit passport or refuse to attend the conference?will this effect on my background checks?Please reply as i am worried. Regards

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thedon said:
Qorax I have a question. A friend of mine from Canada is asking us to bring medicines for her goiter. We will be leaving this coming thursday. Is it ok for us to bring her medicines to Canada? Would customs look for prescription with my name on it?
What do you think is the best action for this. Thank you.
No problem. My father in law brought his prescription medicine with him.

china_eyes188

Sep 3, 2012
Hi!

Finally got my immigrant visa today. Thank God!

I have some questions that i need some answers.

I have applied together with my spouse and I am planning to land in November and come back to UAE on early December. My spouse will travel to Canada on February of next year.

Question: Will I get my PR card even my partner did not land yet? My spouse is finishing his school term and will land when its his break from school. We will travel together to Canada for his landing formality.

Thanks much! This forum has really helped a lot of people.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
china_eyes188 said:
I have applied together with my spouse and I am planning to land in November and come back to UAE on early December. My spouse will travel to Canada on February of next year.

Question: Will I get my PR card even my partner did not land yet? My spouse is finishing his school term and will land when its his break from school. We will travel together to Canada for his landing formality.
If you are the primary applicant, you can land first. Your PR card will be processed if you give an address in Canada for it to be mailed to. However, it should take around 2 months to get it in the mail.

If you do not have an address in Canada where you can have it mailed to where someone will receive it and mail it to you, you can return to Canada again without a PR card if you apply for a PR travel document at the Canadian embassy where you are or if you are visa exempt to Canada, you can go without a travel document and just enter on your landing papers.

If you do need a travel document, you should apply for one as soon as you get back because they can take a while to process. They are however valid for 6 months so if you get it a bit earlier, you can be sure to have it before your 2nd entry in February.

PalNP

Mar 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 10
Passport Req..
August 13
VISA ISSUED...
September 13
Leon said:
If you are the primary applicant, you can land first. Your PR card will be processed if you give an address in Canada for it to be mailed to. However, it should take around 2 months to get it in the mail.

If you do not have an address in Canada where you can have it mailed to where someone will receive it and mail it to you, you can return to Canada again without a PR card if you apply for a PR travel document at the Canadian embassy where you are or if you are visa exempt to Canada, you can go without a travel document and just enter on your landing papers.

If you do need a travel document, you should apply for one as soon as you get back because they can take a while to process. They are however valid for 6 months so if you get it a bit earlier, you can be sure to have it before your 2nd entry in February.
Thanx Leon for such a fruitful infos.

Pal

tagore68

Oct 16, 2012
troyporter said:

2) Immigration Canada
3) Welcome Desk
4) Customs Desk
5) Exit airport
congratzzz.......nice to know

tagore68

Oct 16, 2012
china_eyes188 said:
Hi!

Finally got my immigrant visa today. Thank God!

I have some questions that i need some answers.

Thanks much! This forum has really helped a lot of people.
congratzzz....... :)

china_eyes188

Sep 3, 2012
Quote from: Leon on October 16, 2012, 11:53:31 pm

Thanks much for the reply!

cjlaila

Mar 23, 2011
Abu Dhabi
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 27.2011
Doc's Request.
sent all
AOR Received.
August 30.2011
IELTS Request
sent w/ application
Med's Request
February 2012
Med's Done....
March 2012
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
JUNE 15.2012 TNX GOD
VISA ISSUED...
Recieved pp after 5wks
LANDED..........
...IN SHAALA by October 2012
Hi,

We will be landing soon on Oct. 30. Where can I get the forms for landing and for sin application and goods to follow?
Can someone pls provide the link.
Thanks