+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

shola

Star Member
Apr 5, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-10-2009
Doc's Request.
01-11-2010
AOR Received.
23-12-2009
IELTS Request
01-11-2010
LANDED..........
12-11-2012
Hi qorax,after my passport got stamped with a pr visa on it ,I resigned frm my company ang got another job and this new company is keen on sending me to china for a training ,my intention is to go for the training and return to my home country before going to Canada. I received my visa for pr which is valid till next year Feb.the training is going to be btw 2 - 3 months.although I intend to come back to my country before traveling to Canada.pls I need ur advice

Christine08

Apr 13, 2012
Cebu, City Philippines 6000
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-December-2011
Doc's Request.
19-March-2012
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
19-February-2012
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
19-February-2011
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
02-October-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
letter date: 19-March-2012 received April 11,2012 in regular mail.
VISA ISSUED...
08-May-2012
LANDED..........
soon on September 26, 2012 YAAYY!!!!!
Hi everyone!

Im new to this thread and Im glad that I saw this one. Its gonna be helpful to know some information before my travel period starts. :)

sarimraza

May 23, 2012
Urgent ! Landing for dependents and PR status maintenance . . .

Dear All

Please help with following questions, especially Qorax . .

I have applied with spouse and one 2 year old child and going to send Right of Permanent residence fee

1. The total would be 490 + 490 + 150 USD ?

2. Suppose I the principal applicant land there alone -- and dependents dont travel at all on PR visa ? Does this mean only I will get PR card and they will not get it at all ? And in that case should i only send RPRF fees for only myself ?

3. Suppose all 3 land there and get PR cards -- but later only I or spouse is able to maintain the PR residency status requirements . . . Does that mean only that person will stay resident and later become citizen and others will lose their PR status ?

4. Suppose only 1 of the 3 is able to get citzenship ? Does this mean he then has to sponsor wife and child ? how long does this take ? and do the dependants have to be living in canada for this to take place ?

5. Suppose after getting our PR cards, spouse has baby in canada -- will baby be Canadian Citizen ?
In that case if the entire family does not reside in canada for the required 2 out of 5 years -- will the parents be able to keep their PR status, since they are parents of Canadian citizen living outside canada ?

6. If child is canadian citizen does he have to be 18 before he can sponsor parents ?

Thanks a lot

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Going..Canada said:
Thank you Qorax,
I hope so!
You are always ready to answer to our enquiries and always you give us hope and useful information, you are great friend. Thanks again!

Another problem :'(
I found another mistake: As I mentioned before I received the e-mail with the passport request last week. Today I noticed that the Application number in the subject line of the e-mail wasn't my Application Number.

Do you think that this is a copy/paste mistake of the officer OR in this phase of our process we are assigned a new file number?
I am sure that the e-mail is definitely for me, because the date of medicals mentioned in it is the same with mine.

"....We expect to receive the required documents within 30 days from the date of this e-mail. On receipt of the passports and correct RPRF, visas will be issued for entry to Canada before: 2x/3/2013...."

Any similar experience to share?
Once again, relax, u'd be fine.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
shola said:
Hi qorax,after my passport got stamped with a pr visa on it ,I resigned frm my company ang got another job and this new company is keen on sending me to china for a training ,my intention is to go for the training and return to my home country before going to Canada. I received my visa for pr which is valid till next year Feb.the training is going to be btw 2 - 3 months.although I intend to come back to my country before traveling to Canada.pls I need ur advice
As long as u "land" before ur PRV expires u r good... though it's advisable to land asap upon receiving the visas, why? -'coz there could always be a "slip between the cup and the lip"!

Qorax

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Re: Urgent ! Landing for dependents and PR status maintenance . . .

sarimraza said:
Dear All

Please help with following questions, especially Qorax . .

I have applied with spouse and one 2 year old child and going to send Right of Permanent residence fee

1. The total would be 490 + 490 + 150 USD ?

2. Suppose I the principal applicant land there alone -- and dependents dont travel at all on PR visa ? Does this mean only I will get PR card and they will not get it at all ? And in that case should i only send RPRF fees for only myself ?

3. Suppose all 3 land there and get PR cards -- but later only I or spouse is able to maintain the PR residency status requirements . . . Does that mean only that person will stay resident and later become citizen and others will lose their PR status ?

4. Suppose only 1 of the 3 is able to get citzenship ? Does this mean he then has to sponsor wife and child ? how long does this take ? and do the dependants have to be living in canada for this to take place ?

5. Suppose after getting our PR cards, spouse has baby in canada -- will baby be Canadian Citizen ?
In that case if the entire family does not reside in canada for the required 2 out of 5 years -- will the parents be able to keep their PR status, since they are parents of Canadian citizen living outside canada ?

6. If child is canadian citizen does he have to be 18 before he can sponsor parents ?

Thanks a lot
With ur this post we can understand that u r pretty much messed up on the PR/Cirizenship issues. Thus, w/out going thru ur numbered queries let me give u some inputs:

-RPRF is "only" for adults, kids go free. Thus, it'd be 490x2=$980 for both of u.
-If the spouse was part of the apps, u'd have to pay the RPRF for him/her irrespective of their landing.
-After landing each adult family member is on his/her own, reg. Maintenance of the PR.
-Ditto for the citizenship.
-For kids, as long as one parent stands eligible for citizenship - they pillion ride.
-For landing, all family members "must" land before their PRVs expire. Else, they'd lose their chance@PR.
-Once lost, the PA could "sponsor" them for fresh PR. It takes around 6-8 months. Needs time, efforts & money.
-All family members do not require to travel together... However, the PA must land first. Else, others would be denied entry.

Hope u get that now.

Good luck.

Qorax

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
leo16 said:
Hello,
Can neone temme that if we are taking funds more then 10000 CAD with us upon landing....wch form wld we have to fill...nd how is this form like?
cheers :)
This one:
http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/forms-formulaires/e311-eng.pdf

U'd receive it in the flight.
Qorax

vinpar

Star Member
May 21, 2011
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2011
Doc's Request.
all sent with the initial file
Med's Request
cleared
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
Issued March
LANDED..........
May- June hopefully
Hello Qorax Sir and other..
Thanks for all the help with information.. i landed few days back. It was pretty smooth at toronto airport.

Only thing i like to share is - if u already wire transferred u don't have to declare at the airport. As I started filling the form the Customs officer looked at the bank statement and said, wire transfer are not required to be reported at airport customs. My understanding - Banks report this to FinTrac.

Next day i checked the website to confirm - http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/security-securite/cbcr-dmte/faq-1-eng.html
(search for wire).

Cheers,

malikdabest

May 16, 2012
Hello Qorax Sir,
Khalil Malik here from Pakistan. I have submitted my passport for temporary work permit visa through fedx in sept, 2011. I am still waiting for the reponse. Its being more 7 months now and online tracking still says "your visa currently in process". can you please tell me the exact or estimated reponse time, since mentioned max Time on cic website is already lapsed.
Furthermore, i am totally unaware of the procedure, if any further documentation is still required??

Please guide the way forward

BR,
Malik

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
malikdabest said:
Hello Qorax Sir,
Khalil Malik here from Pakistan. I have submitted my passport for temporary work permit visa through fedx in sept, 2011. I am still waiting for the reponse. Its being more 7 months now and online tracking still says "your visa currently in process". can you please tell me the exact or estimated reponse time, since mentioned max Time on cic website is already lapsed.
Furthermore, i am totally unaware of the procedure, if any further documentation is still required??

Please guide the way forward

BR,
Malik
Hi,

U need to send a query to ur VO and check with them.

Good luck.

Qorax

Eimmae

Mar 3, 2012
Qoarax,
Hello again just want to ask is B4A forms is to be filled up individually or only one form for my husband and me? Tnx

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Eimmae said:
Qoarax,
Hello again just want to ask is B4A forms is to be filled up individually or only one form for my husband and me? Tnx
One form per family

1982nplindra

Aug 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi-India
NOC Code......
Ainp Family Stream
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2009
Doc's Request.
05-11-2010
Nomination.....
05-08-2011
AOR Received.
12-12-2011
IELTS Request
6.5 Already submitted
Med's Request
12-12-2011
Med's Done....
03-01-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2012
LANDED..........
Sooner.
Hai Qorax,
I have landed in AB on 26 April 2012.I have to fill forms to get permanent resident card or we will get our initial permanent resident card without filling any forms.I heared that our card is mailed to our postal address within three weeks. But i am not receiving mine card till now. so i am asking about all those...........please let me know whether i have to fill some forms or not.

Indra
AB

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1982nplindra said:
Hai Qorax,
I have landed in AB on 26 April 2012.I have to fill forms to get permanent resident card or we will get our initial permanent resident card without filling any forms.I heared that our card is mailed to our postal address within three weeks. But i am not receiving mine card till now. so i am asking about all those...........please let me know whether i have to fill some forms or not.

Indra
AB
You will received your initial card in the mail. Call CIC at 1-888-242-2100 to track your PR card now.

mmkcanada

Nov 15, 2011
PROOF OF LANDING FUNDS:

Can we bring US dollars draft instead of CAD $? as i have already my account in usd and its easier to issue USD draft.