+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nokiadesire said:
1. Do I declare the residential and commercial premises that I own in my home country (India) at the time of landing ?
2. Which form do I declare it in ?
3. If I sell it after landing in Canada, within what time frame do I get tax exemption on the monies received from the sale of the premise ?
No need to declare foreign properties if you are non-resident of Canada for tax purposes.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
nokiadesire said:
Dear Qorax,

Hope all is well :)

I have been following your posts but need an answer on this :

1. Do I declare the residential and commercial premises that I own in my home country (India) at the time of landing ?
2. Which form do I declare it in ?
3. If I sell it after landing in Canada, within what time frame do I get tax exemption on the monies received from the sale of the premise ?

Your answer would indeed be of great help to me as we are planning to land by the end of this month. :)

Thank You
Regards
Nokiadesire
Hi,

As Steaky correctly adviced...
1. There's no way u can... No format available for the same.
2. As above - Nothing.
3. Forever. U'll never be taxed on any money that u bring-in, from whatever sources.

Qorax

Suchet

May 9, 2012
Thanks Qorax.
This post has very important information.
I have a question :
I have my PR card. I filled up follow up list where I mentioned few things like clothes, books, jewelry etc. I did not mention any car because I had to come from India. But my husband got transfer from India to United States. We got car in US and we are using it for an year.
Now we are planning to move to Canada. What should we do to take our car to Canada (car is not mentioned in follow up goods list). Do I need to pay some taxes on it? Or there is some other procedure?
Please advise as soon as you can
Thanks

thejackson

May 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MAY 13,2010
Doc's Request.
22-11-2010
AOR Received.
27-10-2010
IELTS Request
Written Submission
File Transfer...
27-10-2010
Med's Request
19-04-2012
Med's Done....
03-05-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
16-07-2012
LANDED..........
27-07-2012
My dearest Brother QORAX
My dearest Brother LEON

Many thanks for being there for us.

Please I want you to consider the following scenario.

The principal applicant has landed in Canada. While waiting for other family members to come over to Canada, the wife had a baby in their home country. What and how can the mother, new baby come over to Canada?

Thank you sir

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thejackson said:
The principal applicant has landed in Canada. While waiting for other family members to come over to Canada, the wife had a baby in their home country. What and how can the mother, new baby come over to Canada?

Thank you sir
Best to have baby born in Canada, baby would have Canadian citizenship right away.

Otherwise, father or mother would have to mail an application in Canada to sponsor the baby to come to Canada as PR. Unless the baby would hold a visa exempted passport, the parents would have difficulty in bringing the child to Canada after it is born in home country.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
thejackson said:
My dearest Brother QORAX
My dearest Brother LEON

Many thanks for being there for us.

Please I want you to consider the following scenario.

Thank you sir
Hi,

The other family members (mom & baby) must enter Canada before their PRVs expire (the expiration date is mentioned there). If they do not - their PR will be lost and they cannot use their visas.

In such a scenario, the PA will have to apply afresh for both under the Family Class (Family Reunion) stream. A separate application, with it's own timeframe, efforts, stress & financial aspects. Usually though such apps complete their process in 6-8 months.

Note: For the FC stream the "sponsor" PA needs to reside inside Canada during the entire process. From apps filing till the dependents land.

Qorax

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Suchet said:
Thanks Qorax.
This post has very important information.
I have a question :
I have my PR card. I filled up follow up list where I mentioned few things like clothes, books, jewelry etc. I did not mention any car because I had to come from India. But my husband got transfer from India to United States. We got car in US and we are using it for an year.
Now we are planning to move to Canada. What should we do to take our car to Canada (car is not mentioned in follow up goods list). Do I need to pay some taxes on it? Or there is some other procedure?
Please advise as soon as you can
Thanks
If it's not on the B4 u might have to pay the import duties. However, u may try the ignorance card and make a fresh B4 (of all the goods, incl the car) and try passing them off as a "returning resident".

jazmatt

Dec 21, 2009
qorax said:
1. Form B4: One for the entire family. Yes, u have to fill, if there r goods accompanying & Goods to Follow.
2. PR Card form: Not required. The BSO at the airport will do the needful for entire family.
3. SIN Card form: Next day, at Service Canada office. Only for u & spouse. Kids, N/A.
4. OHIP (Med Card): N/A till 3 months from landing. No action now.
5. CTB: U'll be informed along with the PR cards. N/A now.

*Don't forget to take the Jewellry pics, if u r getting them.

Good luck.
qoraxplease help. Im just double checking, my husband has landed in Canada, does that mean that I do not need to fill up the B4?

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
jazmatt said:
qoraxplease help. Im just double checking, my husband has landed in Canada, does that mean that I do not need to fill up the B4?
No ma'am.
U just carry it's copy (stamped one) and he should be having the original, while waiting outside the a/port for receiving u. That is if he hasn't posted it back to u already, in which case u carry the same.

Qorax

vickyRocks

May 25, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Done 06 band in each and overall 6.5
Hi seniors, it is my first post and i hope every one can guide me better because due to this confusion i am postponing my mariage..

1; after landing after how long i will get my PR Card.
2; Can i come back to my country at the same moment the day i get my PR card or i have to wait there showing them that my marriage was not pre planned.
3; After PR card can i come to my home country and marry and take my spouse with me.

please try to answer.
Thanks in Advance

M Imran Kh

Star Member
May 3, 2012
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
May 2010
Med's Request
Feb 2012
Med's Done....
March 2012
Interview........
Not Requested Yet
Passport Req..
PPR1 = 09-2012, PPR2 = 10-2012
Vicky, Go to the first post by Mr. Qorax and read it thorougly. Their are several other post by Qorax which contains excellent information and i think this might help you up.

My least knowledge says that it take 45 working days to get your PR. if i am wrong please correct.

Their is no harm in traveling once you get your PR.

Your to be Wife arrival in canada might take some time.

Thanks

Imran

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vickyRocks said:
1; after landing after how long i will get my PR Card.
2; Can i come back to my country at the same moment the day i get my PR card or i have to wait there showing them that my marriage was not pre planned.
3; After PR card can i come to my home country and marry and take my spouse with me.
1. They take 39 business days right now so around 8 weeks.

2. You can go right away but if you marry soon after getting your PR, they might ask if you had lived with your spouse in a common law relationship before you got your PR. They ask that because if you did, you should have included her in your application.

3. You may go back and marry but if your spouse needs a visa to enter Canada, she will probably not get it. You can however try. If she can't get it, you must go to Canada alone and apply to sponsor her. This can take a few months or up to 2 years depending on your native country during which time you must continue to live in Canada. If you leave Canada for more than a short vacation during this time, they will cancel your application. You can find out more about sponsorship in the family section: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/family-class-sponsorship-b5.0/

vinpar

Star Member
May 21, 2011
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2011
Doc's Request.
all sent with the initial file
Med's Request
cleared
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
Issued March
LANDED..........
May- June hopefully
PR Card Application (IMM 5444E). -carry it filled pre-printed, for ease

Need some help filling this form. Is this required. I remember in this post mentioning to get this filled but in another post it is mentioned it is not required?

if it is required, have the below questions: Esp Q 21.

Q.21 Have you lived or traveled outside Canada in the last 5 yrs - Since this is firm time entry i have been away all 5 yrs. But these is not part of absensce !!!!
Q.22 the residency obligation - this does not apply to me.

Q 24 Solemn declaration of never received PR card. First time so never received.. but this section is confusing.

Q.1 Date you became a permanent residence in Canada - the date I land in canada?
Q.12 your current residential address in Canada - place I will be staying? What is the process if i change address within 2 weeks?
Q.14 your telephone no
Q.16 place you became a permanent residence - Toronto (place landing?)
Q.19 address history for the previous 5 years - Same as filled in the CIC application form.
Q.20 work history for the previous 5 years - same as filled in CIC application form

Thnx

GOGOGO

Jan 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo->New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2011
Doc's Request.
23-02-2012
AOR Received.
04-01-2012 (Email from Buffalo)
File Transfer...
02-02-2012 (Buffalo->New York: notified by email from Buffalo)
Med's Done....
18-01-2012
Passport Req..
11-04-2012; 23Apr: PP copy delivered at NY
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2012 (as per COPR); 4May: Decision Made on eCAS; 8May: COPR rcvd (Canada address)
LANDED..........
10-05-2012; 12May: Status in eCAS disappeared; 13Jul: PR Card rcv'd
PR Card Application (IMM 5444E) is no longer required to be filled out. The officer will do this for you at the point of entry.

Hi qorax, is it still possible to edit the OP so that it won't create confusion, because people generally only read the OP and may be a few recent ones but not the whole thread as it's 150 pages now?

vinpar said:
PR Card Application (IMM 5444E). -carry it filled pre-printed, for ease

thejackson

May 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MAY 13,2010
Doc's Request.
22-11-2010
AOR Received.
27-10-2010
IELTS Request
Written Submission
File Transfer...
27-10-2010
Med's Request
19-04-2012
Med's Done....
03-05-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
16-07-2012
LANDED..........
27-07-2012
Dearest QORAX
Dearest LEON

Hope you have a great weekend

My spouse and I intend to land first while. After two months, we want either my sister-in-law or mother-in-law to come with our children
Do you think the Visa Officer will grant visitor visa to either of them considering the fact that we are just two months old in Canada?

Thanks a million