+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

malladikarthik

Dec 5, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 4, 2010
Doc's Request.
October 8, 2010
AOR Received.
January 18, 2011
IELTS Request
Submitted
File Transfer...
May 15, 2012
Med's Request
August 1, 2013
Med's Done....
September 1, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
August 1, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
October 30, 2013
LANDED..........
June 4, 2014
Gussj said:
Dear Qorax and all,
I finally landed in Torotno Ontario.everything went so smooth,took less than 15 mins.
I was surprized, no one asked for POF whatsoever, I had to ask them if they neded it, and they said NO.

I just thought to mention that on the forum.

Thanks again
Guss
Congratulations on you successful landing in Canada.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Gussj said:
Dear Qorax and all,
I finally landed in Torotno Ontario.everything went so smooth,took less than 15 mins.
I was surprized, no one asked for POF whatsoever, I had to ask them if they neded it, and they said NO.

I just thought to mention that on the forum.

Thanks again
Guss
Welcome to Canada !
Yes, in every 10 cases 2-3 might not be asked that.

faithyou

Mar 8, 2011
Waterloo, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
MVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 8, 2011
AOR Received.
Sept. 2011
File Transfer...
Oct. 2011
Med's Done....
Dec. 2011
Passport Req..
January 2012, PPS Sent - February 2012
VISA ISSUED...
MARCH 2012 !!!
LANDED..........
already landed :))
just would like to share....

we just made our FORMAL LANDING AS IMMIGRANT here in canada... we just did the FLAGPOLING as advised by SIR QORAX & SIR LEON...We just parked our car before the bridge, then walked to the border, entered the US office,then they gave us a paper w/ "entry refusal to US" note, then walked back to CBSA office,then presto our pps were stamped & they'll just mail us our PR CARD...

Thank you very very much SIR QORAX & SIR LEON...you guys are really GREAT!!!GOD BLESS!!! ;D ;D ;D

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
faithyou said:
just would like to share....

we just made our FORMAL LANDING AS IMMIGRANT here in canada... we just did the FLAGPOLING as advised by SIR QORAX & SIR LEON...We just parked our car before the bridge, then walked to the border, entered the US office,then they gave us a paper w/ "entry refusal to US" note, then walked back to CBSA office,then presto our pps were stamped & they'll just mail us our PR CARD...

Thank you very very much SIR QORAX & SIR LEON...you guys are really GREAT!!!GOD BLESS!!! ;D ;D ;D
Congrats !

mmkcanada

Nov 15, 2011
Dear friends, waiting for yr. response on below mention quires.

I will be landing in vancouver in this june as FSW class,

At that time my son will complete his O-level , can you guide me in which class he will get admission in canadian education system his DOB is Jan-1996.

I have pakistani driving licence (issued in 1979) old book type (not a computrize one) , is it vaild for driving in Canada? or i required International licence?

Now a days how much time require to get PR in Vancouver?

Is it easy to get USA visa from Vancouver while my PR is under proces?

Can i move to Quebec for job after my landing in Vancouver? if yes any documents/NOC requir?

jazmatt

Dec 21, 2009
:D hey peeps,
I STILL HAVE PETTY QUESTIONS BEFORE WE GO. IS IT OKAY IF THE VACCINATION RECORD OF MY CHILDREN ARE INCOMPLETE?.I MEAN, THEY HAVEN'T COMPLETE THE VACCINATION As listed in the form given by the embassy with the visa. what should we do? we're departing on the end of the month and it doesnt give us enough time to complete the rest. thanks in advance!

vinpar

Star Member
May 21, 2011
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2011
Doc's Request.
all sent with the initial file
Med's Request
cleared
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
Issued March
LANDED..........
May- June hopefully
hi,
After arrival initially i plan to stay in a PG for 2/3 months before i move to an apartment. Will this be any problem in SIN card, OHIP card or PR card/ bank account (already opened from Scotia bank, need to activate)???? This is because I may not have an address proof.
Any potential issues?

Kindly advise.
Thnx much,

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
jazmatt said:
:D hey peeps,
I STILL HAVE PETTY QUESTIONS BEFORE WE GO. IS IT OKAY IF THE VACCINATION RECORD OF MY CHILDREN ARE INCOMPLETE?.I MEAN, THEY HAVEN'T COMPLETE THE VACCINATION As listed in the form given by the embassy with the visa. what should we do? we're departing on the end of the month and it doesnt give us enough time to complete the rest. thanks in advance!
Get the kid as many as u can before departing & leave the rest. Based on the inputs in that form s/he would receive the rest once u obtain ur health insurance here.

Qorax

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
vinpar said:
hi,
After arrival initially i plan to stay in a PG for 2/3 months before i move to an apartment. Will this be any problem in SIN card, OHIP card or PR card/ bank account (already opened from Scotia bank, need to activate)???? This is because I may not have an address proof.
Any potential issues?

Kindly advise.
Thnx much,
U should be fine.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
mmkcanada said:
Dear friends, waiting for yr. response on below mention quires.

I will be landing in vancouver in this june as FSW class,

1.At that time my son will complete his O-level , can you guide me in which class he will get admission in canadian education system his DOB is Jan-1996.

2.I have pakistani driving licence (issued in 1979) old book type (not a computrize one) , is it vaild for driving in Canada? or i required International licence?

3.Now a days how much time require to get PR in Vancouver?

4.Is it easy to get USA visa from Vancouver while my PR is under proces?

5.Can i move to Quebec for job after my landing in Vancouver? if yes any documents/NOC requir?
Hi,

1. Pls. read my thread on School Admissions.
2. Pls. read my thread on Driving License.
2a) For interim driving u'd require an IDP.
2b) For wait-pd waiver u'd need the LOA.
3. Typically PR cards take around 6-8 weeks anywhere.
4. US would like to see ur residential ties in Canada & ur earnings before giving u a visa.
5. Once a PR u r free to move between then provinces, for job, business, travels, settling, whatever.

All the best.

nokiadesire

Champion Member
Jun 5, 2011
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
May 2012
Dear Qorax,

Hope all is well :)

I have been following your posts but need an answer on this :

1. Do I declare the residential and commercial premises that I own in my home country (India) at the time of landing ?
2. Which form do I declare it in ?
3. If I sell it after landing in Canada, within what time frame do I get tax exemption on the monies received from the sale of the premise ?

Your answer would indeed be of great help to me as we are planning to land by the end of this month. :)

Thank You
Regards
Nokiadesire