+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

deex

Star Member
Aug 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
with appli
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
with appli
File Transfer...
May 2011
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
March 2012
qorax said:
-If it's the same a/line - the baggage gets thru to the next flight automatically.
-If there's a carrier change - there could be a reCheck-in.
-With an Intl A/line to Air Canada it'd be an Intl to Domestic transfer - thus u'd have to perform the task again.
Thanks for the answer.

Will the customs check for me happen at Edmonton or Toronto?

Thanks again

lika

Star Member
Jun 13, 2011
Chennai
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2010
AOR Received.
02-03-2011
IELTS Request
Sent with initial application
File Transfer...
02-03-2011
Med's Request
26-04-2011
Med's Done....
07-05-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-04-2011 (PCC and PP submitted June 2nd)
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 12, 2011
LANDED..........
April 2012
Thank you Qorax for the immediate reply for my PM. You do not know how much it helps having such a reliable person in the forum who can clarify doubts at anytime. Thank you again. Lika

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
lika said:
Thank you Qorax for the immediate reply for my PM. You do not know how much it helps having such a reliable person in the forum who can clarify doubts at anytime. Thank you again. Lika
Thanx.
And kindly do that urself (to others) when the time comes.

lika

Star Member
Jun 13, 2011
Chennai
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2010
AOR Received.
02-03-2011
IELTS Request
Sent with initial application
File Transfer...
02-03-2011
Med's Request
26-04-2011
Med's Done....
07-05-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-04-2011 (PCC and PP submitted June 2nd)
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 12, 2011
LANDED..........
April 2012
qorax said:
Thanx.
And kindly do that urself (to others) when the time comes.
Yes will do.

cofeemug

Star Member
Aug 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'll land in toronto on 15 april and stay here till 19 and at day end (18:45) we'll move to saskatoon which our final destination. Can I apply for SIN no here in toronto? Or we should wait till we reach in SK.

sam pk

Dec 30, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-07-2012
cofeemug said:
I'll land in toronto on 15 april and stay here till 19 and at day end (18:45) we'll move to saskatoon which our final destination. Can I apply for SIN no here in toronto? Or we should wait till we reach in SK.
Dear it would be at your destination

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cofeemug said:
Wait until your destination. You get the number right away when you apply and there is no reason why you would need it during your 4 day stay in Toronto.

vinpar

Star Member
May 21, 2011
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2011
Doc's Request.
all sent with the initial file
Med's Request
cleared
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
Issued March
LANDED..........
May- June hopefully
Hi Qorax,

First of all thanks for this excellent posting from you. amazing job.

I am planning to land first followed by my family after few months. What is a GTF that I need to send a copy to my dependents.

I have opened a bank account from India with Scotia bank toronto and I have got the a/c details. They give an option to carry out 1 wire transfer from India before travelling. Will this proof of wire transfer be accepted as POF at POE?

Thanks,
vinpar

qorax said:
Hi,

1. Those documentary requirements r for the PA, when s/he 'lands' [enters Canada for the first time]. Subsequent entries by the family members do not have to demonstrate anything. They'd require a stamped copy of the GTF though, if they r bringing-in anything of high worth. It's the GTF which u already declared upon ur 1st entry, u should email a copy of it to ur dependents.

2. Ditto as above.

3. They do not require to demonstrate anything, not the POF too... it also won't be asked.

Good luck!
Qorax

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
vinpar said:
Hi Qorax,

First of all thanks for this excellent posting from you. amazing job.

I am planning to land first followed by my family after few months. What is a GTF that I need to send a copy to my dependents.

I have opened a bank account from India with Scotia bank toronto and I have got the a/c details. They give an option to carry out 1 wire transfer from India before travelling. Will this proof of wire transfer be accepted as POF at POE?

Thanks,
vinpar
1. Goods to Follow list. Pls read my thread on form B4 to know more.
2. Yes, it'd be fine, as long as u have the current Scotiabank's statement alongwith u.

mats

Nov 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2011
AOR Received.
18-03-2011
Med's Done....
18-03-2012
Passport Req..
Sent 19-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-Mar-2012
LANDED..........
12-July-2012
Will gold biscuits be accepted as proof of funds? I have gold biscuits of 50 grams.

cofeemug

Star Member
Aug 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Leon said:
Wait until your destination. You get the number right away when you apply and there is no reason why you would need it during your 4 day stay in Toronto.
Thanks a lot sam pk & leon. May almighty bless u.

abhishekgoel007

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2011
Canada > Alberta > Calgary
hello, i have recently got my pr, iam gonna land in toronto next week, i wud like to know few things about proof of funds,,,,

my situation: iam gonna carry 3000 to 4000 canadian dollars in cash,,,,and i feel thts more thn sufficient for my survival for few months.

so according to immigration officer, i have to show proof of more thn 11,115.

if i carry remaining amount in cheque (not travellers cheque) will that be acceptable, if yes thn wat type of check,, cheque from my indian bank account or for eg cheque from my dads account or someone else account to my name. cheque will be in my name

bcoz im not gonna need tht cheque, so i can tear it off once i complete the immigration check, what if i carry demand draft or travellers cheque and ask my family members in india to cancel tht,is that possible for them to do it in india without me, remember i will not come to bank to india for sometime, so someone in india shud be able to cancel that, thts why i wanna carry cheque so i can tear it off once all done.
according to below cheque should be acceptable? plz help me

Disclosure of funds

If you are carrying more than C$10,000, tell a Canadian official when you arrive in Canada. If you do not tell an official, you may be fined or put in prison. These funds could be in the form of:

cash
securities in bearer form (for example, stocks, bonds, debentures, treasury bills) or
negotiable instruments in bearer form (for example, bankers' drafts, cheques, travellers' cheques or money orders).

purpul

Star Member
Jul 23, 2011
abhishekgoel007 said:
hello, i have recently got my pr, iam gonna land in toronto next week, i wud like to know few things about proof of funds,,,,

my situation: iam gonna carry 3000 to 4000 canadian dollars in cash,,,,and i feel thts more thn sufficient for my survival for few months.

so according to immigration officer, i have to show proof of more thn 11,115.

if i carry remaining amount in cheque (not travellers cheque) will that be acceptable, if yes thn wat type of check,, cheque from my indian bank account or for eg cheque from my dads account or someone else account to my name. cheque will be in my name

bcoz im not gonna need tht cheque, so i can tear it off once i complete the immigration check, what if i carry demand draft or travellers cheque and ask my family members in india to cancel tht,is that possible for them to do it in india without me, remember i will not come to bank to india for sometime, so someone in india shud be able to cancel that, thts why i wanna carry cheque so i can tear it off once

Hi i have same question regarding landing, iam planning to land in April 5, my questions are
how to manage POF, my bank will give me check on my name can be deposited in any bank, how much i can carry with me.
Regarding baggage list how to make it along with gold.
Any other forms require during landing.
Secondly wana travel to USA on visit visa after landing ( after 20 days)
which is nearest international airport calgary.
according to below cheque should be acceptable? plz help me

Disclosure of funds

If you are carrying more than C$10,000, tell a Canadian official when you arrive in Canada. If you do not tell an official, you may be fined or put in prison. These funds could be in the form of:

cash
securities in bearer form (for example, stocks, bonds, debentures, treasury bills) or
negotiable instruments in bearer form (for example, bankers' drafts, cheques, travellers' cheques or money orders).

purpul

Star Member
Jul 23, 2011
please let me know about POF how much cash i can carry with me.
Any other forms needs to fill before landing while travelling.
how to make list of goods carry with me.
how to travel from calgary to USA ( visit visa)