+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

Oct 20, 2011
Re: LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know. SENIOR MEMBERS PLS. HELP

Hi steaky,

I presented my prospective employer three documents: Passport, SIN and COPR but theyr'e insisting they need the PR card for back check. I hope I could secure a letter from CIC that the PR card will arrive soon otherwise, my job offer will be cancelled.

i called the number 1-888-242-2100 then i pressed 1,1,2,0 to speak with a call center agent but they keep on replying that all agents are busy. I'm just getting worried each day.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know. SENIOR MEMBERS PLS. HELP

Team Vancouver said:
Hi steaky,

i called the number 1-888-242-2100 then i pressed 1,1,2,0 to speak with a call center agent but they keep on replying that all agents are busy. I'm just getting worried each day.
Keep trying. I been able to get through between 2 to 3 pm PT or early in the morning. Wish you get the job.

nitinkalra99

Star Member
Jun 2, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: LANDING IN CANADA ??? - Qorax I NEED YOUR ADVICE.

Akrum66 said:
Being a Pharmacist and a permanent resident visa holder from Pakistan I want to know that
1) if it will take about 2-3 years in Canada in getting Pharmacist License then what what will be the most suitable job or work to do in Canada during this period.
2) What is the most suitable way to take funds and then invest in Canada.

Please guide, specially those who have already passed through this experience
A survival job until the time you gate a job in your field of specialization depends on many things like your timings, study period, interest and the place where who choose to live. Working in some store or office is something which you 'd easy to find in your neighborhood. I would suggest getting in touch with some settlement agency to get a professional and a more local help.

I would recommend carrying a DD as its the easy, safe and liquid at the same time. If you have 1+ month then you can try opening bank account form your home country (if it has any Canadian Bank) otherwise opening account from Canada takes 1 hour at the most.

HTH

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
nilima_guha said:
Hello Mr.Qorax,

I am 41 years old and have 1 daughter, age 5+ and my husband (41 years). My husband working in hospitality industry. He worked in Dubai ( last as Resident Manager in Seashell Inn Hotel)(about 14 years till Nov,2009) and returned to India. At present he is working as DGM in a 4 star hotel. Both of we have completed our Bachelors from India (Kolkata). I have worked in India initially as Secretary, thereafter as Business Development Officer and at the same time run my own export-import trading business before my marriage. I got married and shifted in Dubai with my husband, there I worked about 4 1/2 years in the same export-import-general trading job. AS my husband returned in India, so I also have to return with my kid.

It was my dream since my childhood to get PR in Canada , so when I was going through the website and find so many valuable advises of you for others, so I thought if I can get your valuable advise for me, it will be very helpful for me. I need your advise for following matters :-

1> Honestly advise whether it will be a correct decision for me to apply for PR or not ?
2> If yes, whom you are advising to be the first applicant ( meant sponsor) me or my husband ?
3> I heard there have so many agent in these. Are they really trustworthy ? if you know anyone please give details of them.
4> What will be the fastest way for the same ? Because my daughter is already 5+ I want to set her education first.
5>From the website I understood for we three ( me, huband and kid) have to show around INR 12,00,000. Is it correct ? Pls confirm.
6> Do you think , in Canada there have enough job opportunities in hospitality as well as in trading sector, pls advise.

I am sorry, I asked a lot of questions to you. Thank you and take care, Nilima
1. Immigrating is a life changing decision... this should be taken based on many factors -- all personal... so u'd be the best judge.
2. Either of the spouses could be -- based on who could 'qualify' in the 29 List [or other streams]... & could get the max points.
3. Some r while some aren't. The owners of this site r very reliable.
4. Currently FSW is the fastest [if everything goes fine].
5. Check the Proof of Funds thread.
6. Yes.

Qorax

Oct 20, 2011
Hi Qorax and Steaky,

I went to an immigrant service provider in Vancouver and they will offer free legal aide. The legal aide will try to call and explain to my employer that I can start working even without the PR card. Do you find this move correct?

Thanks

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Team Vancouver said:
Hi Qorax and Steaky,

I went to an immigrant service provider in Vancouver and they will offer free legal aide. The legal aide will try to call and explain to my employer that I can start working even without the PR card. Do you find this move correct?

Thanks
For some unfathomable reason your prospective employer seem to be fixated on the PR card issue. Which s/he shouldn't be 'coz it's immaterial to the recruiting process. If otherwise selected the employer needs only the SIN ['No.', not the 'Card' too]. The PR card only demonstrates that u r indeed a PR -- which your 'landing papers' do as well... if that's what s/he is interested to know. And that any HR manager would realize/identify.

I feel your prospective employer is disambiguated on the whole process, which is why s/he might be adamant on a frivolous issue. Which legally is untenable - & a candidate could sue them for that.

Back to your query -- Yes, go ahead with that ISP assistance... this could be your only recourse.

Good luck.

Qorax

Ddesai

Apr 19, 2011
Hey Qorax or seniors,
I have some questions regarding lending in Canada . I am pharmacist and my wife is physiotherapist.
Our PR file got approved in sep 2011. Now I read some of the threads in this forum regarding a landing in Canada, the first post is incredible helpful so thanks a million to qorax .
I am indian citizen and my wife is a principle applicant. I was in USA when I filed but my wife was in india. And now I am in india and coming to Canada with my wife.
My questions are
(1) I have a bank account in American bank and they said I can transfer directly there in Canada, and this amount is more than 20,000 us $ . my question is do I have to tell Canadian officer about this ? because this money is not in form of cash or money order or draft ?

(2) Is there any minimum amount I have to take with me ? like 14,000 ? for both of us

(3) Is there any form I have to fill from here ? like B4 or B4A

(4) I am taking all the kitchen utensils with me do I have to write down there price in canadian $ ?

(5) There is a limit like less then 10000 is it for each person? So both of us can be a less then 20000 ? they will ask as separately ?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ddesai said:
My questions are
(1) I have a bank account in American bank and they said I can transfer directly there in Canada, and this amount is more than 20,000 us $ . my question is do I have to tell Canadian officer about this ? because this money is not in form of cash or money order or draft ? It doesn't hurt to declare the money! You don't have to tell them if you are not bringing the funds on day of landing, but you have to declare if you are bringing more than $10,000 on day of landing

(2) Is there any minimum amount I have to take with me ? like 14,000 ? for both of us Yes, $13,837

(3) Is there any form I have to fill from here ? like B4 or B4A You will be given a form in the plane to declare the money, if applicable

(4) I am taking all the kitchen utensils with me do I have to write down there price in canadian $ ? Yes

(5) There is a limit like less then 10000 is it for each person? So both of us can be a less then 20000 ? they will ask as separately ? There are no limit for first time immigrants. 10,000 is the limit for returning residents only.

M2C

May 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi qorax and seniors!

we need your advise on our landing plans.

we would like to make our landing in december (during school holidays) and stay only for 2 weeks. we will go back to canada in july after school. obviously, we would like our children to finish their schooling here before going to canada to settle. besides and more importantly, we've got work commitments to finish, thus the plan to make a landing and come back.

our questions are as follows:

1. when we go back in july next year to settle for good, are we required to present our proof of funds once again?

2. if my wife goes back by herself in march, is she required to present any proof of funds?

3. is 2 weeks enough time to do what's needed - get SIN, open bank account, etc?

your wise advise will once again be greatly appreciated.

thanks and warmest regards.

m2c

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
M2C said:
our questions are as follows:

1. when we go back in july next year to settle for good, are we required to present our proof of funds once again?

No

2. if my wife goes back by herself in march, is she required to present any proof of funds?

No

3. is 2 weeks enough time to do what's needed - get SIN, open bank account, etc?

You can get the SIN number instantly but the SIN card will take a couple of weeks to arrive by post. If you have an address (friends) you can give for the mailing of your SIN card and PR card, you will be fine. Bank account you can open in a day.

WPG Canada 11

Star Member
Oct 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
ABU DHABI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/01/2010
Nomination.....
24/12/2009
AOR Received.
20/02/2010
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
01/06/2011
Med's Done....
17/07/2011
Passport Req..
17/08/2011
VISA ISSUED...
23/08/2011
Dear Qorax

I am provincial nominee (Business class) and will be doing my landing soon to canada.
Just want to know if Fund proof required for my case same as others and what is the minum im amount i should hold in cash.
My family is me my wife and 2 kids below 11years.

Thanks.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
WPG Canada 11 said:
Dear Qorax

I am provincial nominee (Business class) and will be doing my landing soon to canada.
Just want to know if Fund proof required for my case same as others and what is the minum im amount i should hold in cash.
My family is me my wife and 2 kids below 11years.

Thanks.
In the BC programme there's no requirement to disclose the settlement funds@the POE [as with the case of FSW or others]. However, there r investment declarations, which u r already aware of... some info while/after landing for the BC cases r here:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/business/investors/apply-after-invest.asp

Qorax

charkei

Star Member
Oct 9, 2011
Dipolog City
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-12-2010
AOR Received.
08-03-2011
File Transfer...
30-03-2011
Med's Request
07-07-2011
Med's Done....
27-07-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
30-09-2011
VISA ISSUED...
24-10-2011
LANDED..........
21-01-2012
Hi Seniors & Mr. Quorax.

I just received my PR visa last October and I'm bound for Ontario this coming January. May I ask about the declaration of POF? Me and my partner are required to bring at least 13k cad in Canada. In our case, we don't have that money much. We only have 6k cad available to bring with us and we are planning to lend the rest. It is too risky for us to bring the money which is not ours. So, we plan to put it in our account here in the Philippines those money that we lend and have another person to have the access to our account together with an affidavit of a lawyer showing that he can send the money to Canada if ever we wanted to and also for the main purpose of sending it back to the lending company the money that we borrow if we are already in Canada. We will only bring the bank certificate showing the money in our account which is in peso currency. Putting our borrowed money in a bank draft is not a good option for us. They've said that it is only available in the bank of Manila (BPI Paseo de Rosa) where it is not accessible to us. Are we taking a risky step??? Please help us.

rayan oulad hammadi

Star Member
Sep 19, 2011
tetouan
Category........
Visa Office......
rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi guys
hi qorax
i did my landing last week after recieving my passport from buffalo.im working with the company who give me the sponsorship under the pnp.but now after landing i need to go for a vocation out side canada.pleese helpe me if there s any problem about my pr card if i resigne now.and after landing im a permanent resident or i have to wait my pr card