+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

Crillz

Star Member
Jul 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/05/2011 (Refiled due to IO mistake)
File Transfer...
12/05/2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18/07/2011
VISA ISSUED...
02/08/2011
LANDED..........
04/09/2011
rslcanada said:
US Immigration officer will be the one to get your US I-94, my case they didnt get it since I will be returning in 2wks to US after my formal landing in Canada. But in some other case, when I went out for a long (3-4 mos) vacation outside US, they removed my I-94 & if they didnt I should be the one to surrender it before boarding the plane. Once, I forgot to surrender my I-94 & when I came back to US they told me to mail my old I-94 & next time it is my duty to surrender once they miss it.
I understand it is my duty to surrender it. My issue was I was crossing the border by land and when coming back to Canada to land the i-94 wasn't taken from my passport by the Canadian border officers and I was so flustered to be finally landing that I forgot to give it to them.

My question is more related to the burden of proof on me to show I left the US, and what others have used to prove this. I had planned on including a copy of my copr, passport stamp, goods accompanying. All which show I re-entered Canada on the same day. Hopefully that will be enough, but I was wondering if others had done the same.

rslcanada

Jan 7, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2010
Doc's Request.
06-04-2010
AOR Received.
29-07-2010 (2nd) Ecas In Process 28-09-2010
File Transfer...
16-04-2010
Med's Request
04-10-2010 received in mail
Med's Done....
09-10(Oct)-2010 @ CT,USA
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
May 30'11; PP sent June 9/ rcvd by CIC June 14,2011
VISA ISSUED...
June 20 & DM/received PP June 28, 2011
LANDED..........
August 7, 2011 via Winnipeg, MB stayed for 2wks & be back on July 2012
Crillz said:
I understand it is my duty to surrender it. My issue was I was crossing the border by land and when coming back to Canada to land the i-94 wasn't taken from my passport by the Canadian border officers and I was so flustered to be finally landing that I forgot to give it to them.

My question is more related to the burden of proof on me to show I left the US, and what others have used to prove this. I had planned on including a copy of my copr, passport stamp, goods accompanying. All which show I re-entered Canada on the same day. Hopefully that will be enough, but I was wondering if others had done the same.
I was given a form & I attached my I-94 & mailed to US Homeland Security.... actually I already forgot to surrender my I-94 twice in 2 occassions but the other one they just simply removed the old I-94 & replaced with a new one when I re entered US.

Just check US Homeland website for such case & where to mail your I-94.

RSL

karsatjaya

Star Member
Sep 10, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
11-06-2011
I landed in Toronto and came back to US using AVR rule . When I was driving back to US the US Immigration officer near the US border taken my old I-94 (White) and asked me to use the I-94 which is attached to the I-797. When I specifically asked for new I-94( White) they told that I need to use the I-94 which is attached to the I-797. So I kept quite and came back.

Thanks

prmalr

Jul 16, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
karsatjaya said:
I landed in Toronto and came back to US using AVR rule . When I was driving back to US the US Immigration officer near the US border taken my old I-94 (White) and asked me to use the I-94 which is attached to the I-797. When I specifically asked for new I-94( White) they told that I need to use the I-94 which is attached to the I-797. So I kept quite and came back.

Thanks
dear karsatjaya, what it means by AVR rule ? pls could you ..
thanks.

M2C

May 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi qorax!

someone posted here that they will destroy in front of you any fake jewelry that you will bring in or something.

that brings to my mind the question of imitation clothes, bags, watches or shoes. do you know the restrictions? are we allowed to bring in a fake LV bag for example? a brand new one may not be allowed...but what about a used one?

or if it is indeed brand new, what should be done? declare as an authentic item? because for sure, if declared as an imitation product, they will definitely confiscate it, right?

and for as long as one has a few items only, they wouldn't mind so much, would they? if it's a long list of luxury items, then baggage will definitely be searched, won't it?

actually, we don't have it any imitation luxury item with us. maybe 1 or 2 branded items. but hardly luxury. but i'm still curious about the restrictions on imitation products. i heard from travellers to europe that they cannot bring in brand new imitation products. i wonder if the same applies in canada. it would be good to know as we would be landing soon, God willing...

arjignesh

Jan 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
27-10-2011
LANDED..........
27-03-2012
M2C said:
hi qorax!

someone posted here that they will destroy in front of you any fake jewelry that you will bring in or something.

that brings to my mind the question of imitation clothes, bags, watches or shoes. do you know the restrictions? are we allowed to bring in a fake LV bag for example? a brand new one may not be allowed...but what about a used one?

or if it is indeed brand new, what should be done? declare as an authentic item? because for sure, if declared as an imitation product, they will definitely confiscate it, right?

and for as long as one has a few items only, they wouldn't mind so much, would they? if it's a long list of luxury items, then baggage will definitely be searched, won't it?

actually, we don't have it any imitation luxury item with us. maybe 1 or 2 branded items. but hardly luxury. but i'm still curious about the restrictions on imitation products. i heard from travellers to europe that they cannot bring in brand new imitation products. i wonder if the same applies in canada. it would be good to know as we would be landing soon, God willing...

No dear You have taken in wrong context..the question was raised by me that how many time you can bring gold or any precious jewelery and the answer was only one time but if you have mentioned in your forms at the first time landing you can take it any time.

Than some body replied that if you take it second time which you have not mentioned before and you will say this is imitation for saving tax at port they may break it..so you will pay the tax..

but as far as luxuries goods you can take it any amount and any no at first time...so don worry

Captain will more clarify if m wrong..

regards,

jimmy_kallarackal

Star Member
Apr 26, 2011
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 29 2010
Med's Request
March-16-2011
Med's Done....
April-18-2011
Passport Req..
18-May-2011
VISA ISSUED...
22-June-2011
LANDED..........
27-Oct-2011
Travel currency card of local bank is valid for proof of fund with statement and also the same card can be used at airport too.. for withdrawing and taking mini statement and proving it...

jang

Star Member
Jan 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2009
Doc's Request.
22-01-2010
AOR Received.
28-06-2010
File Transfer...
28-07-2010
Med's Request
20-08-2010
Med's Done....
02-09-2010
Qorax,

I had an issue with my photo and hence my PR card is yet to arrive. It had been five months. I have not even received the red letter where they let me know which office to go to.

Do you have the contact phone number for outside Canada people to inquire about delays in issuing PR cards?

Your timely reply is much appreciated as I am going to Toronto this month and would like to sort this out during that time.

Thx,
jang.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jang said:
Do you have the contact phone number for outside Canada people to inquire about delays in issuing PR cards?
Dial this number: Dial 00-1-613-9444-000 Slect option 1-2-1-2-1-0(zero for agent)

finger121

Sep 11, 2011
Hi Qorax,

I am leaving to toronto soon , just wanted to ask you a few questions .

1. Do i need to apply for a health card ? unlike the SIN card
2. I am planning to carry a electric rice cooker from here - will it work in canada
3. I am planning to carry an Iron Box to iron my clothes , will it work in canada

and i hope i can carry them in my luggage ?

kindly reply on the same .

regards,
Finger

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
finger121 said:
Hi Qorax,

I am leaving to toronto soon , just wanted to ask you a few questions .

1. Do i need to apply for a health card ? unlike the SIN card
2. I am planning to carry a electric rice cooker from here - will it work in canada
3. I am planning to carry an Iron Box to iron my clothes , will it work in canada

and i hope i can carry them in my luggage ?

kindly reply on the same .

regards,
Finger
1) If you would be staying Ontario for more than 6 months, yes apply the health card & SIN card
2) As qorax would said, most asian sold appliances doesn't work in Canada, so don't bring. rice cooker & iron are easily buyable and cheaply available.

doc

Jul 24, 2009
Hi, Qorax,

Can you guide me about the goods to follow. Can we book the goods to follow by cargo. My brother can book for me after I do my landing in Calgary, as I do not plan to go back to my country in near future.

Doc

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
doc said:
Hi, Qorax,

Can you guide me about the goods to follow. Can we book the goods to follow by cargo. My brother can book for me after I do my landing in Calgary, as I do not plan to go back to my country in near future.

Doc
You must show your goods to follow list at your landing. Your brother can pack your belongings with the shipping company at your home country on your behalf. When your belongings arrived in Canada (cargo by sea or air), you have to go through the customs at the local CBSA office in order for your belongings to be delivered to your new home in Canada.

rslcanada

Jan 7, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2010
Doc's Request.
06-04-2010
AOR Received.
29-07-2010 (2nd) Ecas In Process 28-09-2010
File Transfer...
16-04-2010
Med's Request
04-10-2010 received in mail
Med's Done....
09-10(Oct)-2010 @ CT,USA
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
May 30'11; PP sent June 9/ rcvd by CIC June 14,2011
VISA ISSUED...
June 20 & DM/received PP June 28, 2011
LANDED..........
August 7, 2011 via Winnipeg, MB stayed for 2wks & be back on July 2012
steaky said:
You must show your goods to follow list at your landing. Your brother can pack your belongings with the shipping company at your home country on your behalf. When your belongings arrived in Canada (cargo by sea or air), you have to go through the customs at the local CBSA office in order for your belongings to be delivered to your new home in Canada.
hi steaky... what if I submitted my B4A (Goods to follow list) in Manitoba then my goods shld be shipped to Ontario...is it possible?!?