+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
arjignesh said:

This is shocking ...
Means we have to take all the jewelery at the first time because I was thinking not to take it with me as it is safe at back home until we settle there and when we will visit again that time carry with me.
As long as it is listed in your GTF - u could bring those items [including jewellry] in parts till anytime. U don't need to get them inside Canada in one go, whether while landing, or during subsequent entries.

Qorax

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
DELHI INDIAN said:
Thanks qorax for this info, do we need to take picture of all jewellery items and attach along with gtf list.
Yes. -Colored; similar items could be clubbed & printed in A4 size paper/s.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
arjignesh said:

This is shocking ...
Means we have to take all the jewelery at the first time because I was thinking not to take it with me as it is safe at back home until we settle there and when we will visit again that time carry with me.
Sometimes I think it is safer back home. Especially if you have a safe deposit box already opened in the bank in your home country. Safe deposit box rental in Canada is generally more expensive.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks, sir. +1 to you!

qorax said:
Hi,

At least in Ontario our IDP/IDL lets us drive for 3 months... whereas, as a PR we could drive thru our overseas license - but for 2 months only. Besides, as a PR [not as a 'visitor']-- yes we could drive our 'own' car [if we could buy one that is - more on it later] thru our overseas DL, while the IDP lets us drive 'only' a rented one. --a catch-22 situation I guess

Like I said, buying isn't a problem, 'coz the dealer/seller wants our money right? But, obtaining the "License Plate" is another ball game - at least in Ontario. For the L/Plate we need a Canadian Auto-Insurance > for the Canadian A/Insurance we need a Canadian D/L... we can't get a Canadian Auto-Insurance with our overseas D/L or IDP/IDL... off course an US D/L is acceptable by the Canadian Insurers... but not others. --another vicious cycle I guess

Yes, that's in Ontario. Here, we get a 'full waiver' with a 24 months overseas driving experience... which could lead to a direct "G" license... off course having passed the written & eye test though ! Just that the G2 Road Test could be waived - for just once. If we do not make it in this 'direct' G r/test -- we have an option to attempt the G2 r/test, again w/out the mandatory wait... in fact could be done the very next day, if there's an appointment though !

Qorax

crunchytomato

May 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-sep-2010
AOR Received.
05-jan-2011
File Transfer...
ECAS: in process on 03-may-2011
Med's Done....
08-jul-2011
hi guys... i need a little advice.
im planning to go to canada next month for just a month to complete my landing process.
if the visa officer would ask me if im staying for good what should i tell them?
if i say that im leaving canada after a month will that be an issue?
any advice regarding landing? pls help..

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
crunchytomato said:
hi guys... i need a little advice.
im planning to go to canada next month for just a month to complete my landing process.
if the visa officer would ask me if im staying for good what should i tell them?
if i say that im leaving canada after a month will that be an issue?
any advice regarding landing? pls help..
If u state that u aren't settling down now -- the BSO might decline to process your PR cards application.
It's wiser not to disclose that voluntarily.

Qorax

crunchytomato

May 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-sep-2010
AOR Received.
05-jan-2011
File Transfer...
ECAS: in process on 03-may-2011
Med's Done....
08-jul-2011
thanks captain qorax for replying.
but wat if they will ask me? should i say that ill stay permanently?

psychnars

Aug 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
MLA
NOC Code......
4151 (Psych)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Application Recvd Oct. 18, 2010: post june 2010
Med's Request
March 2011
Med's Done....
April 11, 2011 (kids' and mine); June 25, 2011-hubby's
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Aug. 04, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
August 24, 2011
LANDED..........
Saskatchewan; Nov. 3, 2011
Hi qorax,
We're under fsw cat 1. My husband and I will land in canada on nov. 3, 2011. OUr kids will arrive in march 29, 2012. My husband and I will visit our relatives in manitoba and we'll indicate our relative's (in manitoba) address for the pr card. Were going to stay in manitoba for 2 weeks only and then move to saskatchewan and live there permanently. While in manitoba, were going to apply for SIN and wait for the SIN card to be issued to us(takes only 10 days). Then, apply for a health card in regina saskatchewan and open a bank account there (if we can do it on the same day). Then we'll ask our relative (who lives in manitoba) to send our pr card to regina, saskatchewan. Sounds complicated, right? :)

1. We can apply for SI number anywhere in canada, right?
2. Are we required to present our pr cards when we open a bank account in saskatchewan?
3. My husband will go back to our home country to accompany my kids when they travel to canada, since Im the principal applicant do I need to sign a declaration from non-accompanying parent for minors immigrating to canada (IMM 5604)E?
4. what is pics letter? resubmission of pics? are we going to be affected by this?
5. I will land in nov 2011, should i declare the goods that my children will be bringing (gtf) in march 2012 in the customs forms?

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
psychnars said:
Hi qorax,
We're under fsw cat 1. My husband and I will land in canada on nov. 3, 2011. OUr kids will arrive in march 29, 2012. My husband and I will visit our relatives in manitoba and we'll indicate our relative's (in manitoba) address for the pr card. Were going to stay in manitoba for 2 weeks only and then move to saskatchewan and live there permanently. While in manitoba, were going to apply for SIN and wait for the SIN card to be issued to us(takes only 10 days). Then, apply for a health card in regina saskatchewan and open a bank account there (if we can do it on the same day). Then we'll ask our relative (who lives in manitoba) to send our pr card to regina, saskatchewan. Sounds complicated, right? :)

1. We can apply for SI number anywhere in canada, right?
2. Are we required to present our pr cards when we open a bank account in saskatchewan?
3. My husband will go back to our home country to accompany my kids when they travel to canada, since Im the principal applicant do I need to sign a declaration from non-accompanying parent for minors immigrating to canada (IMM 5604)E?
4. what is pics letter? resubmission of pics? are we going to be affected by this?
5. I will land in nov 2011, should i declare the goods that my children will be bringing (gtf) in march 2012 in the customs forms?
1. Yes.
2. No, just the SIN [No.] suffices.
3. Yes.
4. A letter sent by CPC for not processing the PRCs unless fresh pictures r sent. It may/may not be sent out for u.
5. Yes, u get only one chance to make the GTF list.

Qorax

psychnars

Aug 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
MLA
NOC Code......
4151 (Psych)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Application Recvd Oct. 18, 2010: post june 2010
Med's Request
March 2011
Med's Done....
April 11, 2011 (kids' and mine); June 25, 2011-hubby's
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Aug. 04, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
August 24, 2011
LANDED..........
Saskatchewan; Nov. 3, 2011
thanks, qorax for the reply. follow-up questions: 3. so i will have the declaration of non-accompanying parent to minors notarized by a JP or lawyer or our consulate based in canada? 4. when you say fresh pics, pics taken after issuance of COPR. so we will have to have our photos taken again, i still have 4 extra copies of photos exactly the same photos in the COPR can i use them instead?

qorax said:
1. Yes.
2. No, just the SIN [No.] suffices.
3. Yes.
4. A letter sent by CPC for not processing the PRCs unless fresh pictures r sent. It may/may not be sent out for u.
5. Yes, u get only one chance to make the GTF list.

Qorax

ZAHID.HUSSAIN

Sep 24, 2011
Medical During Pregnancy

Dear Qorax,

I would like know about rules of immigration office during last trimester of pregnancy.

Regards,
Zahid.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Re: Medical During Pregnancy

ZAHID.HUSSAIN said:
Dear Qorax,

I would like know about rules of immigration office during last trimester of pregnancy.

Regards,
Zahid.
If u have already got your PRVs -- no issues. However, u might not be able to fly [ICAO regulations apply]. Thus, u'd have to 'add' the baby, upon delivery, into your case file > surrender your PRVs > await for the baby's meds > obtain fresh PRVs > then fly.

If u r yet awaiting your meds, or got the meds call -- u might not be able to complete them... 'coz u might not like to do your spouse's Xrays. Though it could be done with a 'protective shield', but would u want to?

Qorax

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
psychnars said:
thanks, qorax for the reply. follow-up questions: 3. so i will have the declaration of non-accompanying parent to minors notarized by a JP or lawyer or our consulate based in canada? 4. when you say fresh pics, pics taken after issuance of COPR. so we will have to have our photos taken again, i still have 4 extra copies of photos exactly the same photos in the COPR can i use them instead?
4. Wait until you received that letter from CPC. Not everyone will receive it.