+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
catcat said:
Hi Quorax,

Do you know of any temporary placement agencies who could help me in getting a temp job so that I can have a canadian experience? I have submitted my resume online to workopolis, monster, etc but have not receive any reply. For the meantime I will try my luck with temp agencies.

Thanks for your help.

catcat
Where r u? In Canada or Overseas?
If overseas, it'd be a tough call to fetch a job thru any of the sites or placement agencies. While in Canada it's quite easy to get (at least) a starter job. U'd take only few days to a week max to obtain one. Adecco is one fab agency. Respectable & used by many. I vouch for them as many of my associates use their services.

Adecco Toronto
http://www.adecco.ca/toronto-jobs.htm

Qorax

R

Rami Farah

Thank you Qorax

What about the address which address i should give at the airport??

pls advise?

qorax said:
Super8-Downtown & Motel6-Brampton r good.

Super8
http://www.super8downtowntoronto.com/
Motel6
http://www.motel6.com/reservations/motel_detail.aspx?num=1902

Qorax

jawadahmed6065

Star Member
Jul 7, 2010
qorax said:
Super8-Downtown & Motel6-Brampton r good.

Super8
http://www.super8downtowntoronto.com/
Motel6
http://www.motel6.com/reservations/motel_detail.aspx?num=1902

Qorax
Hi Qorax,
Do these have stove/kitchen in the studio rooms for self cooking? I have seen the pictures and amenities but could'nt find it.

Thanks

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Rami Farah said:
Thank you Qorax

What about the address which address i should give at the airport??

pls advise?
U can use their "street address", with their name "switched to yours".

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
jawadahmed6065 said:
Hi Qorax,
Do these have stove/kitchen in the studio rooms for self cooking? I have seen the pictures and amenities but could'nt find it.

Thanks
Not a full-fledged kitchen, but they have a hot plate (to do normal cooking - not elaborate ones), a microwave & a fridge.

Aug 6, 2010
Dear Qorax,

I have landed at Vancouver last week. At the airport, i provided the address of my relatives for them to send PR cards to. I told them that i will leave the country after 1 week. they accepted that and the said it is exceptional for them to send PR cards to my relatives address. It is lucky. They did not count my fund. It is lucky to. Would you please let me know beside SIN number, what other documents that I need to do before leaving the country. I did not apply for carecard of BC because I am not going to settle down in BC. Thank you so much for your help

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
vancouverdream said:
Dear Qorax,

I have landed at Vancouver last week. At the airport, i provided the address of my relatives for them to send PR cards to. I told them that i will leave the country after 1 week. they accepted that and the said it is exceptional for them to send PR cards to my relatives address. It is lucky. They did not count my fund. It is lucky to. Would you please let me know beside SIN number, what other documents that I need to do before leaving the country. I did not apply for carecard of BC because I am not going to settle down in BC. Thank you so much for your help
Hi,

Welcome to Canada!
Nothing else is needed. The official docs r only the PRC, SIN & Health Cards. The next imp actions r a Bank A/c, Driver's License & a Cellphone - which u'd do when u'd return for good (along with the Health Card).

Qorax

goal

Jun 8, 2010
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 2009
Doc's Request.
Jan 2010
VISA ISSUED...
04-10-10
Which one is the best time to land in Canada ?

Goal

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The best time to land in Canada is in the spring because the spring is full of promise. Or actually it doesn't really matter too much but you might not want to land in the middle of winter because you will be walking through the snow in minus temperatures looking for an apartment and going to government offices to get registered. Landing in the middle of summer, kind of the same except then you may be dealing with doing the same things when it is so hot you would just like to sit somewhere close to a fan with a cold drink.

It will also depend on if your occupation is seasonal, if it is, you might want to avoid showing up during the slow season because it will be hard to get a job.

It can also depend on what you are doing currently. If you are currently studying or bound to a work contract and you need a couple of years to finish, your PR residency clock starts ticking when you land. In that case, landing close to your PRV expiry will buy you more time to be outside Canada.

thisisd

Aug 15, 2010
Hi,

I would appreciate your advise on the following:
-Can I take color print outs of Jewellery on a normal A4 paper instead of developed photos.
-Is it necessary to mention the value of Jewellery in the B4 form since most of the items were inherited.
-Do I need to mention each Jewellery details individually or can i club them as per their make, for eg. necklace -2 Sets, Bangles-3 Set etc,etc..

Thanks,

D

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
thisisd said:
Hi,

I would appreciate your advise on the following:
-Can I take color print outs of Jewellery on a normal A4 paper instead of developed photos.
-Is it necessary to mention the value of Jewellery in the B4 form since most of the items were inherited.
-Do I need to mention each Jewellery details individually or can i club them as per their make, for eg. necklace -2 Sets, Bangles-3 Set etc,etc..

Thanks,

D
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/form-b4-goods-to-followaccompanying-list-how-to-t44793.0.html;msg320047#msg320047
Qorax

thisisd

Aug 15, 2010
Thanks for the link Qorax.. but could u please advise that did u provide CBSA with full list of goods and then inform CBSA that part of the goods will follow or did u make separate excel sheets for goods brought in during landing and goods to follow.

Appreciate your advice on this..

Regards,

D

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
thisisd said:
Thanks for the link Qorax.. but could u please advise that did u provide CBSA with full list of goods and then inform CBSA that part of the goods will follow or did u make separate excel sheets for goods brought in during landing and goods to follow.

Appreciate your advice on this..

Regards,

D
Bro, it is mentioned there... we need to make two [2] B4 sets, one for the GOP [Goods on Person] & one for the GTF [Goods to follow].

Qorax

nadahmedk

Star Member
May 10, 2010
There were quite a few queries earlier regarding can we carry Carton Box as Checkin lugguage

I just asked same question to British Airways!!

Here's their clarification

Response (Sufiya) 30/08/2010 07.52 PM
Dear Mr Khazi

Thank you for contacting us again.

You can carry a carton box as your checked baggage, provided it does not exceed the maximum permitted dimensions of 90cm x 75cm x 43cm (35.5ins x 29.5ins x 16ins). The carton box must weigh up to 23kg.

I hope this information is helpful to you.

Regards
Sufiya
British Airways Executive Club

I hope this clears that we can carry Carton as checkin lugguage

Thanks,
Nadeem