+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
ramanaths said:
Thank you for the wonderful post Qorax.

I have a query which I hope you can help me with. I have got my visa stamping and am arriving in Calgary on the 20th of Sept with my wife and daughter. In my application I have shown proof of funds of CAD14000. Should I carry a total of this amount? My wife has got a job so I was hoping I can bring around CAD6000 and also show my wife's employment offer to prove we shall be self sufficient financially.

Thank you.
U have to bring-in the complete landing funds as u were not an AEO applicant.
Qorax

newceo

Star Member
Aug 7, 2008
dear Qorax,

I will be landing on 7th Sep in Toronto and stay there for two weeks. Want to rent a car.
How much it costs to rent a car inclusive of insurance ?
Which is the best place to stay for two weeks where u have public transportation ?
I am looking for a place where u have kitchen as well, so that I can make somethings for my kids.

Really appreciate your help regarding this.

Thanks...

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
newceo said:
dear Qorax,

I will be landing on 7th Sep in Toronto and stay there for two weeks. Want to rent a car.
How much it costs to rent a car inclusive of insurance ?
Which is the best place to stay for two weeks where u have public transportation ?
I am looking for a place where u have kitchen as well, so that I can make somethings for my kids.

Really appreciate your help regarding this.

Thanks...
A. U can rent a car with your IDP/IDL. There r plenty of agencies around, I took it from Enterprise, Steels Ave, Brampton. One month's rental@$432/week, all inclusive for an Infinity GX7. Got a bargain due to my friend's regular departmental "unmarked cars" rentals.

B. For ease of public transit it'd be necessary for u to stay within Toronto city. 2 places that come to my mind r Derry Guest House & SafeHomeStay. They both have the self cooking facility.

Qorax

R

Rami Farah

Hi Qorax,

I plan to land in Mississauga on 28-September-2010

What is the good hotel/furnished apartment in mississauga, I can stay with my family before I rent an apartment...

Its very important to be near transportation and city etc...

I heard that port credit hotel is good ?

And in your opinion how much time I should stay in hotel until I move to apartment

please advise...

penpal

Sep 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
0111/1111
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Planning in Autumn of 2010
Hi Ramanath,

I am also intending to land in calgary,beginning of Oct'10.What profession are you in.I am an accountant.

Thanks

ramanaths

Jul 21, 2010
Thank you Qorax for your reply. Shall do so.

Hi penpal I'm a software professional. My POE is Calgary but shall be goin to Saskatoon.

wpc71

Dec 17, 2008
2. They want you to have the intention of living in AB half the year so if she's planning on coming back in time to live there half the year, she can apply.
Thanks a million Leon, she does have a plan to come back, but it is bound to some other things. What if she applies and gets the health insurance and then fails to come back it time for the intended 6 month? Will she have violated the law?

Thanks...

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Rami Farah said:
Hi Qorax,

I plan to land in Mississauga on 28-September-2010

What is the good hotel/furnished apartment in mississauga, I can stay with my family before I rent an apartment...

Its very important to be near transportation and city etc...

I heard that port credit hotel is good ?

And in your opinion how much time I should stay in hotel until I move to apartment

please advise...
Mississauga has it's own bus service - The Mississauga Transit. It's available (nearly) everywhere in the city. However, for visiting Toronto, u'd have to take the Mississauga Transit & reach the nearest Subway in Toronto. From Sq. One, usually ppl reach the Islington Station (Toronto).

If u must stay in Mississauga the following r Ok, budget accommodations:
1. Ports Hotel (cheap)
2. Studio6 (cheap)
3. Best Western -Airport Hotel (price vs value)
4. Holiday Inn Express (best, but pricier)

U'd usually take 2-3 weeks to search a suitable Rental Accommodation. So, pretty much till that time u r stuck in the hotel/motel.

Qorax

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
catcat said:
Hi Quorax,

Please post the address where I can get my G1 then G2 license. Tnx

catcat
1. U have to reach the nearest DriveTest Canada office.
http://www.drivetest.ca/en/home.aspx

2. G1 u'd get the same day, but G2 & G requires a road test, which needs prior appointment, booked online. And then your DriveTest Center can be any, spanned over the entire Ontario - if u want the nearest date. Else, u can safely booklet for any specific center & wait... sometimes for long.

Qorax

SandR

Star Member
Jun 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3 May 2010 CC charged.....: 30 July
Doc's Request.
11 Aug Full Docs sent..: 26 Aug
AOR Received.
waiting 2nd AOR ECAS status....: [color=blue]Rec'd by VO 28/09[/color]
You have a heart of gold and tremendous patience Qorax (and PMM & Leon too!) to devote so much of your time to helping others.

I hope life for you is full of happiness, you all deserve it.

Thank you for your efforts.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Thanks, SandR !
_____________________________________________________________________________________

Ps.: The topmost member here is Leon, followed by PMM. And both r just awesome. I guess PMM is on the forum since 2007, but am not sure since when Leon is online. I think there's hardly anyone here landed w/out being touched by these 2 stalwarts.

R

Rami Farah

hi Qorax,

thank you for the information

Its not must to stay in mississauga but i will make landing in toronto

and is ok if i give them the hotel address in the airport and is it easy to change my address after finding apartments

if you are recommending other hotels near toronto let me know please

I prefer studio with private kitchen and bathroom

Regards

qorax said:
Mississauga has it's own bus service - The Mississauga Transit. It's available (nearly) everywhere in the city. However, for visiting Toronto, u'd have to take the Mississauga Transit & reach the nearest Subway in Toronto. From Sq. One, usually ppl reach the Islington Station (Toronto).

If u must stay in Mississauga the following r Ok, budget accommodations:
1. Ports Hotel (cheap)
2. Studio6 (cheap)
3. Best Western -Airport Hotel (price vs value)
4. Holiday Inn Express (best, but pricier)

U'd usually take 2-3 weeks to search a suitable Rental Accommodation. So, pretty much till that time u r stuck in the hotel/motel.

Qorax

catcat

Mar 30, 2010
Hi Quorax,

Do you know of any temporary placement agencies who could help me in getting a temp job so that I can have a canadian experience? I have submitted my resume online to workopolis, monster, etc but have not receive any reply. For the meantime I will try my luck with temp agencies.

Thanks for your help.

catcat

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Rami Farah said:
hi Qorax,

thank you for the information

Its not must to stay in mississauga but i will make landing in toronto

and is ok if i give them the hotel address in the airport and is it easy to change my address after finding apartments

if you are recommending other hotels near toronto let me know please

I prefer studio with private kitchen and bathroom

Regards
Super8-Downtown & Motel6-Brampton r good.

Super8
http://www.super8downtowntoronto.com/
Motel6
http://www.motel6.com/reservations/motel_detail.aspx?num=1902

Qorax