+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

rizmayo

Aug 17, 2013
Mississauga
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
26-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-09-2013, sent 17-09-2013, DM 06-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2013
nekeol said:
GMC Suburban
Okay. I have not seen a Suburban being used for taxi service yet.

Mostly they have Dodge Carvans for large parties.

Regards,

Meeho

Feb 4, 2012
Cairo
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-12-2010
Need to ask you, I should be landing on 31st of May (Saturday) will the Immigration Office at the airport be off? Will I need to do the PR at the airpot still? My flight arrives canada 7:25 am

akbardxb

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2013
Mississauga
LANDED..........
28-03-2014
Meeho said:
Need to ask you, I should be landing on 31st of May (Saturday) will the Immigration Office at the airport be off? Will I need to do the PR at the airpot still? My flight arrives canada 7:25 am
Immigration, anywhere, does not have 'off' days. They work 24x7x365. All formalities for PR card and SIN are done at the airport.

proby

Jan 4, 2014
Dear Friends,

I understand that we have to declare the funds that we are carrying using form E677 at the time of landing.

My question is what should you do if you have some funds that you want to be transferred later in your canadian a/c from india. Lets say i have a Fixed Deposit which will mature in lets say a year's time,& then i will get them transferred in my canadian a/c.So what should i do? Should i declare these kind of investments now at the time of landing?

If yes, in which form?

Also will these transfers invite some form of transfer tax?

Proby

Rajdeep_Punjab13

Star Member
Apr 2, 2013
Ludhiana
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2010
Med's Request
26-06-2013
Med's Done....
08-08-2013
Interview........
Waived OFf
Passport Req..
15-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM on 3rd Feb2014
LANDED..........
Planning by 15th May2014
emamabd said:
by the way..although its safest to have the POF requirement, but honestly i don't believe the visa officer may refuse your entry as a PR while you are having a job offer in hand already - because it doesn't make sense, logically a job offer is a better proof than cash for your ability to afford living expenses in canada.

If i were you - i would explore that further, try emailing your visa office and ask for advise - but if you don't have time for that, then have the funds ready ...you'll need it anyway at least until you get your first paycheck.
Thanks for your response although I have seen it today when I have landed in Canada. For me it was a excellent experience at the Ottawa airport. The POF requirement for a family of 4 is around $ 21000 CAD but I carried only $16500 CAD. Immigration officer has asked me about the fund and I declare that it is as $ 16500 CAD ( less than the required amount as per the link). He has seen the funds also and documented that well. He does not make any more questions and allowed me to travel inside the DREAMLAND along with my application for SIN and PR card.

Thanks to all the forum members supporting throughout last 4-5 yrs answering and guiding in typical conditions. Will be sharing more details of my landing experience but off course the step by step information on the first page of this topic was xcellent and practical. Will suggest anyone landing to CANADA must go with all the line items .

All the best to all the friends.

Meeho

Feb 4, 2012
Cairo
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-12-2010
akbardxb said:
Immigration, anywhere, does not have 'off' days. They work 24x7x365. All formalities for PR card and SIN are done at the airport.
thanks alot for your feedback, but I am planning to go to montreal to finish PR and SIN as i am CSQ applicant, but landing through toronto because it's the only POE that has direct flights from my home country
So what will i still have to accomplish in montreal?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
proby said:
Dear Friends,

I understand that we have to declare the funds that we are carrying using form E677 at the time of landing.

My question is what should you do if you have some funds that you want to be transferred later in your canadian a/c from india. Lets say i have a Fixed Deposit which will mature in lets say a year's time,& then i will get them transferred in my canadian a/c.So what should i do? Should i declare these kind of investments now at the time of landing?

If yes, in which form?

Proby
If the total foreign assets (real estate and money) is less than $100,000, you do not need to declare.

rizmayo

Aug 17, 2013
Mississauga
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
26-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2013
Meeho said:
There is no separate PR card process anymore and you must complete landing process at airport. As soon as they mark in the computer that you have landed and added your Canadian address, your PR card will start processing. You don't have to do anything at all (except give your Canadian mailing address).

Regards,

rizmayo

Aug 17, 2013
Mississauga
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
26-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2013
akbardxb said:
SIN is not processed by immigration. It is done by Service Canada and there counters are only open during working hours on working days.

If you find Service Canada counter closed when you land, you can go to any of there offices in the city at a later date.

Regards,

rizmayo

Aug 17, 2013
Mississauga
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
26-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2013
Meeho said:
thanks alot for your feedback, but I am planning to go to montreal to finish PR and SIN as i am CSQ applicant, but landing through toronto because it's the only POE that has direct flights from my home country
So what will i still have to accomplish in montreal?
There is nothing for you to do in terms of landing in Montreal. Everything will be completed in Toronto and there is nothing wrong with this. Your CSQ will be checked at Toronto and not in Montreal. Your flight to Montreal will be domestic and you will just walk out of the airport after collecting your luggage.

Regards,

rizmayo

Aug 17, 2013
Mississauga
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
26-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2013
proby said:
Dear Friends,

If yes, in which form?

Proby
You are not required to declare funds you will be bringing in at a later date as part of your landing process.

There is no transfer tax for money. However please be advised that in addition to the charges you pay in India to transfer your money, the banks in Canada also charge a fee for receiving funds from abroad.

However, after becoming a PR, you are required to declare all foreign income when you file your annual income tax each year. It is premature to say if you will end up paying any tax on this amount or end up getting some income tax refund, as the final tax payable each year is dependent on many factors including your annual income the amount of tax that is automatically deducted from your salary, etc.

If you will be getting multiple remittances (legally 8) ) from India after becoming a PR, I would strongly advise going to a tax consultant so he can correctly account for this money in your tax filing, so you don't end up paying any unnecessary tax.

Regards,

proby

Jan 4, 2014
rizmayo said:
You are not required to declare funds you will be bringing in at a later date as part of your landing process.

There is no transfer tax for money. However please be advised that in addition to the charges you pay in India to transfer your money, the banks in Canada also charge a fee for receiving funds from abroad.

However, after becoming a PR, you are required to declare all foreign income when you file your annual income tax each year. It is premature to say if you will end up paying any tax on this amount or end up getting some income tax refund, as the final tax payable each year is dependent on many factors including your annual income the amount of tax that is automatically deducted from your salary, etc.

If you will be getting multiple remittances (legally 8) ) from India after becoming a PR, I would strongly advise going to a tax consultant so he can correctly account for this money in your tax filing, so you don't end up paying any unnecessary tax.

Regards,
Thanks rizmayo,

One for question.

I have been reading here that for applying for PR card, you need to give a canadian address.

I am landing for the first time & for good, i donot have a address of my own. I do have a temporary accomodation for about two weeks & a relative who stays in canada.

What address should i give? Temporary or my relative's address( will they deliver it because i dont stay there)

Another option is that i wait, find a permanent accomodation for myself & then apply for a PR card.

Plz suggest.

Regards

Proby

rizmayo

Aug 17, 2013
Mississauga
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
26-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2013
proby said:
Thanks rizmayo,

One for question.

I have been reading here that for applying for PR card, you need to give a canadian address.

I am landing for the first time & for good, i donot have a address of my own. I do have a temporary accomodation for about two weeks & a relative who stays in canada.

What address should i give? Temporary or my relative's address( will they deliver it because i dont stay there) Your relatives, if he is willing to forward the PR cards to you. There is no courier delivery, the PR cards will be dropped in your relatives mailbox and no one has to sign for them.

Another option is that i wait, find a permanent accomodation for myself & then apply for a PR card. As I said earlier there is no application process for new immigrants. If you want the cards to be delivered only to your permanent address, just tell the immigration officer you don't have an address yet and he will tell you the process for sending the address to CIC within 180 days (though there is an online way to do it as well) and welcome you to Canada.

Plz suggest.

Regards

Proby

parry1901

Mar 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2010
Med's Done....
1st nov 2013 & 20 march 2014 (new born)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Hi all,
Received PPT & COPR today..

There is one error in the COPR forms.

1. Myself (PA): the marital status in "single" and "married" for my spouse. However they have written in Dependent information as spouse and child accompanying.

Kindly advice if the COPR needs correction or can be corrected at port of entry?

akbardxb

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2013
Mississauga
LANDED..........
28-03-2014
rizmayo said:
SIN is not processed by immigration. It is done by Service Canada and there counters are only open during working hours on working days.

If you find Service Canada counter closed when you land, you can go to any of there offices in the city at a later date.

Regards,
SIN can be done at Toronto airport (SErvices Canada desk)till 2100 hrs. This was confirmed to me by the immigration office.