+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

Appan

Jun 28, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Grace of God
qorax said:
Regrets, I wouldn't know, as I've never flown that sector...
But, have been using BA, KLM & Emirates for Dubai-Toronto... found KLM to be a better flight. I've posted about it in this thread somewhere.

Qorax
Dear Qorax,

Thanks.

appan.

lika

Star Member
Jun 13, 2011
Chennai
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2010
AOR Received.
02-03-2011
IELTS Request
Sent with initial application
File Transfer...
02-03-2011
Med's Request
26-04-2011
Med's Done....
07-05-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-04-2011 (PCC and PP submitted June 2nd)
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 12, 2011
LANDED..........
April 2012
qorax said:
And also the sector u r flying.

Eg:
BA / Dubai-Toronto / 23Kgs x 1 per pax as 'check-in' baggage.
BA / Delhi-Toronto / 23Kgs x 2 per pax as 'check-in' baggage.

Qorax
Thank you Qorax. Lika :)

ahmed93

Jul 17, 2011
hi i wanted to know the procedure to follow to get study permit at toronto airport. i already have the letter approving study permit application

rajeevnagill

Feb 3, 2011
Chd
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2010
Doc's Request.
01-03-2010
Nomination.....
-
AOR Received.
23-06-2010
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
10-03-2010
Med's Request
19-01-2011
Med's Done....
31-01-2011
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
19-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
14-6-2011
LANDED..........
19-9-2011
Dear Qorax

We have planned to land in toronto on 19 sept. 2011. I need to know that CAN I TAKE FOOD GRAINS ALONG WITH ME lke pulses, rice, spices etc etc. I checked the CBSA and related sites and they mentioned they have to check food products whether they contain any pest or disease and fee for checking it must be paid by the owner.

please tell me .................is it true or not?

Thanks

Rajeev

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, it is true.

For travelers carrying instant noodles, I heard soup base was seized while plain noodles were not.

rajeevnagill said:
Dear Qorax

We have planned to land in toronto on 19 sept. 2011. I need to know that CAN I TAKE FOOD GRAINS ALONG WITH ME lke pulses, rice, spices etc etc. I checked the CBSA and related sites and they mentioned they have to check food products whether they contain any pest or disease and fee for checking it must be paid by the owner.

please tell me .................is it true or not?

Thanks

Rajeev

Darque

Star Member
Mar 31, 2011
United Kingdom
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5-May-2011
AOR Received.
17-Jun-2011
File Transfer...
13-Jun-2011 CSQ Approved: 11-Jul-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-Aug-2011
VISA ISSUED...
02-Sept-2011
LANDED..........
18-Dec-2011
As we are planning to 'land' and return to the UK after 3 weeks, do we have to hand in our GTF lists when we 'land' ?

Can we wait until we come back to 'settle' next year to get our GTF list stamped and give a photocopy to our removal company?

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Darque said:
As we are planning to 'land' and return to the UK after 3 weeks, do we have to hand in our GTF lists when we 'land' ?

Can we wait until we come back to 'settle' next year to get our GTF list stamped and give a photocopy to our removal company?
U have to get-it-stamped during your 1st entry into Canada.

Darque

Star Member
Mar 31, 2011
United Kingdom
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5-May-2011
AOR Received.
17-Jun-2011
File Transfer...
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-Aug-2011
VISA ISSUED...
02-Sept-2011
LANDED..........
18-Dec-2011
qorax said:
The problem is the GTF list that we bring with us during my husband's 'landing' might actually differ from what we will actually be having shipped in 1-2 years time as we might accumulate used items during this time.

Should we keep the 'landing' GTF list 'vague/high level' as to allow us to fit anything we might accumulate between initial landing and settlement date?

Landing List Final List
(Stamped by CBSA) (Packing list given to Removal Company + stamped CSBA list)

Used clothes 4 boxes used clothes
Computers & equipment 3 computers, 4 monitors, 1 media station, plus whatever else we accumulate in the next 2 years

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Darque said:
The problem is the GTF list that we bring with us during my husband's 'landing' might actually differ from what we will actually be having shipped in 1-2 years time as we might accumulate used items during this time.

Should we keep the 'landing' GTF list 'vague/high level' as to allow us to fit anything we might accumulate between initial landing and settlement date?

...3 computers, 4 monitors, 1 media station, plus whatever else we accumulate in the next 2 years
U cannot be vague with high worth items... u need to list their name, make, model, Sl.No., amount & qty.

Qorax

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
qorax said:
The OP is a dual Canadian/British Citizen living in the UK with a British husband. They have been living together in the UK since 2001 and been married since Jan 2005. I found out this with the search function.

Therefore, their situation is a little bit tricky. Those items that they would be shipping to Canada can be counted as the Canadian spouse if they don't declare the items at 1st entry. Since the Canadian spouse had been non-resident of Canada for a long while, as a former resident (tariff item no.9805.00.00), he/she can bring their used furniture and personal belongings duty free at any time they want to return to Canada with the intention to re-establish residency for at least 3 years. Read the relevant CBSA webpage for details.

In this case, when they are ready to settle in Canada for good, the Canadian spouse just need to prepare the final list + B4E and get them stamped by CBSA at the port of entry and attend clear customs when the goods arrive.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
steaky said:
The OP is a dual Canadian/British Citizen living in the UK with a British husband. They have been living together in the UK since 2001 and been married since Jan 2005. I found out this with the search function.

Therefore, their situation is a little bit tricky. Those items that they would be shipping to Canada can be counted as the Canadian spouse if they don't declare the items at 1st entry. Since the Canadian spouse had been non-resident of Canada for a long while, as a former resident (tariff item no.9805.00.00), he/she can bring their used furniture and personal belongings duty free at any time they want to return to Canada with the intention to re-establish residency for at least 3 years. Read the relevant CBSA webpage for details.

In this case, when they are ready to settle in Canada for good, the Canadian spouse just need to prepare the final list + B4E and get them stamped by CBSA at the port of entry and attend clear customs when the goods arrive.
That's absolutely correct... in such a case.

Darque

Star Member
Mar 31, 2011
United Kingdom
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5-May-2011
AOR Received.
17-Jun-2011
File Transfer...
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-Aug-2011
VISA ISSUED...
02-Sept-2011
LANDED..........
18-Dec-2011
steaky said:

That's correct, I'm a dual citizen living in the UK. I'm glad to hear we don't have to hand over our GTF list when we 'land'. Due to work commitments we need to come back to the UK as well as settle our affairs / sell our house, so I'm extremely glad we can wait till our stuff is packed and ready to be shipped out later next year to give them our list.

I guess I just got a bit confused because every 'landing thread' seems to imply you have to have these forms ready there and then :p

Many thanks to steaky for clearing this up for me (and qorax for confirmation) :D

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Darque said:
That's correct, I'm a dual citizen living in the UK. I'm glad to hear we don't have to hand over our GTF list when we 'land'. Due to work commitments we need to come back to the UK as well as settle our affairs / sell our house, so I'm extremely glad we can wait till our stuff is packed and ready to be shipped out later next year to give them our list.

I guess I just got a bit confused because every 'landing thread' seems to imply you have to have these forms ready there and then :p

Many thanks to steaky for clearing this up for me (and qorax for confirmation) :D
That's b'coz these r for 'newcomers' - coming to Canada for the 1st time... while in your case - your hubby would be a "Returning Resident". He can bring-in whatever, and 'list' them as GAL [Goods Accompanying List]... GTF [Goods To Follow] doesn't apply to him... though the forms remain the same [B4] !

Qorax

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
qorax said:
That's b'coz these r for 'newcomers' - coming to Canada for the 1st time... while in your case - your hubby would be a "Returning Resident". He can bring-in whatever, and 'list' them as GAL [Goods Accompanying List]... GTF [Goods To Follow] doesn't apply to him... though the forms remain the same [B4] !

Qorax
Actually GTF does applies to them, if they hire international shipping/relocation companies from UK to Canada. Just that on the B4E, the classification are different between 1st time newcomers and former residents. Each complete different section.

can_usa_97

May 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/13/2010
AOR Received.
09/07/2010 in process 9/2
File Transfer...
08/12/2010
Med's Request
Rcv'd dtd 10/18
Med's Done....
06/22/2010
Interview........
Waived dtd 10/18
Passport Req..
11/04/2010
VISA ISSUED...
11/16/2010
LANDED..........
06/18/2011
I thought, there was a 10K max for returning citizens?