+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing formalities

vanraj

Sep 11, 2011
hi. we landed safely and the formalities were pretty easy. just 1 caution for people who r travelling with infants who have milk powder/ formula feed. i was asked by customs if i was carrying any diary or milk products. I had mentioned in the disembarktion form as "no" (after asking the flight incharge). I was carrying milk powder/ formula feed for my infants. To the custom officer i said i was carrying milk powder for my children. so she kind of got annoyed for not disclosing on the form. But i said that i was not hiding anything n i said what the truth was. On seeing the products she said this is not milk powder, it is a formula feed. So its ok. so this was just 1 thing otherwise on the whole the procedure was absolutely smooth.

Cheers

devilhimselff

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2005
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Yep...
vanraj said:
hi. we landed safely and the formalities were pretty easy. just 1 caution for people who r travelling with infants who have milk powder/ formula feed. i was asked by customs if i was carrying any diary or milk products. I had mentioned in the disembarktion form as "no" (after asking the flight incharge). I was carrying milk powder/ formula feed for my infants. To the custom officer i said i was carrying milk powder for my children. so she kind of got annoyed for not disclosing on the form. But i said that i was not hiding anything n i said what the truth was. On seeing the products she said this is not milk powder, it is a formula feed. So its ok. so this was just 1 thing otherwise on the whole the procedure was absolutely smooth.

Cheers

Thanks for sharing....And weired thing about Milk :) Hmm are we supposed to declare such things as well :eek: I mean edibles ?

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
A passenger landing in Canada has to mark YES or NO in the declaration form ( given in the flights before landing ) against the question:
Meat/meat products;dairy products;fruits;vegetables;seeds;nuts;plants and animals or their parts/products;cut flowers;soil;wood/wood products;birds;insects.

Those who are crossing boarder from USA by road will be asked by the CBSA officer. Dairy products are allowed worth $20-00 per person.

jibs084

Star Member
Jun 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
nov 06 2010
File Transfer...
15/03/2011