+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing Experiences for Filipino Immigrants

badbadtz08

Oct 18, 2010
Philippines
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
To all my Kabayans, please feel free to share your Landing Experiences to us, what happened in the Airport upon your arrival, the first things you did after 24hours, including which bank did you open your account, how much is the range for aprtment rentals etc. Your comments will be much appreciated. Thanks...

melkorka

Oct 20, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila Visa Office
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-05-2010
Doc's Request.
07-10-2010
AOR Received.
07-10-2010
IELTS Request
04-12-2010
File Transfer...
02-11-2011
Med's Request
received
VISA ISSUED...
praying...
Upon your airport arrival, you will be directed to the IMMIGRATION department, they will ask you some questions.
House rentals will depend on your location. In Alberta, an apartment will cost you around 1000CAD - 17000, depends how big and how many bedrooms u will be needing :)
RBC (Royal Bank of Canada) is one of the trusted bank here since they are partly owned by the Government and does good job in buying/loaning for a house :)

badbadtz08

Oct 18, 2010
Philippines
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
melkorka said:
Upon your airport arrival, you will be directed to the IMMIGRATION department, they will ask you some questions.
House rentals will depend on your location. In Alberta, an apartment will cost you around 1000CAD - 17000, depends how big and how many bedrooms u will be needing :)
RBC (Royal Bank of Canada) is one of the trusted bank here since they are partly owned by the Government and does good job in buying/loaning for a house :)

Thanks melkorka for the info. I'm also planning to land in Alberta, Calgary it is. Goodluck.

I

isysy

two bedroom apartment in Edmonton, Alberta costs around 800-1200 (Downtown area)... while in other areas, it may be a good town house.

for banking... here are the links for the three banks that I knew who have Newcomers package. I took HSBC.

HSBC
http://www.hsbc.ca/1/2/en/personal/hsbc-advance/how-works/new-to-canada?WT.mc_id=HBCA_101204_10SRVINTe09246H
CIBC
http://www.cibc.com/ca/newcomers/index.html
SCOTIABANK
http://www.scotiabank.com/cda/content/0,1608,CID13120_LIDen,00.html

causticlilgirlie

May 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hello guys, hope you can help me with this... i'll be leaving for canada this december on a spousal visa. should we buy a one-way ticket or a roundtrip? i'm confused. i hope this is the right place to ask this question. if not, i'd appreciate being pointed in the right direction :) thanks!

bijupv007

Champion Member
Jul 19, 2010
Edmonton
AOR Received.
2nd 17-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
APR 2011
LANDED..........
AUG 2011 - Not On My Merits But On His Grace
causticlilgirlie said:
hello guys, hope you can help me with this... i'll be leaving for canada this december on a spousal visa. should we buy a one-way ticket or a roundtrip? i'm confused. i hope this is the right place to ask this question. if not, i'd appreciate being pointed in the right direction :) thanks!
Congrats buddy and God bless u and family , the best time ur flying "x-mas' :D

u need to take only one way ticket

i check the post coz our signatures are same :D

good luck always
Biju

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

causticlilgirlie said:
Check the cost, you may find that a return ticket is cheaper than one-way, and then you can throw away the return portion.

ondoy

Star Member
Oct 19, 2010
;) hi there! pls.give me abundant details upon landing...like specific questions asked, the 'dos and donts'.. is there a show money/pocket money to be shown at the immigration? how much? how about settling a bank? will they record which bank do you wish to open upon arrival? and how could we bring the money with us? pls enlighten me... tnx...

ondoy

Star Member
Oct 19, 2010
:) if we are about to move already in Canada, we shall not get an apartment because we intend to live with my sister-in-law who sponsored us. would it be alright to be truthful in saying such at the immigration?

badbadtz08

Oct 18, 2010
Philippines
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ondoy said:
;) hi there! pls.give me abundant details upon landing...like specific questions asked, the 'dos and donts'.. is there a show money/pocket money to be shown at the immigration? how much? how about settling a bank? will they record which bank do you wish to open upon arrival? and how could we bring the money with us? pls enlighten me... tnx...
Hi ondoy! i'am not expert in this but I've read in other thread that you still need to show them your proof of funds are you under FSW?

badbadtz08

Oct 18, 2010
Philippines
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ondoy said:
hi again ondoy! here's another thread that will be helpful in all your queries.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/landing-in-canada-all-you-need-to-know-t36735.0.html

ondoy

Star Member
Oct 19, 2010
Hi... Hey BadBatz.... Thank u so much for the info... I actually printed the details...in the site. It is really of big help!
GOD BLESS...

badbadtz08

Oct 18, 2010
Philippines
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ondoy said:
Hi... Hey BadBatz.... Thank u so much for the info... I actually printed the details...in the site. It is really of big help!
GOD BLESS...
Your welcome. Goodluck on your journey. where are you landing?