+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing experience - immigration did not accept relatives address

ainpdude

Nov 29, 2008
Hello Friends,

I landed in Canada through Detroit windsor tunnel and got all the formalities done.
The immigration officer asked for address and I gave it to him. He asked whose
address it is then I told him its my aunts. He then said we will give u a seperate
form to provide your address once you move to canada.

So after he completed paper work he gave me IMM 5456 form asking me to
fax the address once I land in canada. I told him I will be living with my relative
why dont you use that he said ... PR card is secure document we just cant
mail it to anybody... so you complete this document and send it...

secondly with temporary card we cant travel to canada through air... only by road
so I asked what my options are if i am flying from india to canada he said you can
get a PR visa stamp from consulate and travel with that... i was like whatever...

so folks, can i put my relatives address and fax to PR office ? has any one been
in this funny situation...

ainpdude

Nov 29, 2008
ainpdude said:
Hello Friends,

I landed in Canada through Detroit windsor tunnel and got all the formalities done.
address it is then I told him its my aunts. He then said we will give u a seperate

fax the address once I land in canada. I told him I will be living with my relative

secondly with temporary card we cant travel to canada through air... only by road
so I asked what my options are if i am flying from india to canada he said you can
get a PR visa stamp from consulate and travel with that... i was like whatever...

so folks, can i put my relatives address and fax to PR office ? has any one been
Was able to go online and do the address notification by entering my Client # from
COPR papers sent by NY....

https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/?app=coanotify&lang=en

Keeping fingers crossed

kishankanhaiya

Jan 7, 2009
what is the temporary card you are refering? I hope you get your card mailed soon.

ainpdude said:
ainpdude said:
Hello Friends,

Was able to go online and do the address notification by entering my Client # from
COPR papers sent by NY....

https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/?app=coanotify&lang=en

Keeping fingers crossed

ainpdude

Nov 29, 2008
kishankanhaiya said:
what is the temporary card you are refering? I hope you get your card mailed soon.
kishan,

sorry to sound confusing... by temporary card i mean the Confirmation of PR paper
the staple in your passport.... you cant travel to canada thro air using that paper...
only by road...

ainpdude

Nov 29, 2008
folks,

today I checked the ECas status by providing the client ID no. mentioned on the COPR form ....
and see this :

"We started processing your application on May 4, 2009.

We transferred your application to the New York office on June 2, 2009. The New York office may contact you.

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.

You entered Canada at the Windsor International Tunnel office on October 15, 2009 and became a Permanent Resident."

ingegarcia

Jun 19, 2008
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-01-2010
Congratulations ainpdude...
what address did you provide to the officer? was it different from the port of entry you were landing?

ainpdude

Nov 29, 2008
thanks inge,

i landed in windsor and the address i provided was ottawa ... to which
windsor is queit close

canadiann

Star Member
May 3, 2009
hi AINPDUDE, congratulations for your Landing formalities completion.
Did you have any problem or did they ask you any question why are you entering from this border, why didn't you enter to Alberta directly? And, what about their reaction when you gave ottawa's mailing address instead of Alberta? I am planning to enter in nvember via buffalo for landing formalities.

thanks

C

cchabert

let me ask somethign about the address:

If I don;t have the address at the moment of landing? What is going to happen?

ainpdude

Nov 29, 2008
canadiann said:
hi AINPDUDE, congratulations for your Landing formalities completion.
Did you have any problem or did they ask you any question why are you entering from this border, why didn't you enter to Alberta directly? And, what about their reaction when you gave ottawa's mailing address instead of Alberta? I am planning to enter in nvember via buffalo for landing formalities.

thanks
no they didnt ask why am i not landing in alberta... they asked me what address I was living... i said ottawa and they said when am i settling i said in 3-6 months.... they said ok apply online on ECAS for address notification....

kpit_2009

Oct 27, 2009
I landed on Oct 12th via NY->Toronto->Edmonton

I gave address at airport, today I updated address online? is it normal to update address online?

Did any one receive PR Card?

How long it takes to get PR Card?

Thanks,
KP

tan1chak2

Dec 12, 2008
HI Ainpdude
Did you finally receive your PR card after you applied online ? My spouse and I have come across the same situation where the IO would not accept an address from us.

Any help would be truly appreciated .

Thanks !