+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing experience from US to canada with AVR

Simon123

Jun 4, 2009
USA
Hi all,

We landed last week by road from Fort erie bridge .. and the canada landing process was like a piece of cake...

we parked our car at the immigration center right next to the checkpoint and walked in with all documents...

The room was empty ( i mean no immigrants or other people .. may be beacuse it was snowing in buffalo) and with few officers
having good time on their iphones .. lol ..

well anyways .. we gave them the landing docs and when asked for POF i gave the officer my AEO letter .. here the officer asked me .. when will i move to Canada from US ... i wasn't quite ready for that question so i said .. "One month ago" .. lolzz!!!
my husband then corrected me and said after one month... and we all started laughing at my expressions ;D ( i didnt understand what did i say that was wrong!)

well, he also asked me about my status in US and if i have already told my US company that i will be leaving and if i am done with my contact with them? i just told him that i will be terminating my contact and i have given them the notice... he was kind of ok with that.

after few more signatures and receiving a copy of our "goods to be followed" list we were all set to drive to Toronto .. we stayed there for about 1.5 days and drove back to the Niagra bridge for re-entry to US.

With absolutely no traffic we stopped right at the US checkpoint and gave i the officer my docs .. my husband had a valid visa but i had a expired visa with valied I-94 .. .. the officer looked at my docs for a minute and said ... ur documents doesn't match :eek: :eek: .. i was like WAHT????? and then she explained that i have two I-94's (one old and one new .. the valid one) and both should have same number on them and i dont have that ... (here i guessed .. i was in some trouble ??? ???) .. but after spending another 5 mins on her computer she said i am good to go and i should keep both I94s together .. she didn't ask for any kind of rule or whatever... ya she did asked why i did i go to canada and for how long we were in canada.

long story short .. canada is beautiful with very few people (comparing with India and New jersey) but its hell COLD :-X :-X out there .. but i bet you love it

vierx2007

Dec 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Multiple
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-3-2010
Nomination.....
NA
IELTS Request
submitted together w/ the docs.
Med's Request
25-11-2011
Med's Done....
26-12-2011
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
Quick question Simon123,

When you come to the US boarder to cross going to Canada how do you prevent the US boarder officer of taking off your I-94. I believed they will take off the I-94 everytime you go out the counter?

vierx

dodan

Mar 7, 2010
usa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
if you are entering Canada from USA, you do not meet the USA CBP. You meet the Canada CBSA. If you let them know that you are going to be back within 30 days, and want to use AVR, they will not take away your I94.

In cases when you will not return to USA witin 30 days or say, (1) you are going for stamping, or (2) you are going to visit other countries from Canada, you should leave your I-94 with Canadian CBSA and they will return it to USA CBP (see I-94 instructions).

Hope this helps.