+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

landing after overstaying for 10 months!

sdam12345

Jul 12, 2013
Good of you, in the same situation here. Been away from Canada for 4 years. Planning to return soon. Can u please share more how the self-serve kiosk worked, did the agent ask you anything ? Anything else you could share would be great. Thanks

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
sdam12345 said:
Good of you, in the same situation here. Been away from Canada for 4 years. Planning to return soon. Can u please share more how the self-serve kiosk worked, did the agent ask you anything ? Anything else you could share would be great. Thanks
I recently used the self-serve kiosk after returning from an international business trip. I scanned my passport and inserted my customs declaration card, and the machine printed out a receipt for me. I took the receipt to the IO standing at the end of the kiosks who asked me a few questions about when I left Canada, what the purpose of my trip was and what I was bringing back. I'm not sure if the questions would have been different if I had been a PR instead of a citizen.

tegveer

Star Member
Aug 15, 2009
sdam12345 said:
I sent you a detailed msg ! Post here if you didnt get it! And No the agent didnt ask me anything(maybe he did about what I was bringing to canada, but nothing regarding me being away for too long)! Infact I was with another PR card holder and she wasn't asked any question as well! (though she met her residency requirement, but still)
You could also visit the cbsa website to read how the kiosks work in detail