+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDED NAIJA APPLICANT PLEASE SHARE YOUR EXPERINCE

opensin

Sep 13, 2011
You are welcome to Canada I ve pm u but it wasnt going thru with your email that i have kindly send me another one so dat we can talk.Regards to ur family

barsindoo

Champion Member
Jul 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
EMO said:
In case we have landed Naija that are engineer in any province, please put something here for the intending ones here. Like our private PM it all depends on what you want. What would you like to know? You can get most questions answered by visiting www.apegga.com or www.peo.com or the british columbia professional engineer's site. If having read through the information on thess sites you still have questions please feel free to PM as usual.i can see Tinu connecting well with BabaIyabor.

Thanks.

igbehinadara

Champion Member
Dec 6, 2009
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Avo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Dec 2015
Nomination.....
Nov 2016
IELTS Request
NA
VISA ISSUED...
July 2017
LANDED..........
October 2017
Happy Easter to all my brothers and sisters in the house,may the risen Lord turn our stories around for good in Jesus name.@Barsindoo,nice to hear your voice.Thanks for your call and how is family and work?

Ig

NAIJA1

Dec 15, 2011
jadwig said:
Welcome to Calgary! All the best as you settle in...
my dear people happy easter. Pls @at d POE does one have to carry the exact amount of proof of funds on the cic site. Will d officers at the point of landing require dat I come along c d exact proof of funds in cash or bankdraft.

Jada

Apr 26, 2009
Nigeria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
March 31st 2012
NAIJA1 said:
my dear people happy easter. Pls @ at d POE does one have to carry the exact amount of proof of funds on the cic site. Will d officers at the point of landing require dat I come along c d exact proof of funds in cash or bankdraft.
For me, the immigration officer asked how much I had and I stated it. She didn't ask to look at or count the money. But I made sure I held the correct amount of POF for my family. I didn't want to hear story.

Thanks for the good wishes.

Barsindoo, set up up a date and come for ya peppersoup ;D 8)

Happy easter everyone.

tinuadeadebola

Champion Member
Feb 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2010
Doc's Request.
22-06-2010
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
IELTS Request
already taken
File Transfer...
26-06-2010
Med's Request
June18th 2012
Med's Done....
June 21st 2012
Passport Req..
August 21st 2012
VISA ISSUED...
August 27th 2012
LANDED..........
February, 2013
jadwig said:
Welcome to Calgary! All the best as you settle in...
Hello Jadwig,
just curious and wanted to find out if you are here or there your profile doesn't tell!!!!!

If you are there please can you tell us a bit about Calgary? some persons are yet to make up their mind on where to land and you could just help with pros and cons of Calgary.

Also are you Nigerian? African? or a friend of naija your profile name does not give you away at all lol

tinuadeadebola

Champion Member
Feb 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2010
Doc's Request.
22-06-2010
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
IELTS Request
already taken
File Transfer...
26-06-2010
Med's Request
June18th 2012
Med's Done....
June 21st 2012
Passport Req..
August 21st 2012
VISA ISSUED...
August 27th 2012
LANDED..........
February, 2013
Happy Easter celebration to you all may the blessings of this season remain with you all forever more amen.

April 10th will make it about 2years that my application got to CIC and we are still waiting!!!!! we have started seeing movement by way of MR to fellow prejune like me i hope it will go round soon so we all can join you in Canada.

Our dear seniors you guys have been very scarce on this thread eegrace you that write so much before now i wonder what has happened anyways we also know that you guys are pressed for time but kindly spare a few minutes for us as time permits.

gent2 how are you doing? i remember your warning the other time of how expensive canada can be and how POF runs out very fast that really made some of us to start saving more and spending less more tips from you on varied topics can do much.

All the best in your endevour.

NAIJA1

Dec 15, 2011
Jada said:
For me, the immigration officer asked how much I had and I stated it. She didn't ask to look at or count the money. But I made sure I held the correct amount of POF for my family. I didn't want to hear story.

Thanks for the good wishes.

Barsindoo, set up up a date and come for ya peppersoup ;D 8)

Happy easter everyone.
Hello jada I really appreciate ur reply. Thanks. But one more question pls I have to land c about 21000dollars for a family of four. What form do u suggest I carry this funds in. cash or draft. ur response or any seniors will be appreciated. wish u d best as u settle down

Jada

Apr 26, 2009
Nigeria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
March 31st 2012
It depends on you. You choose what you are comfortable with. I carried cash,doesn't mean you have to do same. Others have used other methods and entered Canada successfully.

EMO

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-02-2013
Barsindoo
The info at personal level from you had been wonderful. I am only trying to spark a public one for the benefit of others.
Thanks

Babaiyabor

Mar 15, 2012
Calgary SW
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-2000
Doc's Request.
04-2002
AOR Received.
03-2002
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
05-2002
Med's Done....
05-2002
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
06-2002
VISA ISSUED...
06-2002
LANDED..........
06-2002
zajeb said:
Babaiyabor, thank you for that info, highly appreciated.i have been told that i have to live in alberta for more than a year before i can qualify for such loan without been on a fulltime education. I really want to pursue my dream in canada but dont want to be financial stressed while studing . I also read on alis that they will do a credit check as well since i have not lived in canada,how will dat be possible. thks pls do keep in touch and dont stay off to long on this forum.greeting to a whole family.God bless u
Oh, sorry I did not take note you are not taking a full time study. For my own case, in Alberta, I did a full time 6 month study just 3 months after landing in Alberta. I received a full payments for tuition,books & allowance via National Student Loan & Alberta Student Loan.

About the credit check, you obviously do not have credit history in North America, they still carry out the whole procedure though. For my own case even after living in the UK almost all my life, my credit record did not reflect here in Canada and was not an advantage either. I applied for Mortgage then and failed (Because I have no Credit history), I had to pay 60% of the required money to get my house. There is no harm in trying it out, go through the credit check. As a Landed Immigrant you have many advantages here. good luck.

zajeb

Star Member
Mar 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-03-2011
File Transfer...
04/05/11
Med's Request
18-04-13
Med's Done....
30-04-13
Passport Req..
06-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
10-06-2013
LANDED..........
23-07-2013
Babaiyabor said:
Oh, sorry I did not take note you are not taking a full time study. For my own case, in Alberta, I did a full time 6 month study just 3 months after landing in Alberta. I received a full payments for tuition,books & allowance via National Student Loan & Alberta Student Loan.

About the credit check, you obviously do not have credit history in North America, they still carry out the whole procedure though. For my own case even after living in the UK almost all my life, my credit record did not reflect here in Canada and was not an advantage either. I applied for Mortgage then and failed (Because I have no Credit history), I had to pay 60% of the required money to get my house. There is no harm in trying it out, go through the credit check. As a Landed Immigrant you have many advantages here. good luck.

EMO

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-02-2013
Babaiyabor said:

About the credit check, you obviously do not have credit history in North America, they still carry out the whole procedure though. For my own case even after living in the UK almost all my life, my credit record did not reflect here in Canada and was not an advantage either. I applied for Mortgage then and failed (Because I have no Credit history), I had to pay 60% of the required money to get my house.That is huge o depending on the cost of the house There is no harm in trying it out, go through the credit check. As a Landed Immigrant you have many advantages here. good luck.I really look forward to the reality of that line

zajeb

Star Member
Mar 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-03-2011
File Transfer...
04/05/11
Med's Request
18-04-13
Med's Done....
30-04-13
Passport Req..
06-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
10-06-2013
LANDED..........
23-07-2013
Babaiyabor said:

babaiyabor,thks for ur reply.i m actually going to be studing on full time basis which might take more than a year.is dat okay to qualify for d alberta loan.