Med's Request
31th Jan 2014
Med's Done....
15th Feb 2014
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
Dec 2014
Babaiyabor, pls is Calgary good for Architects and what is the weather like and what is average cost of living like oevr there?

Thanks!

Loolo

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
loolo said:
Babaiyabor, pls is Calgary good for Architects and what is the weather like and what is average cost of living like oevr there?

Thanks!

Loolo
I am not in Canada yet neither am I in this field but I can give you some useful information.... ;)
http://www.workingincanada.gc.ca/report-eng.do?lang=eng&noc=2151&area=25348&titleKeyword=architect&regionKeyword=Calgary,+Alberta&source=1&action=final
*Mandie*

loolo

Nov 24, 2010
N/A
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27 Sept 2011
AOR Received.
21 Dec 2011
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
soon
Med's Request
31th Jan 2014
Med's Done....
15th Feb 2014
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
Dec 2014
Thanks Mandie!

Loolo

NAIJA1

Dec 15, 2011
omi said:
Hi Naija1, I am a doctor and plan landing in Calgary in May. What info have you as per medical practice over there?
I look forward to reading from you.
hello omi I really know little about calgary in terms of its medical practice. But I hear day the private sector ie oil company clinics are places to look out for after certification. And am as inquisitive as u. Just planning to get board certified and to settle down real quick.

NAIJA1

Dec 15, 2011
omi said:
Hi Naija1, I am a doctor and plan landing in Calgary in May. What info have you as per medical practice over there?
I look forward to reading from you.
hello omi I really know little about calgary in terms of its medical practice. But I hear day the private sector ie oil company clinics are places to look out for after certification. And am as inquisitive as u. Just planning to get board certified and to settle down real quick.

NAIJA1

Dec 15, 2011
Babaiyabor said:
Calgary will be your best choice, You can do all your exams and registrations smoothly in U of C. Plus, Calgary is a very rich city, neater, quieter and it's got a better weather compared to Edmonton. I don stay for both Edmonton and Calgary before, na small thing the place take better pass Woolwich..lol..(Joking).
But seriously, if you're a registered surgeon with The Royal College of Surgeons of England in the UK, the transition will be better in Calgary. And I trust Naija guys no dey slak! My job currently as an Audit Manager allow me travel everywhere in Canada/US, even some times Ghana...so trust me, Calgary is where it is.
babaiyabor thanks a lot for ur response. I really appreciate it.

Babaiyabor

Mar 15, 2012
Calgary SW
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-2000
Doc's Request.
04-2002
AOR Received.
03-2002
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
05-2002
Med's Done....
05-2002
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
06-2002
VISA ISSUED...
06-2002
LANDED..........
06-2002
Sorry I didn't get back to you as soon as anticipated.. These work matter dey keep me busy..but any way, for your questions;
Calgary is among the cities in Alberta that's growing rapidly due to the nature of it's expansions. The city was designed for a certain number of people (not too big) and now the rate of migration (progress to the city) is making officials expanding several aspects of the city. I would say to my knowledge, that the health care and oil/gas professionals are making the best of their professions in Calgary (top of their game). In the other hand if you be sharp guy, do things as soon as you get any opportunity. Take for example a good friend of mine studied statistics her in Canada as an international student from India, he was smart enough and secured a position U of A. I can confirm that he receives a 6 figure pay check annually. So , it's all about "doing it wise" and luck! trust me, Calgary is a good place to live and if you've got kids it's good for their growing up too

Weather here is fair. If you want all natural weather you can get them all here. On like other provinces, they get cold at all time. But truthfully, it's really cold here when it's winter and it's very hot here when it's summer. Average cost of living: Mortgage is $1600 (if you buy), For Rent: $1200 - 1300 for a nice place to live.For almost all apartments, the utilities are included. Utilities if you are renting a single house or if you buy your own property: $300 - 350 / month. And for other stuff (petrol, food...etc..) you could budget $400. And hey, you must have a vehicle here during winter, i.e. if you have kids. Some people don't have though but it's much more convenient especially if you are making a big weather change (Nigeria ---> Canada)

I'll be in touch real soon.

loolo said:

Thanks!

Loolo

OOW4CHRIST

Star Member
Nov 10, 2011
Lagos
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-11-2010
Doc's Request.
Sent with application
AOR Received.
24-02-2011
IELTS Request
Sent Along with Full Documents
Med's Request
12-08-2011, then 16-09-2011 (after adding our new baby)
Med's Done....
30-09-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-11-2011
LANDED..........
By God's Grace on Sunday 29th April 2012
Ladies and Gentlemen, please can you give me a list of approved items (especially food items) that are allowed to be brought into Canada. Thanks and God bless you.

Kcsider

Jan 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Dec 2012
Babaiyabor said:
As a quiet reader of unna message here, I salute unna all!

A bit about myself; Born in Nigeria to both Nigerians, lived in Nigeria till I was 18, moved to England and currently living in Alberta for 10 years. So I have both Canadian and British Citizenship.

If you have any questions blast it right away I will try my optimal best to answer everything as best as I can.

I greet all of unna once again!
Babaiyabo - thanks for offering to assist.

Presently i work as a Finance Manager for a multinational that have an office in Calgary. I am a chartered Accountant. I hope to secure an internal transfer once the visa sails through. What are the chances that one could get a good job in areas of Finance/Accounting

Kcsider

EMO

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-02-2013
Kcsider said:
Babaiyabo - thanks for offering to assist.

Presently i work as a Finance Manager for a multinational that have an office in Calgary. I am a chartered Accountant. I hope to secure an internal transfer once the visa sails through. What are the chances that one could get a good job in areas of Finance/Accounting

Kcsider
Please focus more on getting the internal transfer. It is more secured. However, if you want to widen your horizon you may need to find out what certification you will need to have to be considered for job in Alberta.

I know of certified accountant here who ended up doing menial bookkeeping out there.

Weigh all your options very well. I will think those who have gainful employment here should be very careful in threading the immigration path to a place like canada.

If we are prepare to handle a situation where possible deflation occur in the process. then you can fire the shot well and good.

Canada a gbe wa o.

Kcsider

Jan 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Dec 2012
EMO said:
Please focus more on getting the internal transfer. It is more secured. However, if you want to widen your horizon you may need to find out what certification you will need to have to be considered for job in Alberta.

I know of certified accountant here who ended up doing menial bookkeeping out there.

Weigh all your options very well. I will think those who have gainful employment here should be very careful in threading the immigration path to a place like canada.

If we are prepare to handle a situation where possible deflation occur in the process. then you can fire the shot well and good.

Canada a gbe wa o.

Thanks EMO

Oloye

Oct 4, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Folks,
I am sorry for being off for sometime now. It was due to my busy work schedule and my evening classes.

Landing in a province is a thing that must be carefully planned. Each province comes with their challenges in terms of weather, job, govt programs, education and others. As jobs offers are made to people on a daily basis in Ontario, so also is in Alberta, Manitoba and other provinces. We should just pray for God's guidance as per where to land.

While i won't rate one province over another, individual case and appropriate planning will determine right landing place.

Oloye

Reactions: Atlast

tinuadeadebola

Champion Member
Feb 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2010
Doc's Request.
22-06-2010
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
IELTS Request
already taken
File Transfer...
26-06-2010
Med's Request
June18th 2012
Med's Done....
June 21st 2012
Passport Req..
August 21st 2012
VISA ISSUED...
August 27th 2012
LANDED..........
February, 2013
Baba Iyabo!!!!!!
Glad to have you share and help we promise not to abuse it knowing fully well how busy you guys are over there.

I was thrilled to read that you are an audit manager, am an auditor myself in Nigeria though i work with the public sector, i am also a chartered Accountant (ICAN) here in naija and very recently started ACCA since i hear canada CGA recognises ACCA i hope its worth doing?

Truth is its very stressful preparing for the ACCA and i wld not be happy to finish it and realize is not so useful in canada after all so please share your opinion!!!!!

How is Iyabo doing? and how is Canada generally? i plan to land in Manitoba because i learnt i would be able to sponsor my younger ones under the PNP stream otherwise i would have prefered Calgary as i also have a Masters in Energy Finance!!!!
Cheers

Babaiyabor

Mar 15, 2012
Calgary SW
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-2000
Doc's Request.
04-2002
AOR Received.
03-2002
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
05-2002
Med's Done....
05-2002
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
06-2002
VISA ISSUED...
06-2002
LANDED..........
06-2002
You on the right track tinuadeadebola.If you can finish all ACCA wahala + Masters in Energy Finance, you will eat with two hands here. CGA is the real deal here but if you're ACCA Certified, it will be acknowledge automatically. Alberta has the PNP as well, you can look into that. Iyabor is growing well, thanks for asking.

tinuadeadebola said:
Baba Iyabo!!!!!!
Glad to have you share and help we promise not to abuse it knowing fully well how busy you guys are over there.

I was thrilled to read that you are an audit manager, am an auditor myself in Nigeria though i work with the public sector, i am also a chartered Accountant (ICAN) here in naija and very recently started ACCA since i hear canada CGA recognises ACCA i hope its worth doing?

Truth is its very stressful preparing for the ACCA and i wld not be happy to finish it and realize is not so useful in canada after all so please share your opinion!!!!!

How is Iyabo doing? and how is Canada generally? i plan to land in Manitoba because i learnt i would be able to sponsor my younger ones under the PNP stream otherwise i would have prefered Calgary as i also have a Masters in Energy Finance!!!!
Cheers

tinuadeadebola

Champion Member
Feb 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2010
Doc's Request.
22-06-2010
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
IELTS Request
already taken
File Transfer...
26-06-2010
Med's Request
June18th 2012
Med's Done....
June 21st 2012
Passport Req..
August 21st 2012
VISA ISSUED...
August 27th 2012
LANDED..........
February, 2013
Many thanks babaiyabo warm regards to the family, would sure keep you posted.