+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landed Immigrants: Share Landing, Job hunt, house hunt & other experience

Canadian4U

May 12, 2010
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rocky272727 said:

Landed successfully. Will update my landing experience soon. Thanks to all the members
Hey Rocky,

Many many congratulations!!!

Wish you a happy life ahead.

All the very best!!!!

bdg

Star Member
Apr 8, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
30-12-2015
File Transfer...
18-01-2016
Med's Done....
05-10-2015
Passport Req..
09-06-2016
CONGRATS ROCKY.
Pls share ur experience of landing including POF n others..
Hope to hear from u soon....

GIAWM

Star Member
Nov 12, 2009
maverick_stallion said:
can any one mail me the form of immunization for children pl...on p_kakarlamudi @ yahoo.com
just send one on your personal mail....

regards

raheelsoomro

May 29, 2010
Hello everyone,
Can anyone post the Immunization form to me as well on raheelsoomro@msn.com, I just want to check what it is because I have found out that the immunization schedule by the doctors in any country is acceptable.
Regards,

Raheel

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks everyone for the wishes. I will update my landing experience in detail and it will definately help a lot of people...noted everything on paper....so Give me todays time and will update it soon

God bless and happy landing

kulikuli

Star Member
Oct 9, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
09-04-2010
VISA ISSUED...
19-04-2010
LANDED..........
Not decided
rocky272727 said:

Landed successfully. Will update my landing experience soon. Thanks to all the members
Congrats! We cant wait for your updates!

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rocky272727 said:

HI,

ROCKY,

MANY CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR LANDING, HOPE EVERY THING WENT SMOOTH AND FINE.
WELCOME TO CANADA.

HMISABPK

sushid0c

Star Member
Oct 25, 2007
Hi one and all.

I have been a regular reader of this forum though I hadn’t posted in between.

This forum has been a constant support and guide to me.

I landed on 20th may 2010. Our flight jet airways from delhi to Toronto via Brussels was on time.

I had a tough time with my 3 year old son who was not ready to sit down and fasten his seat belt.

At the airport…………….
I landed at pearson airport around noon. and it was quite pleasant and surprisingly sunny.

The first counter that I went through was a common counter where all people who landed went. The guy at the counter was a young guy, mid twenties, boyish smiling and saw the passports.

He then directed me to a separate counter ( people who have tourist visa move on to the baggage reclaim). That is where the main landing documents were checked. I must say that I had a fairly good experience with landing. My son was running around the area and yelling as if he had been let loose. The other staff did seem irritated but said politely to take him out which my husband did. My IO asked for the passports , COPR and while doing that he kept on talking with me. I had mentioned Victoria in my papers as the choice of place where I would like to settle. He said he had a sister living there and that it is small and quite and not cold like other parts. He joked he knew hindi and I smiled and then he counted 1 to 10 in hindi and I was amazed. He then asked me how much funds I have. I drew my hand in my purse to show that I have some cash and others in the bank savings account. To that he just waved his hand. So I actually did not have to show or count it. AMAZING……………………………
I had a print out of the add and phone no. ready
He took the address and phone no. of the relative where the PR would be sent.

Then we moved on the baggage reclaim area. You need 2 CAD coin for the trolley. We did not have it so carried it on our own.

We were then directed to another counter. ( probably some customs and duty section). The young lady asked me if I have a goods to follow. Somehow I forgot to make a 2nd copy. Even though I knew we had to make 2 copies of it. She asked me specifically for jewellery to which I answered yes. She asked for the photograph to which I produced one. ( It was taken hurriedly from the mobile camera and then a computer print out ).
She went inside and made copies of both the goods to follow and the photograph and handed one set to me and kept the other. She told me to keep it safely.

All in all it was over in 1 hour( from touching the ground to coming out of the airport).
We had a relative waiting over to pick us up.

sushid0c

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

Ok here I Go.

Indian Airport.

Get the documents checked ...i.e. visa and they might ask for landing papers. cleared Indian Immgration and reached Canada ...weather was good and bright.

Now...when you land...you will first come to initial immigration..He askedme how much money i am carrying told him cash and bankers cheque he just wrote and checked the declaration card. He was fine to me and very coopeative. He directed me to go right hand side for immigration. You will see a que there and the immigration officer will call you and direct you to a new que for new immigrants..you can directly also goto the que called new immigrants.

Mind you the que may be long. When ypu meet any CBSA official please greet them..The immigration officer will call you once your turn comes. Then here goes the conversataion.

Officer - How are you Sir
Me - I am good how are you.
Officer - So are you here to complete your landing
Me - Yes.
Officer - So how was the flight
Me - bla bla bla
Officer took my COPR and passport. Asked me are you landing alone, where are you going to stay I gave him the copy of printed address which zi was carrying..he asked me how much money I was carrying and just wrote is didnt ask me to show it to him.

He was very cooperative and told me that my card will come to me in a month.

Sorry for spelling mistake and wrong english as I am typing this reply from my cell phone.

Then i went to the counter just next to the que , guys name is Mohhammad and lady is quiet sweet..they might change shift. she will give a hand bag...map for the city you moving to and some other leaflets. She will ask you to goto another cunter where the Indian guy greets yo9u sht migh change the person he gives you more leaflets.

Then exit to take baggage and dont worry of you dont have change you can get it by the money changer machine as Qorax has already explaned

zthen i went to customs the lady said mmigrants go .left and there was again a ..que..then got luggage xrayed and the cbsa official didnt asked for d to follow list so i asked him do you need it or there will be some one else asking fo it he said good you reminded me...so he took my 4 page print out and jewellery pics and photocopied everything and gave me print aform..then tod me to keep it. after you exit. and finally you land in canada as PR...

This is a quick one to help peple but soon i will update abatter explained process. I wish everyone bes of luc for landing and be very conident fluent in communication andbe positive and have a smilling face.

Good luck

Yahoo India

Feb 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 2010
Doc's Request.
15-03-2010
AOR Received.
27-04-2010
IELTS Request
03-2010
File Transfer...
15-03-2010
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
As soon as I get Visa
Congratulations Rocky.

The address you mentioned for PR card, did you find that place before leaving India or there is a relative of yours? Please do update other things like job, bank, etc.

Best of luck.

msaleem216

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2007
Doc's Request.
10-03-2009
Med's Done....
11-03-2013
Passport Req..
05-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-11-2014
LANDED..........
3rd December,2014 INSHA ALLAH
CONGRATS ROCKY.
Pls share ur experience
Hope to hear from u
saleem

malu08

Jul 27, 2009
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
rocky272727 said:
Hi All,

Ok here I Go.

Indian Airport.

Get the documents checked ...i.e. visa and they might ask for landing papers. cleared Indian Immgration and reached Canada ...weather was good and bright.

Now...when you land...you will first come to initial immigration..He askedme how much money i am carrying told him cash and bankers cheque he just wrote and checked the declaration card. He was fine to me and very coopeative. He directed me to go right hand side for immigration. You will see a que there and the immigration officer will call you and direct you to a new que for new immigrants..you can directly also goto the que called new immigrants.

Mind you the que may be long. When ypu meet any CBSA official please greet them..The immigration officer will call you once your turn comes. Then here goes the conversataion.

Officer - How are you Sir
Me - I am good how are you.
Officer - So are you here to complete your landing
Me - Yes.
Officer - So how was the flight
Me - bla bla bla
Officer took my COPR and passport. Asked me are you landing alone, where are you going to stay I gave him the copy of printed address which zi was carrying..he asked me how much money I was carrying and just wrote is didnt ask me to show it to him.

He was very cooperative and told me that my card will come to me in a month.

Sorry for spelling mistake and wrong english as I am typing this reply from my cell phone.

Then i went to the counter just next to the que , guys name is Mohhammad and lady is quiet sweet..they might change shift. she will give a hand bag...map for the city you moving to and some other leaflets. She will ask you to goto another cunter where the Indian guy greets yo9u sht migh change the person he gives you more leaflets.

Then exit to take baggage and dont worry of you dont have change you can get it by the money changer machine as Qorax has already explaned

zthen i went to customs the lady said mmigrants go .left and there was again a ..que..then got luggage xrayed and the cbsa official didnt asked for d to follow list so i asked him do you need it or there will be some one else asking fo it he said good you reminded me...so he took my 4 page print out and jewellery pics and photocopied everything and gave me print aform..then tod me to keep it. after you exit. and finally you land in canada as PR...

This is a quick one to help peple but soon i will update abatter explained process. I wish everyone bes of luc for landing and be very conident fluent in communication andbe positive and have a smilling face.

Good luck

Good to know your exp. All the Best for your gr8 future too.

Reet

Star Member
Dec 30, 2009
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
initial application to NS-2nd Nov.
Doc's Request.
14th Jan..docs sent to CHC 29th Jan.
IELTS Request
14th Jan
File Transfer...
20th jan
Med's Request
8th March
Med's Done....
18th March
Interview........
waived-off
Passport Req..
8th March
VISA ISSUED...
26th April
LANDED..........
not decided yet
Thanx rocky..u've done a gr8 job by posting ur experiences...keep updating
thanx... :)

rupesh

Star Member
Sep 27, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Rocky,

Congratulation buddy...

I have one query -- which flight you took from india and what is the maximum weight allowed per person...

thanks and all d best for your smooth and comfortable settlement in canada...