+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landed Immigrants: Share Landing, Job hunt, house hunt & other experience

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can see the immunization schedule here: http://www.phac-aspc.gc.ca/im/is-cv/index-eng.php#a and underneath some explanations of what shots those are.

Honolulu

Jan 14, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 25th 2009 ( at Sydney)
LANDED..........
December 29th
Can anyone let me know the expected monthly car insurance costs in British Columbia or Ontario?
I heard gas is cheap but insurance is costlier in Canada than USA.

mpapdp.1984

Oct 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-11-2008
AOR Received.
18-03-2009
File Transfer...
27-10-2009
Med's Request
16-04-2010
Med's Done....
29-04-2010 (Reached Ottawa May 4 2010)
Interview........
waived
Honolulu said:
Can anyone let me know the expected monthly car insurance costs in British Columbia or Ontario?
Starting car insurance (comprehensive) can be as high as $ 400 per month. If you buy a car by making payments towards a loan, you have no choice but to buy comprehensive insurance. However, if you make full payment for the car, you can purchase only liability, which will then be much lower.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Honolulu said:
What mpapdp said makes sense. Further note that your Insurance will also depend on:
1. Make & model of the veh
2. Year of manufacture
3. Purchase Price & residual value
4. The area u reside [?*]
5. The Kms u'd do daily**.
6. Your driving history in Canada [being new, we have none -the rates'd be skyrocketing].

Thus, a compact or a mid-sized sedan might get u in $400. But, if u go for a luxury veh or an SUV -think about 600-750/month.

*The area could have a high crime rate [as per ins. co.] & then the premium goes higher.
**It's wise to say that u'd use the veh only for fetching groceries & rare sightseeing trips. Stating that u'd use the veh for daily office runs -would accrue higher premiums.

Qorax

Honolulu

Jan 14, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 25th 2009 ( at Sydney)
LANDED..........
December 29th
Thanks quorax and mpapdp.
My word this is a real eye opener.
Here I pay just about $40 a month for comprehensive insurance.
I was grumbling about gas pices because it is about $3.80 a gallon...
Looks like car insurance will carve a large piece off the family budget at Canada :eek:

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Honolulu said:
Thanks quorax and mpapdp.
My word this is a real eye opener.
Here I pay just about $40 a month for comprehensive insurance.
I was grumbling about gas pices because it is about $3.80 a gallon...
Looks like car insurance will carve a large piece off the family budget at Canada :eek:
Nowhere in the world car insurance costs so much, as Viva Canada.

lands

Jan 28, 2010
Not if you live in SK..here it is very cheap and reasonable...its run by the provincial government..and it is non for profit..so u get to great rates..

bluepine

Star Member
Jun 4, 2009
My friend told me that just buy public liability it can cost 600$ a year but it would be better if you have cheaper car..this what i understand from him and i will do the same just buy cheap car for the start up if things go well than one can move up.

rupesh

Star Member
Sep 27, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
query regarding Goods to follow list -- do they ask for detailed list ... lets say i am writing in B4 that - Kitchen Utensils --- $5000 -- is this enough or they can ask about detailed list in Kitchen Utensils with its value in CAD.

also required help on maximum weight allowed in air india flight (per bag or total) -- and any restriction on number of bags we can carry..

plz help...

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You need to give a more detailed list than just kitchen utensils, especially if it is a high amount. If the amount is less than $50 for a comination of items, maybe you can try listing it as a collection but anything above that, I would break it down more. You should list the price of used items at the flea market value, not at the price you bought the items at.

maverick_stallion

Feb 18, 2010
Leon said:
You can see the immunization schedule here: http://www.phac-aspc.gc.ca/im/is-cv/index-eng.php#a and underneath some explanations of what shots those are.
Leon,

Is there a official cic format for the same or will one given by an indian doctor will also do.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
maverick_stallion said:
Leon,

Is there a official cic format for the same or will one given by an indian doctor will also do.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/immunization-forms-t34650.0.html