Med's Request
15-12-2009
Med's Done....
11-01-2010
Passport Req..
15-12-2009
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2010
Thanks Binny8, Gags372 for sharing your landing experiences... good luck.. Again, for qorax too ..

lands

Jan 28, 2010
maverick_stallion said:
Thanx a ton quorzx,

i have a ahd-mumbai-london-edmonton flight the jetairways 10th sept 10 guys told me the same thing that you need a transit visa but i have booked the tickets thro them only but as you have flown thro heathrow i am now more sure that things will be ok flying thro heathrow.... :p
nothing to worry about..unless you are flying through Gatwick...anybody traveling from LHR does not need a transit VISA.You might have to travel between terminals, but even then you will not be required to have a transit VISA to do so.

Good luck.

Awale

May 23, 2010
I think those of you travelled through LHT without DATV are lucky or may be it depends nationalities..Airline insisted that we need a transit Visa and our tickets were only to stay 2 hours in LHT for changing planes not changing the airport.. We have applied transit visa from the UIK embassy in Cairo knowing that from the UK border agency website that there is no need transit Visa once you have Canadian Visa but they denied. So tell me what is wrong here other than that it depend nationalities...

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
binny8 said:
hi quorx,

i too found accomodation in malton (darcel ave) sharing my guest house with a couple who r new immigrants as well and are teachers...
its a long weekend so no official work can be done, i will start my job search from tuesday onwards, i am in IT profession....
hope to find a job soon, also looking for a accomodation as the guest house is booked for 1 month only, do u have any idea of how much a 2 bd room set will cost near malton or square one.

if you are near darcel then do let me know we will meet up...it can get very lonely here specially when ur family is back in India...
Uhh, I guess u r under the same umbrella of Manpreet or Nobin, r u?

If u r in the Detached or Semis in Darcel Ave, u'd get a basement for $600-750. Those 3 big Apt [eg. 7230 -Darcel Ave] goes for $900-1200/unit/month for a 2BR.

I've rented a Townhouse in Rexwood Ave, the ones opposite to Wendy's/Tim Hortons -on Derry Road. 5 minutes walk from Darcel Ave.

U may PM me your No. & we can touch-base.

Qorax

Ps.: For everyone, the prices I quoted above remains same for entire Toronto GTA [including Mississauga & Brampton], for an OK accommodation, which is Recommended for newcomers. If u intend to live in a bit upscale neighborhood, u should be prepared to shelve out upwards $1450-1900.

lands

Jan 28, 2010
Awale said:
I think those of you travelled through LHT without DATV are lucky or may be it depends nationalities..Airline insisted that we need a transit Visa and our tickets were only to stay 2 hours in LHT for changing planes not changing the airport.. We have applied transit visa from the UIK embassy in Cairo knowing that from the UK border agency website that there is no need transit Visa once you have Canadian Visa but they denied. So tell me what is wrong here other than that it depend nationalities...
very interesting.....will you be able to call the British airways office in India and ask them for a flight quote...you can then ask them if you need a transit VISA to travel through LHR..LHR is popular with travelers mainly because of its non TRV policy...

Awale

May 23, 2010
Does any one know about Vaccination cards for kids? I understand the schools will ask in order to give admission. If you don't have them what will happen? Wil they give vaccination again or what? please help!..

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can you get any sort of letter from your children's doctor stating what vaccinations they have had? That would help. Then you take them to a doctor when you get to Canada, tell the doctor what they've had and the doctor will give them a vaccination card and bring them up to date.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Awale said:
Does any one know about Vaccination cards for kids? I understand the schools will ask in order to give admission. If you don't have them what will happen? Wil they give vaccination again or what? please help!..
IMMUNIZATION FORMS:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/immunization-forms-t34650.0.html

mailvdutt

Dec 29, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-sep-2009
Doc's Request.
20-nov-2009
File Transfer...
25-Nov-2009
Med's Request
06-Apr-2010
Med's Done....
13-Apr-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-Apr-2010
VISA ISSUED...
17-May-2010
LANDED..........
28-jul-2010
Hey qorax ,

With our FSW visa can we go to montreal(Quebec) and work?

Thanks
Vishal

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
mailvdutt said:
Hey qorax ,

With our FSW visa can we go to montreal(Quebec) and work?

Thanks
Vishal
After landing... YES. As a PR u can go, reside, study, work & be in business anywhere in Canada [even in Quebec].

Qorax

Reet

Star Member
Dec 30, 2009
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
initial application to NS-2nd Nov.
Doc's Request.
14th Jan..docs sent to CHC 29th Jan.
IELTS Request
14th Jan
File Transfer...
20th jan
Med's Request
8th March
Med's Done....
18th March
Interview........
waived-off
Passport Req..
8th March
VISA ISSUED...
26th April
LANDED..........
not decided yet
hello everybody....i'm lukin for ur advise..

The documents that i received with my stamped passports and PR donot include my work experience letter.however i hv got back my husband's work exp certificate and my IELTS score sheet..shud i request for my original work certificate from embassy???i thnk it will be quite helpful in job search...

thanx

Awale

May 23, 2010
Thank you very much Qorax for clarification.. I did not also get the form. Would you please kind enough to send it me. My email address is abuhibo@gmail.com.. Thanks Brother..

GIAWM

Star Member
Nov 12, 2009
All,

Has anybody finalized on the Travel Insurance from India... Please give your suggestions... I am confused on the whether to go with ICICI Lomabrd or with Reliance Health care....

(ICICI Lombard gives TI for 60 days only...In reliance, it is available for even 180 days...)

Regards

lands

Jan 28, 2010
I thought I will offer everybody some other tips..

1. Nothing is "FREE" in Canada...they might say it is free..but there will always be a catch..so always read the Fine print.

2.Temptations - We come from developing countries...on the other hand Canada is a developed country..things are relatively cheap for people who are already 'established'...key word "established"..you are coming to start a new life..the last thing you want is to be in Debt even before you start earning a single cent....beware...be carefull on how you spend your money...keep the big picture in mind..spend only if you have to, not because you want to...once you have a steady income you can treat yourself as you wish

3. Respect \ Acceptability - The beauty of being in Canada is that you do not have to be canadian to be accepted into the canadian society...pretty much everybody is a desendent of an immigrant..so we are accepted as we are..and given the respect..we however need to respect people back..keep in mind you might be allowed to live the life you want..as long as you live according to the guidlines, rules and regulations set forth by the Canadian law...there is lot of freedom as long as you dont cross the line...you cant come to Canada and live like you lived back home...you dont have to change..you need to adopt..you do not need to change your life style to be a canadian..most of us will face a culture shock...but the key is to realize that it is because we are in a new country..and the answer to get over culture shock is not to change but adapot...take the good leave the bad out...

4. Credit score- When ever you need to borrow money the first thing the lender will check is your credit score..as a new comer you will not have a credit score..so how do u build a credit score....this is what I did..I opened a bank account with the money I brought and took out a loan against it...they I deposited that money in a different account..but made it a point to pay a certain amount back in to the loan every month..I did it for 12 months...payments made on time...helps create a credit score for you..it was not big after a year..but atleast there was something for me..., I always paid the entire outstading amount of my credit card..if at all possible never just pay the minimum amount..it will catch up to you..and eventually you will only be paying the interest every month....affects your credit score big time....always keep the limit of your credit card lower than what you earn...so you know you will never spend more than what you earn...

Like I said in my previous post these are some hard things to do..because back home you are used to have led a very comfortable life..but its all about the big picture..a better life..and you have to start life from the begining..and once you get everythin in line things will always be better...

as always not everybody will agree with me..but hopefully it will help some of you..

Good luck...

R

Raj22

Thanks a lot Lands for sharing this. It was wonderful to read it. Adapting to new circumstances is the key for success.