+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landed Immigrants: Share Landing, Job hunt, house hunt & other experience

Awale

May 23, 2010
Thanks for sharing. I am aslo planning to land in July.. i have made reservation through London Hethrow. But DATV was denied by Embassy.. now i have to look for another route which direct one.. of course it will be more expensive but have no other choice..

Awale

May 23, 2010
Friends..

Does anyone has the computer fillable version of goods came with you form (B4?)? Kinldy share wt me if you have one..

thanks

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Awale said:
Thanks for sharing. I am aslo planning to land in July.. i have made reservation through London Hethrow. But DATV was denied by Embassy.. now i have to look for another route which direct one.. of course it will be more expensive but have no other choice..
For passing thru Heathrow & especially if the final destination is Canada, u don't need a DATV. We have written about it in many threads, even on this one. I came here thru Heathrow as well.

Qorax

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Awale said:
Friends..

Does anyone has the computer fillable version of goods came with you form (B4?)? Kinldy share wt me if you have one..

thanks
The B4@the CBSA website is a 'computer fillable' version.

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Post by gags372. Thanks for sharing

Hi,
Everybody,

I Landed at vancouver, International Airport Canada on 20th May 2010, by cathay pacificflight # cx 888 via hongkong, at 21:30. (10 Minutes before schedule time, It was quit cold evening in vancouve)
The procedure was very smooth and very easy, following are the details

I was Greeted and welcomed by an Immigration officer and he stamped the passport and directed to go to the New Immigrant welcome counter and then follow the Customs counter.

1. I went to Immigration counter where the officer stamped my passport.

2. I went to the new Immigrant counter given my PR and passport to the officer on counter. He filled my paper and asks me to sing on different place on the form. He ask me my accommodation / residential address which I told him .

3. I then proceeded to the Welcome Canada counter there were two counter and I went on both counter one by one, where I was given some pamphlets and books, instructions and a carry bag (on second counter) with regards to settling in Canada and free to go everywhere without paying any thing for government paper process.

4. I was offered help by a porter service company man to collect my luggage. With CAD $10, I was having only one luggage and hand carry. They charge $ 10 for first luggage and $2 for each additional luggage. You can take by yourself trolley and luggage to out without paying any thing.

5. He did not check the list or goods carried along with me, the process was completed in 15 minutes and I was out from the immigration door at 21:55 hours. It was really very pleasant landing experience, People are very nice, kind and warmly welcoming the immigrants on the airport.

7. I just went out and my family came and picks me and I was reach to my home within 30 minutes.

8. Later I went to Government Service office for my SIN (Social Insurance Number) and received a temp SIN number for myself, were informed that the SIN card would come in a couple of 2 weeks time on my address.

10. Next I went to the Bank scotia bank, Costumer service officer explain me the different kind of account, I ask her which will be suitable for new Immigrant,

thats all , now i m very happy.

lands

Jan 28, 2010
Awale said:
You do not need a transit VISA when traveling via LHR...Unless you were planning to do some site seeing in London...

MSMirza

Oct 14, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
.. waiting .. & .. waiting ..
Any job hunting experiences till now? I've heard many unpleasant stories, but am still hoping for a better input from you guys.. Wish you all best of luck..

Regards,

Mirza.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
MSMirza said:
Any job hunting experiences till now? I've heard many unpleasant stories, but am still hoping for a better input from you guys.. Wish you all best of luck..

Regards,

Mirza.
A family sharing my G/House landed 2 weeks before us. They r from Nepal... and both r teachers by profession. Sweet fellows. They took a week to complete the documentations & obtain the G1 driving license. From week2 they started the job hunting.

Basically looking for anything nearby [the location we stay -Malton, Mississauga]. The wife is not yet into the job foray. Few days back the guy received an appointment letter & commenced the job from the same day [it was his 20th day in Toronto].

He joined a small warehouse as a warehouse clerk. Regular 10 to 6 [day] shift. Starting salary $14.50/hr. With a promise of increment in 2 months, based on his performance.

He received couple of other offers as well, in & around Toronto [2 were paying higher]. But he chose this one, as it was walking/cycling distance from home. As he'd save on the commuting time & the transportation costs. Besides have more family time.

QORAX

binny8

Jan 5, 2010
hi quorx,

i too found accomodation in malton (darcel ave) sharing my guest house with a couple who r new immigrants as well and are teachers...
its a long weekend so no official work can be done, i will start my job search from tuesday onwards, i am in IT profession....
hope to find a job soon, also looking for a accomodation as the guest house is booked for 1 month only, do u have any idea of how much a 2 bd room set will cost near malton or square one.

if you are near darcel then do let me know we will meet up...it can get very lonely here specially when ur family is back in India...

qorax said:
A family sharing my G/House landed 2 weeks before us. They r from Nepal... and both r teachers by profession. Sweet fellows. They took a week to complete the documentations & obtain the G1 driving license. From week2 they started the job hunting.

Basically looking for anything nearby [the location we stay -Malton, Mississauga]. The wife is not yet into the job foray. Few days back the guy received an appointment letter & commenced the job from the same day [it was his 20th day in Toronto].

He joined a small warehouse as a warehouse clerk. Regular 10 to 6 [day] shift. Starting salary $14.50/hr. With a promise of increment in 2 months, based on his performance.

He received couple of other offers as well, in & around Toronto [2 were paying higher]. But he chose this one, as it was walking/cycling distance from home. As he'd save on the commuting time & the transportation costs. Besides have more family time.

QORAX

sulekhakulashari

Star Member
Oct 21, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/10/2009
thanks qorax for infor. It seems that people are getting jobs

malu08

Jul 27, 2009
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
binny8 said:
hi quorx,

i too found accomodation in malton (darcel ave) sharing my guest house with a couple who r new immigrants as well and are teachers...
its a long weekend so no official work can be done, i will start my job search from tuesday onwards, i am in IT profession....
hope to find a job soon, also looking for a accomodation as the guest house is booked for 1 month only, do u have any idea of how much a 2 bd room set will cost near malton or square one.

if you are near darcel then do let me know we will meet up...it can get very lonely here specially when ur family is back in India...

Best of luck Binny for your job search. I hope you would get one soon. Can you tell me which technologies you are looking for the job under 0213? I am also into IT and sooner or latter also have to go for Job hunt right now I m in India.
Would be gr8 if you could share your exp on this in coming weeks or Months.
thanks buddy.

maverick_stallion

Feb 18, 2010
qorax said:
For passing thru Heathrow & especially if the final destination is Canada, u don't need a DATV. We have written about it in many threads, even on this one. I came here thru Heathrow as well.

Qorax
Thanx a ton quorzx,

i have a ahd-mumbai-london-edmonton flight the jetairways 10th sept 10 guys told me the same thing that you need a transit visa but i have booked the tickets thro them only but as you have flown thro heathrow i am now more sure that things will be ok flying thro heathrow.... :p

malu08

Jul 27, 2009
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
maverick_stallion said:
Thanx a ton quorzx,

i have a ahd-mumbai-london-edmonton flight the jetairways 10th sept 10 guys told me the same thing that you need a transit visa but i have booked the tickets thro them only but as you have flown thro heathrow i am now more sure that things will be ok flying thro heathrow.... :p
How much ticket cost you per Person?