07-03-2012
Med's Done....
12-03-2012, Recd by VO on 16-03-2012, Medical received line added 24-04-12
Passport Req..
14-May-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-06-2012
TMSB said:
Yes he wrote everything on COPR and as said he printed (not hand written) on COPR that I became a permanent resident on landing date and time.
I was wondering if, while i am here, i can use IMM 5444 form to apply for the card or not?? thanks for your help.
I am not sure, if he gave you in print then he must have recorded this in the system as well and knowing that if you apply for PRC I am just wondoring it shouldnt create any problem for you that you are cheating, just my understanding others can also comment.

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you are still planning to go back to your country, you can do so. Before returning apply for a PRTD ( Travel document ) at the Canadian Embassy in you country. After re-entering you can pursue for your PR Card. Once you landed and got the copy of COPR signed, you are a landed immigrant already. In fact no immigrant has a permanent address of his own before landing in Canada.

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
Agree with Wilson. Also, you can not use that form to apply for an original PR card because processing of the card is done automatically when you land. When you return for a longer period of time or permanently, they will mail it to you or ask you to pick it up at one of the local immigration offices.

explorer101

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You have the option to come next time and apply for PR card. I would not recommend to send IMM5444 now, the officer may have written a note in the system that you are going to go back after 7 days as per your version.

canadaforall

Champion Member
Aug 11, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30th January 2009
Doc's Request.
February .12 .2009
AOR Received.
30. 08.2009
IELTS Request
no
File Transfer...
Med's Request
march 27th 2012
Med's Done....
5 april 2012
Interview........
waved
Passport Req..
March 27th 2912
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
sho78 said:
Yes its your mistake, just think logically for them they assume you are coming to settle in Canada thatswhy they asked for proof of landing funds etc etc, did you have proof of landing funds with you if so why did you take it if you were going for temporary purpose. whats the meaning of permanent residence card if you tell them that you didnt come here to settle permanently why they will give you permanent residence.

Its your mistake.
I fully agree with you, he made a mistake.

My friend had a similar problem, but his is different. he arrived and landed and when he gave his pictires to apply for Pr card, he was told that they have his pictures, he was surprised and even till now he is still not understanding they got his pictures.

Please any ideas. also help.

kpopi77

Sep 17, 2009
Lagos
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-10-2009
Doc's Request.
21-12-2009
Nomination.....
NA
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
29-12-2009
Med's Request
30-03-2012
Med's Done....
02-05-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
23-07-2012
LANDED..........
22-09-2012
explorer101 said:
You have the option to come next time and apply for PR card. I would not recommend to send IMM5444 now, the officer may have written a note in the system that you are going to go back after 7 days as per your version.
Go back to immigration and complete your landing process. I am almost sure that officer is one of those that were newly recruited and is yet to go through some training.

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
The passport request must have also asked for 2 photos. One of them will be used for the pr card. Nothing to worry about.

canadaforall said:
I fully agree with you, he made a mistake.

My friend had a similar problem, but his is different. he arrived and landed and when he gave his pictires to apply for Pr card, he was told that they have his pictures, he was surprised and even till now he is still not understanding they got his pictures.

Please any ideas. also help.

Right

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
YES
Buddy, next time talk less and write less. Like someone rightly said, why did u take ur POF? If you wanna be Holier then u shld have taken the little u need for the holiday.
Immigrants like you made immigrant officer suspect some of us. Why not give the address of ur friend and keep mute. Even if u r asked about ur permanent address reaafirm same. Many pple have landed in a province stayed and collect their PR card and move to a different province. Why do we like to complicate issues for ourselves. Imagine you now want to do an illegal thing by applying for PR within 7days, knowing fully that u are not yuet there permanently. I hate pple who think they are super smart and at the same time want to prove innocency!
Good luck to u anyhow you sort yourself out!

Aquib

Apr 19, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
March 2010
AOR Received.
JULY 2010
IELTS Request
SUBMIT WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
FEB 2010
Med's Request
09 FEB 2012
Med's Done....
27 Feb 2012
Interview........
Medical received 12 March
Passport Req..
15 April 2012
VISA ISSUED...
30 April 2012
LANDED..........
Sep 18 2012 Shuker Allah.
Please Go back to immigration officer and ask them to send your pr card to your address (give friend address saying you will staying there).
As may be you find difficult in landing next time or in obtaining visa next time when u wanna come .

TMSB

Oct 21, 2009
Right said:
Buddy, next time talk less and write less. Like someone rightly said, why did u take ur POF? If you wanna be Holier then u shld have taken the little u need for the holiday.
Immigrants like you made immigrant officer suspect some of us. Why not give the address of ur friend and keep mute. Even if u r asked about ur permanent address reaafirm same. Many pple have landed in a province stayed and collect their PR card and move to a different province. Why do we like to complicate issues for ourselves. Imagine you now want to do an illegal thing by applying for PR within 7days, knowing fully that u are not yuet there permanently. I hate pple who think they are super smart and at the same time want to prove innocency!
Thanks for your reply and for everybody here trying to stand with others. I think we are here to help each other not to blam each other, correct me please. I said I know I did a mistake to be honest in writing in the landing card I will be here 7 days, but this is usual and I think that you all guys write this if you were planning to get back home within a certain duration. This is the first time for me to immigrate to Canada so the procedure is quite new to me and accepts mistake. I dont want to prove innocence.

newcomer

Dec 3, 2007
Middle East
Hi ,

Its a strange and rare incident and I dont want to go into the details and discuss its reasons.

As its not a common situation so anyone cannot give you correct information,though in my view you are already PR of Canada,but without a PR card appication so your best bet should be to call CIC and discuss this situation with their representative and I hope they ll be able to give you exact and correct info.

Also do visit your e-cas status ad enter your Immigration File# ,it will also show what CIC has entered in its records about your landing.Usually it shows the date and port of landing and mentions that applicant XXXX became PR of Canada on so n so date .

If CIC suggests you that you can apply for PR card when next time you visit Canada,and your e-cas status also shows that you have become PR of Canada ,then nothing to worry ,and apply for PR card at your next visit .

Hope it helps!

YTNZ

Apr 26, 2011
Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2011 encashed on 06/05/2011
Doc's Request.
06-02-2012 / 30-10-2012
Nomination.....
PER 03-06-2011
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
08-07-2011
Med's Request
30-10-2012
Med's Done....
15-11-2012 / Medical received line 07-12-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
6-2-2013
VISA ISSUED...
decision made: 1-3-13 Visa Date: 27-02-13 Passport Received: 5-3-13
LANDED..........
Hopefully June 2013
Right said:
TMSB did not commit a crime or an act that offended any other immigrant. I don't think immigrant officers will suspect any immigrant including TMSB for announcing that he is staying for a week in canada.
Why the harsh tone?

TMSB

Oct 21, 2009
newcomer said:
Hi ,

Its a strange and rare incident and I dont want to go into the details and discuss its reasons.

As its not a common situation so anyone cannot give you correct information,though in my view you are already PR of Canada,but without a PR card appication so your best bet should be to call CIC and discuss this situation with their representative and I hope they ll be able to give you exact and correct info.

Also do visit your e-cas status ad enter your Immigration File# ,it will also show what CIC has entered in its records about your landing.Usually it shows the date and port of landing and mentions that applicant XXXX became PR of Canada on so n so date .

If CIC suggests you that you can apply for PR card when next time you visit Canada,and your e-cas status also shows that you have become PR of Canada ,then nothing to worry ,and apply for PR card at your next visit .

Hope it helps!
Thanks newcomer for your suggestion to login into ecase and check my status, which I did it now when I read your text and it shows that "you entered Canada from xxxxxx on xxxxxx and became a perminant resident" and this reassured me a bit:) thanks again and well done.

I will also try to call them and see what they say and suggest an take it from there.

TMSB

Oct 21, 2009
YTNZ said:
TMSB did not commit a crime or an act that offended any other immigrant. I don't think immigrant officers will suspect any immigrant including TMSB for announcing that he is staying for a week in canada.
Why the harsh tone?
Thanks YTNZ I appreciate it. I think it's important to deal with this as I don't others to do the same and I know many people come here in the first visit just to stamp there passport and then get back home to finalise their commitment and return to Canada later. I think this will not only help me sort my problem outb but also all who are planning to land temporarily in future.

newcomer

Dec 3, 2007
Middle East
TMSB said:
Thanks newcomer for your suggestion to login into ecase and check my status, which I did it now when I read your text and it shows that "you entered Canada from xxxxxx on xxxxxx and became a perminant resident" and this reassured me a bit:) thanks again and well done.

I will also try to call them and see what they say and suggest an take it from there.
You are always welcome TMSB!

Good Luck.