+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landed.....BUT....HELP....Please

TMSB

Oct 21, 2009
Dear all,

I landed in Canada few days ago. i was planning to stay here for a week for landing purposes and go back home. That's why I gave the immigration officer in the airport my friend's address and asked him to send the card to that address. the officer allowed me to enter Canada as a permanent resident BUT he refused to take the address to send the Permanent resident card to there because this is not my address in canada and because i'll stay for a week only at this time. he clipped part of COPR on my passport to allow me enter again in future.

My question....Can I apply NOW while I'm still in Canada for permanent resident card using IMM 5444 form??

Thanks.

sho78

Sep 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-7-2011 (recieved by CIO), CC charged on 16-Aug
Doc's Request.
Sent with the application
AOR Received.
PER received 29th Sept
IELTS Request
Med's Request
07-03-2012
Med's Done....
12-03-2012, Recd by VO on 16-03-2012, Medical received line added 24-04-12
Passport Req..
14-May-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-06-2012
TMSB said:
Dear all,

I landed in Canada few days ago. i was planning to stay here for a week for landing purposes and go back home. That's why I gave the immigration officer in the airport my friend's address and asked him to send the card to that address. the officer allowed me to enter Canada as a permanent resident BUT he refused to take the address to send the Permanent resident card to there because this is not my address in canada and because i'll stay for a week only at this time. he clipped part of COPR on my passport to allow me enter again in future.

My question....Can I apply NOW while I'm still in Canada for permanent resident card using IMM 5444 form??
Thanks.
Its really very strange, so does it mean that CIC expects every immigrant to have their own accomodation before landing??,, I dont think, so you must have misunderstood what he said.

seniors please comment.

alexchristi

Sep 8, 2011
Newmarket, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5th july 2011
AOR Received.
PER 8th sept.2011
IELTS Request
on file
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
05. Oct. 2012
VISA ISSUED...
24. 10. 2012
LANDED..........
08.dec.2012
TMSB said:
Dear all,

Thanks.
I never heard such story; you should contact immigration office. ???

TMSB

Oct 21, 2009
Thanks for your quick response, i know its very strange but don't know what to do now??? whats the immigration office number, please??

TMSB

Oct 21, 2009
sho78,

the officer told me exactly "this is not your home address in Canada, this is your friend's address" and then he said "so next time when you come in to settle permanently here, we can take the address to send the PRC"!!!

sho78

Sep 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
PER received 29th Sept
IELTS Request
Med's Request
07-03-2012
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
14-May-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-06-2012
TMSB said:
sho78,

the officer told me exactly "this is not your home address in Canada, this is your friend's address" and then he said "so next time when you come in to settle permanently here, we can take the address to send the PRC"!!!
Actually our wordings means alot in such situations, I think he must have got the impression that you came for temporary period thatswhy he did it.

TMSB

Oct 21, 2009
yes he knows i came for temporary period as I wrote this in the boarding card which they gave me on the plane before landing and i handed in it to him. But is that usual when they see somebody lands temporarily for visa entry stamp and card purposes, they do this?? is it my mistake I was honest with them when i said i will stay for a week??

melkhatib

Aug 1, 2011
best thing to do is to reserve a room in a hotel and u can give the address of the hotel so cic will send all documents this is based on an experience from my friend best regards.

sho78

Sep 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
PER received 29th Sept
IELTS Request
Med's Request
07-03-2012
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
14-May-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-06-2012
TMSB said:
yes he knows i came for temporary period as I wrote this in the boarding card which they gave me on the plane before landing and i handed in it to him. But is that usual when they see somebody lands temporarily for visa entry stamp and card purposes, they do this?? is it my mistake I was honest with them when i said i will stay for a week??
Yes its your mistake, just think logically for them they assume you are coming to settle in Canada thatswhy they asked for proof of landing funds etc etc, did you have proof of landing funds with you if so why did you take it if you were going for temporary purpose. whats the meaning of permanent residence card if you tell them that you didnt come here to settle permanently why they will give you permanent residence.

Its your mistake.

sho78

Sep 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
PER received 29th Sept
IELTS Request
Med's Request
07-03-2012
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
14-May-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-06-2012
melkhatib said:
best thing to do is to reserve a room in a hotel and u can give the address of the hotel so cic will send all documents this is based on an experience from my friend best regards.
This has nothing to do with hotel room or friend's room doesnt make any difference.

TMSB

Oct 21, 2009
Yes I had with me the funds and saw it. But I think this is normal procedure that you come here before your visa is expired to stamp your passport and go back home finalise your commitments and other responsibilities and return back to canada using the permanent residence card. I have been a member of this forum since 2007, but never heard here such a story.
OK, i do accept this perhaps my mistake, but what to do now??

TMSB

Oct 21, 2009
Its good to mention that on the paper that he clipped on my passport which is part of COPR, it says clearly that I became a permanent resident in Canada from the day of landing, so basically its only the Card NOT related to temporary or permanently will stay here at this time.

sho78

Sep 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
PER received 29th Sept
IELTS Request
Med's Request
07-03-2012
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
14-May-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-06-2012
TMSB said:
Yes I had with me the funds and saw it. But I think this is normal procedure that you come here before your visa is expired to stamp your passport and go back home finalise your commitments and other responsibilities and return back to canada using the permanent residence card. I have been a member of this forum since 2007, but never heard here such a story.
OK, i do accept this perhaps my mistake, but what to do now??
So did he write anything on CORP that you can go back to Canada again using this, if so than you dont need to worry when you go back again you be carefull not doing this mistake again in the mean time try to contact cic and explaine the situation.

TMSB

Oct 21, 2009
Yes he wrote everything on COPR and as said he printed (not hand written) on COPR that I became a permanent resident on landing date and time.
I was wondering if, while i am here, i can use IMM 5444 form to apply for the card or not?? thanks for your help.